• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
You know, jump button + special button getting wario riding the bike up in the air immediately, useful for getting the bike offstage. That bike jump.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i cant imagine why you wouldn't be able to do that on classic? I do it on wiichuck.

are you sure the classic you are using is working and is nintendo brand? some off brand controllers wont accept simultaneous inputs

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
i cant imagine why you wouldn't be able to do that on classic? I do it on wiichuck.

are you sure the classic you are using is working and is nintendo brand? some off brand controllers wont accept simultaneous inputs

Yeah. It's your average classic controller pro. I still have no idea if I'm doing something wrong or not, though, because the timing's never been this difficult on the Gamecube controller.

xzx

Smash Lord
You can either do the short bike hop or the long one. I have noted that if you are standing near the bike (within the rideable zone) without walking/running, you have to press side-b + jump input (almost) immediately after the other input to do the short bike hop (Side-B + Jump = riding the bike while Wario "jumps"). That will result in a short bike hop. It has its uses though although the other one (see below) is much better IMO.

However, the long bike jump (or the Full Hop Bike Jump) is much easier to do and is much better/safer. All you have to do is to walk/run (I prefer running, as it is much easier and "takes" you to the bike more quickly) until you are in the "rideable" zone (it doesn't matter where you start running/walking, as long as you do it). Note that as you walk/run, you are already holding the control stick in the sideways direction (aka you are making the side-b without the b) which makes it easier to bike jump. Now you have to just press the B button (almost) simultaneously as you jump (I don't know how many frames you have between the two inputs. But one thing is sure: You have to do it VERY quickly, almost immediately after the other input. However, it feels as you are doing the two inputs simultaneously.) which will result in a long bike hop.

I can perform both, and I have to say this: for beginners, try out the long bike hop. Learn how to perform the long bike jump first. It's much easier and better. The short bike hop is actually stricter and easier to mess up. But it doesn't hurt to know them both. They both have their uses, trust me! But the long bike hop is easier to learn (=my point).

Check out the Wario Technique thread for those "ATs" (there are a video by me). If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

Good luck!

PEACE7

Smash Champion
So after the getting any space animal to high percents with the chaingrab, what would be the best option? Is there any guaranteed kills? Any good setups that might work?

Tesh

Smash Hero
imo, its pretty good to try to get them off stage or if you think you can, go for the read out of dthrow

most people will be ready to buffer something if you screw up, so let them out at the end and punish the shine/spotdodge with a nice fsmash/fart

Croi

Smash Lord
If it's Wolf just fthrow for the kill, he's not that heavy and he has crap momentum cancelling. E: assuming you go all the way to 200%, of course.

For Falco, I think I'd rather end the chain with an uthrow and read from there.

LOE1

Smash Lord
so, whats wario's best option to get back onstage when ZSS is pressuring you on the ledge? She's so good at that :|

Tesh

Smash Hero
When I played this matchup alot, I'd just bike away from the stage and go over her, much easier to land against her than to get past her horizontally.

xzx

Smash Lord
Yeah, she can pressure with a lot of things. She has down-b, side-b, fair, bair and down smash. Hmm, I think you want to go as high as possible while avoiding getting close to her.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Zero Suit Samus will always be in some sort of animation, so footstooling her is next to impossible.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think he can buffer a running grab for a chaingrab. He probably gets Waft, too. D-Tilt is definitely a thing, but it's almost always best to just F-Smash for a cool 20%.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys. Last time I played larry's falco, he kept getting out of CG at like 80%. Am I doing it wrong or is larry just larry and I should just pray that I win?

xzx

Smash Lord
I think he can buffer a running grab for a chaingrab. He probably gets Waft, too. D-Tilt is definitely a thing, but it's almost always best to just F-Smash for a cool 20%.
I wanna see it! (The chain grab, waft and d-tilt.)

@Zan-: When did you start the chain grab (at which %)?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If the chaingrab is started between 53 and 72 percent, you're just doing it wrong. Larry or not, he shouldn't be getting out.

D

Deleted member

I did it at like 56% or so i got like 2-3 grabs but he rolled out im pretty sure i buffered right but i guess i didnt ;~;

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Word so running chaingrab, dtilt and waft thanks guys! Also Zan upload that shizz if you have it i wanna see as well

D

Deleted member

Yeah. I mean it definitely does get me closer to beating falcos than without cging. I just always fail after 2-3 grabs ;/ Do you think it's better for me right now to try to not get greedy for the grab and do the mu without cg since i cant do it much? Also, can you explain the mu for me reflex pls thanks :D

Tesh

Smash Hero
you can jab ness too, if you feel like trying to jab before your regrab/fsmash, but obviously jab doesnt truly combo into anything

xzx

Smash Lord
Okay! I really want to learn that grab release **** on Ness! I mean, grab release to waft, how cruel isn't that?! I bet Wario has to run in order for the waft to land? Or does he have to jump to Ness in order to land the waft?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Jumping takes seven frames and a not-full Waft takes five, so Ness will have enough time to shield it, at least. You'd have to do it in place.

As such, it might not work. That said, unless it's almost full Waft and gonna net a low-percent KO, you may as well just go for the F-Smash...

You also can't really buffer a running grab, as far as I know; you would buffer the dash and have to press Grab at the first frame available, which is unnecessarily difficult for a bit of extra distance/damage.

pikmin.org

Smash Apprentice
I thought the chaingrab on falco was from 52-73, not 53-72%? Not to be pedantic and I'm probably wrong, but are you sure on those figures?

Also, presumably the chaingrab only works when it starts from those percents due to the staling that takes place on the throw. If you down throwed falco at any point at early percents and the throw was still stale, that means you could begin a full chaingrab even earlier than 52/53%, correct?

xzx

Smash Lord
Yeah. It's about the same when jabbing Fox to an F-smash. At a certain % (I don't remember exactly which...) he will tumble and you could do an F-smash.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I thought the chaingrab on falco was from 52-73, not 53-72%? Not to be pedantic and I'm probably wrong, but are you sure on those figures?

Also, presumably the chaingrab only works when it starts from those percents due to the staling that takes place on the throw. If you down throwed falco at any point at early percents and the throw was still stale, that means you could begin a full chaingrab even earlier than 52/53%, correct?
I'm...pretty sure. Not sure if the tenths numbers affect it (like "72.4%", which the game does keep track of).

That said, a stale D-Throw would just move up the range of number. A single-staled D-Throw would just be able to start the chaingrab from something like 56-75%. The minimum percent also moves up, you see.

Top Bottom