• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Stages?!?

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
I recently picked up Wario and I was wondering what stages are beneficial, and what stages to possibly avoid as Wario. I want some input on this from dedicated Warios b4 I take this guy to tournament.

Little Z

Smash Rookie
I personally choose stage based on my opponent. I think Wario generally does well on most stages, so picking stages that are bad for your opponent works.
Otherwise, I like town and city for the smaller blast zones and high platforms to bite people on, but that's probably just my preference.

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
That's funny I was playing on T&C today and I got someone with chomp on a platform and I was able to net a stock because I threw them off the screen as the platform left the stage. I survived because of chomp's lack of cooldown. :p

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
This is a question more suited for the Q&A or Metagame threads (and it was discussed recently).

EDIT: I gave it some thuoght and I decided the topic warrants its own thread, so I unlocked it.

Last edited:

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Random note but I've found that I do well on stages with platforms when I'm playing opponents who can space out wario( ie shulk, Marth,Ike,jiggs). The platforms make it so you can stay close even if they are landing. I've also found that platforms help wario stay in close contact with characters who have strong landing options aswell. Up air is a good way to apply shield pressure but I feel like bite is typically the best option for opponents who are on platforms above you , opponents seem to forget wario can bite while they are on a platform lol.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
been thinking about stages again overall and i have to say that lylat is a very strong stage for wario. The low platforms allow for some serious bite action,short hop bite easily catchs opponents on the platforms and allows for some easy up airs while remaining safe below, the hieght of the platform really helps utilze his upair's disjoint.

the biggest drawback to the stage would be the fact that you cant really do a basic edgeguard setup with the bike. What i referring to is throwing the bike straight up near the ledge to limit the opponents options, this is because the slanted angle of both the ground and platforms cause it to fly off stage( other than the middle platform). Thoug h this is overall a negative aspect it does allow for some interesting mixups. the angle that it sends the bike at is actually significantly differnt than a normal stage which allows for some interesting gimps when the bike is downthrow on the edge.

Random note- Im starting to feel as though Town and City doesnt really benefit wario in anyway other than getting the occasional Upthrow kill on the high platforms because other than that, the height of the platforms kinda hinders warios bite and upair in comparison to the low platforms of lylat, battlefield and smashville. even the basic bike setup can be limited on Town because of the platforms covering overhead near the actual ledge ( though you can opt to throw the bike up to cover the roll but it takes longer to setup.

Last edited:

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
As a seasoned Wario Main, I can easily say Battlefield (and Dreamland by extent I guess) and Smashville are my picks when I'm using the good 'ol Wah

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
I think it's mostly up to your opponent's character choice and personal preference. I don't feel there's any stage wario is particularly good or bad on. I personally prefer smashville and T&C with wario. I like a mix of moving platforms and flat ground. I think it gives the most creative options to capitalize on his aerial maneuverability. But that's mostly personal preference, I don't know if there's really any merit to that theory.
For the most part I instantly ban FD against projectile heavy characters like :4rob::4villager::4megaman::4pacman: since it gives wario less ways to maneuver around the projectiles...makes it easier to zone wario out I feel. I also instantly ban BF and dreamland against characters like :4zss::4dk: that kill off the top. Wish I could also ban T&C for it's low ceiling...but as long as dreamland/BF are considered separate stages for banning you can't ban all three (BS in my opinion, they are way too similar).

You also should go duck hunt stage if you think you may end up timing your opponent out. I know that's super lame, but it's a good option against slower characters like :4dedede::4ganondorf::4robinf: who simply won't have a chance at catching wario on such a big stage should you build up a solid lead.

Last edited:

LordFreezyPops42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordFreezyPops42
Depends on the MU/what you feel comfortable with.

Duck Hunt is nice sometimes.

Top Bottom