• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Vs Ness

Leap of Faith

Smash Cadet
What do you guys do vs ness when they spam fair and nair all game. Seems like wario has nothing but to wait for waft especially online

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
We beat him in the air. Since our fair and nair come out so fast we can get into his little “zone” and wall him out in advantage state. He outranged us sure but it doesnt really help when we’re walling him so much with fast aerials and since most of our aerials are actually good combo tools its not out of the question to string nairs and fairs together which makes disadvantage against wario so bad

Leap of Faith

Smash Cadet
ok cool thanks. My other idea is maybe run one of my other mains. I roll wario inkling and megaman. I do kinda think Wario is not as strong as people think but I will try going super aggro on this kid first

Leap of Faith

Smash Cadet
I really think ness counters wario bad this guy in the video that first game basically could not do anything unless the ness made a mistake

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ness has the range advantage but he’s not used to having somebody with more air mobility than him. It’ll be hard to get in on Ness and you’ll have to kind of bait the Ness into playing over aggressively (which is hard to do because Ness can zone and Wario can’t). Definitely don’t use the bike in neutral that’s a free PK Fire for Ness. Wario is definitely faster in the air though and if he can get in he takes away Ness’s number one strength, control of the air

Ness is floaty so all Wario’s combos will work well on him. I think your best bet is to lull Ness into a false sense of security and then rush him down. Or just rush him down from the start if he’s not ready for it. If he uses PK Fire or PK Thunder in neutral that’s your perfect opportunity to go in, they both lag. I don’t think Wario wins this matchup and a patient Ness will be extremely hard to deal with for Wario but I don’t think it’s an unwinnable matchup. If he’s completely boxing you out there’s nothing you can do but if he leaves openings (nobody is perfect, there will be openings at some point) dash attack is a good way to get in

Leap of Faith

Smash Cadet
I have played the math up more now and have come up with an ideas. For people also struggling in this match up the most important thing is to not get hit by either fair or uair. To me the best thing you can do is play passive to build up waft and so you can pick your spots. I have found that you should not try to combo ness to much unless you are using uairs yourself because all this aerials come out so fast. Now one you get ness offstage I feel it is really important to try and edge guard him as much as possible ideally you make him recover high to get more. I also have seen a lot that ness players like to jump off ledge and forward air you to gain back control of stage. Beat this by pivoting then a forward tilt. Also I have used the bike to hit ness players it does work but you are right be tricky with it or you will be punished hard probably with a pk fire into back throw. Overall I think ness has the advantage pretty badly but it is possible as long as you hit your wafts.

Top Bottom