• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Maybe Pirate Gooms (Wario Land 1/2 generic spear-holding enemies) that charge around and send people sideways on hit? If we wanted to be creative, jumping on them or hitting them would knock them over, allowing people to pick them up and throw them as items (like the WL titles).

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That's signature Wario Land right there (using your enemies to your advantage). I like it!

Always wanted something like that in his moveset, much more than the shoulder bash even, but I figured it'd be hard to implement.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I LOVE Wario Ware but his WW inspired moves do not really fit. His Bike can stay though. Sakurai, give him.moves from Wario Land, Wario World, Shake It, and Master of Disguise or something.

I want the the WarioWare stage to return though

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Function over aesthetics. As a fighting game character, Brawl Wario was masterfully done, and the slow paced defensive oriented nature of Brawl worked in his favor. (I don't think he'll work as well in Smash 4 from what I've seen, so I'm hoping for some changes for that.)

In comparison, I found Project M Wario to be...blank. Like what am I supposed to do with him? How can I play him? What's his purpose? I completely despised him there, because he just seemed designed to appeal to Wario Land fans and nothing more. To be honest I feel this way over a lot of characters in Project M, the ones I use there are characters that didn't have any changes to their moveset so that pretty much goes for most Melee characters.d

I'm one of the biggest Wario Land fan out there and I'm completely against having his moveset be completely Wario Land inspired. His signature moves (shoulder bash, throwing objects, transformations) just don't work in the design of a fighting game unless they're drastically changed. (Having the shoulder bash be an f smash was a good idea, although I think a dash attack would be better.) I can see Wario World getting something for throws, which would be great, but nothing more.

Anyhow, I hope they fix his model as well in Smash 4. He was really short and TOO stubby in Brawl, make him taller and more toned.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Anyhow, I hope they fix his model as well in Smash 4. He was really short and TOO stubby in Brawl, make him taller and more toned.
I definitely agree with this. I believe that Wario is slightly taller than Luigi in most Mario games, but for whatever reason he was shorter than Mario in Brawl.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure the warioware stage will stay its one of those special stages and warios main stage

(I know Its a returning stage I hope new games get added if it comes back)

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Gunna go ahead and call this right now, but if Wario comes back, his Waft will feature a meter similar to Little Mac's KO meter, in that it will be a bar showing the progress of the Waft over time.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Gunna go ahead and call this right now, but if Wario comes back, his Waft will feature a meter similar to Little Mac's KO meter, in that it will be a bar showing the progress of the Waft over time.
you mean his fart move yea I can see that I little meter to tell his fart meter level is

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I went back and skimmed through the whole thread, and found a post saying that Sakurai apparently dislikes Wario Land. Can anyone verify this?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I went back and skimmed through the whole thread, and found a post saying that Sakurai apparently dislikes Wario Land. Can anyone verify this?
I don't see how anyone can dislike those games.

Also, Wario might be an unlockable this time around. Why would Sakurai wait this long?

He was unlockable in Mario Kart 7, and possibly Mario Kart 8.

D

Deleted member

I'm getting a bit impatient for Wario. I am REALLY hoping that he gets confirmed next month for Mario Golf or Mario Kart 8. It's mind-boggling how he hasn't been confirmed for this long.

Also, Wario might be an unlockable this time around. Why would Sakurai wait this long?
Probably to save Wario for a better date.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm really hoping for Mario Golf's date personally. I want to see him earlier than June. :p

Though Meta Knight is more likely to be revealed for that...even though DeDeDe was already reveled for Triple Deluxe's japanese date. (And I'm gonna go ahead and say Diddy was an exception what with Lil Mac, valentines day and the fact DKC is more prominent in the west)

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
He might be reveled on May 2 Mario Golf: World Tour Release Date or May 30 MK8 Release Date.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
the bike has to stay. the people that want the bike to leave dont know how to use it. the bike is what makes wario top tier as opposed to mid or high tier. look at gluttony play in tournaments. his bike technique is amazing
Agreed. The bike was his best move right next to the gas bomb! Is it me or am I the only one who would have liked to see Wario's FS be him and Waluigi doing some sort of double beatdown? To me that would have been better for Wario and fans of Waluigi who have to see him be a lame AT with the same exact moves from Brawl.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

I thereby dub this month, Wario month. Or in short, Way.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Wario Land 4 is out on Wii U VC.

Still no Wario.

UGH.
It's Saturday, maybe it will be this week. I will be seriously surprised if we don't get one last veteran before E3. It will either be Ness because Mother's Day, or Wario because as you said.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
It's Saturday, maybe it will be this week. I will be seriously surprised if we don't get one last veteran before E3. It will either be Ness because Mother's Day, or Wario because as you said.
Didn't it come out Friday though?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hope Wario has a mix of Wario Land and Wario Ware moves. Really just get rid of Corkscrew cause that move was crap.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm okay with Brawl Wario for the same reason that I'm okay with Rufus in Street Fighter 4: Acrofatic is fun.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I hope Wario has a mix of Wario Land and Wario Ware moves. Really just get rid of Corkscrew cause that move was crap.
I really hope Nintendo takes the Project: M's side-B and use it in SSB4. They could say "Suggested by the community" to not 100% relate themselves to Project: M.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
They should move the bike to neutral B.
But I like the chomp lol.

Seriously though, I think the shoulder bash is perfect as a dash attack, kinda like how DK got his roll as a dash now too. I'll miss Wario stealing bases though.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I'm a big fan of Wario in Brawl. He played great and is one of my most used characters behind Marth and G&W. There's not much that I would do change him since he's already so great, but his specials could definitely use some work. His A- attacks should use some Wario Land references like the shoulder bash and ground pound, though I personally prefer WarioWare as a series.

Don't get rid of the Bike like in Project M, it's awesome and totally suits Wario. The only specials Sakurai should change are the Corkscrew and possibly the chomp.

The corkscrew was a decent recovery option, but using Wario's jumps+ Bike is more effective most of the time, imo. Also, the corkscrew sucked offensively since it's easy for your opponent to escape and be punish you. I guess it would be a good move if Sakurai either buffed it or replaced it.
Chomp is also a decent move, but it'd be cool if it were at bit quicker. His shoulder bash would also make a good replacement for this move , if it's not one of his A attacks.

I'd also be nice if the Waft charged a little faster, especially since it looks like Little Mac's insta-kill special charges faster than the Waft.

Wario should be a bit taller in Smash 4 since he's supposed be taller than Luigi.

I think these changes would make Wario better competitively and more interesting ton play as. Having references to both WarioWare and Wario Land in his moveset would please fans of both series, which is good because they're both awesome series and there are a lot of fans wanting a Wario Land Wario for Smash 4. (but lets get real, WarioWare is superior and should therefore have more moveset priority :smirk:)

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
You guys don't know the power of corkscrew out of shield. Much use.
idk how I'd feel about any move set changes, bike is so fun, bite is so good, down smash is so lolsy when you do it on accident instead of a dacus...
also needs to keep Fair or I'm not even considering playing him.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
but lets get real, WarioWare is superior and should therefore have more moveset priority :smirk:)

In all seriousness though, I agree that there needs to be a balance. Wario is one of the few Smash Bros. characters with two franchises to his name. Skipping out on one of the them is a hugely missed chance that I think both Brawl and PM dropped the ball on.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just want his bike back.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What if his chomp was replaced by the Project: M shoulder bash? Chomp doesn't really showcase any of Wario's ability's anyway.

D

Deleted member

Chomp actually has an origin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom