• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Time! The Wario's Weekly Match-Ups! Gathering Info and PICS!

swordsaint

Smash Master
It's been a while since you guys discussed Falco yes? I thought it interesting to see you guys believe you have the 55-45 over Falco. Falco boards believe we have the 55-45 over you.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Then again, we believe we are right.

Don't tell me it's because of Larry, his view on matchups are kinda awkward (65-35 against Wario lulz).

bassem6

Smash Lord
Dude pado, Im gonna be honest with you. I learned the CG after reading YOUR explanation on it in a different thread (I forget which one). But you did a really good job of explaining it! I didnt know you had to let the control stick go back into neutral position for it to work. Thats what I had been doing wrong every single time I tried it.

And if you master the cg, a free 67ish % is definitely not overrated.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
If you master the chaingrab and manage to grab Falco at a percentage on which he shouldn't be tempted to get into situations in which you can really grab him, then what you say counts.

To be honest, grabbing Falco is definitely manageable, but not if they are actively trying to prevent just that from happening. The damage window in which you can actually start the CG in the first place is also a bit strict, causing the chaingrab not really to affect the matchup all too drastically.

Imo.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yeah thats true, but if the falco KNOWS you can do the cg, its another thing that they have to be worrying about during a match. This may lead them to use less side-B's or attack less often so they leave themselves open less often. Plus its much easier to grab a falco whose not trying to get grabbed than it is to grab say...a wario whose not trying to get grabbed.

Padô

Smash Lord
Yeah thats true, but if the falco KNOWS you can do the cg, its another thing that they have to be worrying about during a match. This may lead them to use less side-B's or attack less often so they leave themselves open less often. Plus its much easier to grab a falco whose not trying to get grabbed than it is to grab say...a wario whose not trying to get grabbed.

This is so true.

By the way don't let your self dependant on the CG. Like going everytime for a grab, Falco can punish this very well so if for some reason you are having difficulties on grabbing him just start to play your "old and pacient Wario game" and wait for the perfect opportunity to grab him.

@ChainGrab

I gave my best on explaining this, I'm happy some people finally figured out how to do it consistently specially because of my explanation. After a while you have been putting the CG to work you will just brain-muscle the timing and you'll never worry about the animation again, this is what happened to me at least.

Padô

Smash Lord
Updated.

Got the pics and all the numbers, still redimensioning all the pictures but some of them are up already.

I'm trying to get this updated as soon as I can my midterm exams are on so I ain't got much time right now. :)

SAX

Smash Ace
Dude pado, Im gonna be honest with you. I learned the CG after reading YOUR explanation on it in a different thread (I forget which one). But you did a really good job of explaining it! I didnt know you had to let the control stick go back into neutral position for it to work. Thats what I had been doing wrong every single time I tried it.

And if you master the cg, a free 67ish % is definitely not overrated.
I had no idea! I hade been doing it wrong every single time as well haha! Gotta practice this asap again, thanks pado!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Here's my advice against Bowser players: When the match starts, make a deal with them. You won't infinite them if they don't infinite you. If they accept, good **** you just got a legit match. Bowser is fun to play against!

If they do not accept, avoid getting grabbed at all costs! Not the toughest thing to do, since Bowser is super easy to combo because of his sheer bulk. So easy in fact, that you may get lost in your battle lust and leave yourself open to get grabbed. Contain your rage and beware of the bog blokes!

Bowser is really quite easy to grab. Many of your hits will lead into a grab at low to mid percentages, which you can use to get Bowser to a million percent with chaingrabs. The Bowser player can Upb and disrupt you however, if you err in the ways of buffered chaingrabbing. He has an 8 frame jump also, only 1 frame slower than ours lmao xD

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
wario ***** bowser without CGs

i will never agree to a no CG match with bowser though, unless i somehow end up on FD and then only maybe

i like to make them look like the idiots they are for maining such a dumb bad uncool character when i CG them to 180% and waft on them

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
yeah jeez bowser is awesome dude. bowser 4 life.

Why wouldn't you agree to a no chaingrab match? If Wario "*****" bowser than why are you scared?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No, only you define it as such, and whoever that TO was.

I'm pretty sure Bowser's pummel > utilt (or whatever he'll kill you with) will happen faster than us chaingrabbing him till 200% (how many dthrows does that even take?). Considering the GR infinite stalling and dthrow chaingrabs not as such is kinda contradictory. Stalling rules have been set, all infinites have to stop ONCE YOU REACH 300%.

Oh definitely, that takes a looooong time. Those are the rules though, you're not the one making them.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
*infracts toobusy*

Wario's got the advantage for sure, but he doesn't **** Bowser, even with the CG.

Honestly if you're having trouble with the CG, you're better offf upthrowing Bowser. He has no good options when he's above you. I HATE being thrown upward.

I'll write up an extended writeup later--I'm on my iPhone right now.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
its like 80:20 and your empty threats dont scare me ;)

also pwneroni, i would never put myself in a less advantageous position just due to an honor code that isnt even enforced by TOs. Thats just dumb. I don't cg during friendlies (unless its falco) but once the tourney starts its play to win.

Top Bottom