• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario main new to scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitta Andretti

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, casual player here that's been maining Wario since brawl. One thing that I was curious about is why do the hitxboes on his dair seem to defy all logic? I mean i see people getting sent every direction except downwards. Also i seem to have a problem with my neutral b getting accidentally reversed when i try to use it fast, anyone else experience this?
I was also wondering the status of Wario in the current meta, i dont see him picked much and am wondering if I should be reviving my Luigi or Villager as a pocket main.

Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere, any help would be appreciated.

Revax

Smash Cadet
NNID
Revax0
Hello, your questions have largely been answered in the Q&A Help thread in the past - please use this thread in the future.
  • D-Air has two hitboxes that send the opponent upward and downward, the one that sends the opponent at an upward angle actually has priority but it can send them downwards if the conditions are right. Watch Thereflexwonder's video for more info - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmFqGNxDpJw . I suggest subscribing and looking at his other videos also as they're very informative and show some of Wario's lesser known tricks.
  • That's called a B-Reversal. It's a very useful technique for some characters like Wario. Here's Mysmashcorner's video showing it and its variation's uses - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw1elkJwtDo
  • The meta is what your region makes of it. If you prefer using Villager/Luigi for some match-ups, go for it. The most recent patch made poking shields safer but also made attacking out of shield not as effective which is likely a slight nerf to Wario if anything, but nothing big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom