• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How the fk do I fight Jigglypuff & Luigi
B-Air a LOT and make them come to you. Use your moves with the greatest range, and take your time. Luigi will hurt you badly if you panic, and Jigglypuff will poke at you repeatedly if you get aggressive.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How the fk do I fight Jigglypuff & Luigi
For Jiggly puff I think of her as a Wario that dies around 60%( I could be wrong with those percentages though). Luigi you gotta watch out for the priority on some of his moves. Pick your spots and you should do well if you want you can time him out. Fair and bite are pretty good. Also his recovery is predictable and very easy to punish so take full advantage of that.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
PS1 Fire CG:

So I just discovered that the right slanted one is not guarunteed on all characters. Some characters don't reach far enough to reach the wall. I know it works on MK, Snake, Marth, and Pikachu. The one on the left I can't test as accurately, because imo it has harder timing/location finding, but it works on more characters. For example, the right one won't work for Diddy, but the left one will.

For Jiggly puff I think of her as a Wario that dies around 60%( I could be wrong with those percentages though). Luigi you gotta watch out for the priority on some of his moves. Pick your spots and you should do well if you want you can time him out. Fair and bite are pretty good. Also his recovery is predictable and very easy to punish so take full advantage of that.
I actually found Luigi's recovery very hard to punish. Mostly his down B. That thing is impossible to my knowledge to really beat. If I try and gimp Luigi often they'll down B my bike and gimp myself, instead.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
PS1 Fire CG:

So I just discovered that the right slanted one is not guarunteed on all characters. Some characters don't reach far enough to reach the wall. I know it works on MK, Snake, Marth, and Pikachu. The one on the left I can't test as accurately, because imo it has harder timing/location finding, but it works on more characters. For example, the right one won't work for Diddy, but the left one will.
That's cool thanks for the update.

I actually found Luigi's recovery very hard to punish. Mostly his down B. That thing is impossible to my knowledge to really beat. If I try and gimp Luigi often they'll down B my bike and gimp myself, instead.
Luigi's down b will beat all of Wario's move if I'm not mistaken. But you can still punish it with waft and uair when the move is over.

BPx

Smash Lord
falling nair/footstool :troll: luigi when he drops low to up b, pretty much anytime he goes low to do it you should be able to gimp/punish hard. nair him during startup, or you can bike/fair/nair him when he gets to the top of his nado

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Is there a place that describes how to smash DI different character's options out of GR? Because I'm trying to learn how to quarter-circle DI and smash DI a lot of the options people have on Wario but some I can't quite figure out (I usually don't have people around to help me GR>Upsmash and practice DIing)

I've learned to smash DI Falco's spike at the edge and Sheik's Usmash already though. Wondering about D3's Upsmash and Marth's, Snake's, etc. Most of them are probably the same but a general guide of starting/ending directions for control stick and c-stick inputs would be amazingly helpful for me. Thanks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The CG involving PS1/the fire tree was already know awhile back. The underlying principles are regrabbing with a wall to your back, or regrabbing because a slant moves them in range of you. Not to discredit anyone, but there's an old video about it on Youtube that Fiction made.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
The CG involving PS1/the fire tree was already know awhile back. The underlying principles are regrabbing with a wall to your back, or regrabbing because a slant moves them in range of you. Not to discredit anyone, but there's an old video about it on Youtube that Fiction made.
I've never seen it. Nobody's ever talked about it or used it in matches (probably because it's so situational). I really just made the video so it would be more widely known. I had a feeling it was somewhat known, but until now there wasn't any proof on it. Thanks DMG.

Edit: Do you know where the vid was? I don't see it on Fiction's channel.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Is there a place that describes how to smash DI different character's options out of GR? Because I'm trying to learn how to quarter-circle DI and smash DI a lot of the options people have on Wario but some I can't quite figure out (I usually don't have people around to help me GR>Upsmash and practice DIing)

I've learned to smash DI Falco's spike at the edge and Sheik's Usmash already though. Wondering about D3's Upsmash and Marth's, Snake's, etc. Most of them are probably the same but a general guide of starting/ending directions for control stick and c-stick inputs would be amazingly helpful for me. Thanks.
How do you SDI Sheik's usmash? Like, do you mean simply surviving, or hitting the ground?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How do you SDI Sheik's usmash? Like, do you mean simply surviving, or hitting the ground?
SDI'ing the first hit down so that you're hit by the second. Sure, you take more damage, but it's better than dying at ~100%.

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Guys whats the waft timer?
MC's guide says full waft at something like 1:51
But it only takes me about 1:47 to get full waft.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I was under the impression that it's -barely- over 1:51.

Perhaps the "match start" countdown counts toward the initial Waft? That would appear to coincide with your numbers.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yes. While the announcer is counting down 3-2-1 GO!, waft is charging

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yes. While the announcer is counting down 3-2-1 GO!, waft is charging
Is that despite when Wario spawns? Say he's the fourth character to appear in a Doubles match. Would that affect the time?

I wonder if this affects fatigue for PT, too. Hmm...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Some questions now:

Does ftilt beat or trade with spaced bair?

Does clap beat dair?

Can we time fsmash on dair?

Does bike angled up trade or beat fair/bair like vs marth?

Does his nair beatout airdodge?

What % does waft kill him?Fsmash?General numbers are fine but i mean w/good(or decent)bucketbreaking.

Hmmmm i think that is all my questions after watching that.

OH yaaaa

Best neutral vs gaw?

SV/BF? Or is lylat/ps1 better?I'd imagine strike fd.

Should i worry about brinstar/rc at all?(cuz we're both good there) Which is better if i had to choose?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Some questions now:

Does ftilt beat or trade with spaced bair? No.

Does clap beat dair? If timed perfectly, practice hard or don't bother.

Can we time fsmash on dair? Yes, practice or don't bother.

Does bike angled up trade or beat fair/bair like vs marth? No, doesn't work consistently against Marth either.

Does his nair beatout airdodge? If you didn't do it while fastfalling.

What % does waft kill him?Fsmash?General numbers are fine but i mean w/good(or decent)bucketbreaking. 110% at edge for fsmash.

Hmmmm i think that is all my questions after watching that.

OH yaaaa

Best neutral vs gaw? Depends on how both players are playing the MU, especially with regards to G&W's edge game. Yoshi's worst, Lylat second worst.

SV/BF? Or is lylat/ps1 better?I'd imagine strike fd. FD is not a bad choice per se.
asdgfahs;lfkhgrwe

edit: no i didnt bother reformatting it trolol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Thanks L.C.

I'm surprised ftilt can't trade. Then again i'd imagine it'd be worth the risk(aka they didn't space it OPTIMALLY) if their at kill %. Might mess around with it.

Fsmash dair...def. practicing that.

Anyone else got neutral/and or cp advice?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
well, assuming its spaced it wont trade

unless you mean an advancing spaced bair, which could trade with ******** timing (again, cant recommend trying)

fsmashing the dair means predicting entirely how he's going to execute it :p

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'll mess around with it. See what works and doesn't. Till then i'll just avoid it in actual MM or bracket. and ask someone to help me test it so i can confirm.

Eh i'm talking about if i read the bair approach. But spaced bair. Not retreating. Kinda like them using it as a poke. Like with the tip of the turtle head.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I'll mess around with it. See what works and doesn't. Till then i'll just avoid it in actual MM or bracket. and ask someone to help me test it so i can confirm.

Eh i'm talking about if i read the bair approach. But spaced bair. Not retreating. Kinda like them using it as a poke. Like with the tip of the turtle head.
Na it's not going to trade that thing has a lot of priority. The moves you want to use ftilt against for G&W are dtilt (up angeled ftilt) and nair. I believe ftilt will clank with his smash attacks but IDK if that's worth the risk.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Haha. I'm not that dense. Thanks for the clarification though, i guess XD.

Kk i got a general idea now. Nothing to do but test.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What are some reliable ways to get damage at early percents with Wario? Most characters have some good 0-35 ish stuff, but I have a hard time so far getting damage in.

How can I work fair into combos?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
What are some reliable ways to get damage at early percents with Wario? Most characters have some good 0-35 ish stuff, but I have a hard time so far getting damage in.

How can I work fair into combos?
Read this thread it's mad old but it's a good place for you to start.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185522

Although I'll let you know now must of that stuff probably isn't legit but it should give you a starting point. Don't take what's in that thread as gospel and then play someone and then b*tch at me because it didn't work on a person.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Any tips for doing bite into dacus? I can dacus easy, but for some reason i epic fail at buffering it out of releases.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
@Tesh, you need to practice it so that you'll learn through repetition. I think I input dacus just after Wario releases the opponent.

@Iota, obviously Falco takes care of DDD, but Diddy as a whole doesn't have a problem against any of our bad MU's.

I have a question of my own: So my GF's set with Lee this past tourney went to game 5. He went ZSS the whole set, and he CP'd to Rainbow Cruise. I was stuck: I either stayed Wario and faced DDD, or go someone else and he'd go ZSS or whatever he felt comfortable with. I chose Falco and he stuck with ZSS, and beat me. I feel maybe if I picked Diddy instead, we could've gone to set 2, but I'm not sure what else I could've done other than go Diddy or MK, or try my gayest against DDD. Are there any better options for me?

bassem6

Smash Lord
@Tesh, you need to practice it so that you'll learn through repetition. I think I input dacus just after Wario releases the opponent.

@Iota, obviously Falco takes care of DDD, but Diddy as a whole doesn't have a problem against any of our bad MU's.

I have a question of my own: So my GF's set with Lee this past tourney went to game 5. He went ZSS the whole set, and he CP'd to Rainbow Cruise. I was stuck: I either stayed Wario and faced DDD, or go someone else and he'd go ZSS or whatever he felt comfortable with. I chose Falco and he stuck with ZSS, and beat me. I feel maybe if I picked Diddy instead, we could've gone to set 2, but I'm not sure what else I could've done other than go Diddy or MK, or try my gayest against DDD. Are there any better options for me?
I would say go wario and run away hard on rainbow. Or go mk. Falco's not too good on rainbow. You can always ban rainbow as well.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

How does someone CP a Wario player to RC...I am confused man seriously. You better start timing him out seriously and make him respect your camping.

BPx

Smash Lord

So I would never fight on the boat against d3, i feel like he can wall all of our approaches there better than usual(though you could sneak in with a bite, if anything)... i'm not sure if this would ever get you dq'd, but just theorycrafting i'd use the unspeakable technique to get past the boat stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NYvJJ-_Vw), then just abuse bike jump(while making sure your bike doesn't get caught on a platform on the way up(always bike right). if you're above d3, you should always have an advantage. fart when its up,and just be patient. d3 is like a boss fight, you can only screw up so many times before you get killed (or infinited or walked off)

Top Bottom