• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Warehouse Throwdown... - August 10th, 2013 - St. Cloud/St. Joseph, MN (Privately Owned Warehouse)

Bayless

Smash Cadet
Warehouse Throwdown 1
Minnesota Melee and Project M Tournament
August 10, 2013
St. Joseph/St. Cloud, Minnesota
Location: 30595 Pearl Dr #1A, Saint Joseph, MN 56374 (Privately Owned Warehouse)
Planned Events:
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles
Project: M Singles
Project: M Doubles

Schedule (subject to change)
10 AM – Venue Opens for setup
10:30 AM – Signups
11 AM – Begin Events

Cost
$5 Venue Fee
$5 Singles Entry
$5 (per person) Doubles Entry
Bring a TV Discount - $3off Venue fee. Must be CRT 12”+ Color and Sound, ect.
Bring a system + Game - $2 off Venue fee (Melee + GC/Wii or Brawl with SD Card + Wii)

Prizes:
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

Contact Info: To RSVP yourself to play, bring a setup, ect. Or any other questions, please contact Bayless at 320.266.5157 or at MikeGBayless@gmail.com

You can also RSVP on the Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/201737356649321/

Equipment Reservations / Setups
Remember: Bringing a working CRT TV will give you $3 off venue fee, and bringing a game + system will give you $2 off venue fee. (Power Strips, extension cords, ect are also appreciated!)
TVs:
1.Bayless
2.Bayless
3.Bayless
4.Bayless
5.XII
6.Green Missile
7.…
8.…
9.…
10.…
11.…
12.…
13.…
14.…
15.…
16.…
17.…
18.…
19.…
20.…

Wii/Gamecube + Melee
1.Bayless
2.XII
3.Heibel
4.Green Missile+MyPlay
5.Green Missile+MyPlay
6.Green Missile+MyPlay
7.Googs
8.Googs
9.…
10.…

Wii + Brawl + Project: M SD Card
1.Bayless
2.XII
3.Green Missile
4.Bienusa
5.…
6.…
7.…
8.…
9.…
10.…

Bayless

Smash Cadet
Melee Rules

Singles Stage List
Starters:
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpicks:
Pokemon Stadium

Stage Bans: For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban. For best of 5, no stage bans

Doubles Stage List
Starters:
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpicks:
There are no counterpick stages

Stage Bans: For Best of 3 sets, each team gets 1 stage ban. For best of 5, no stage bans

General Rules
All items set to OFF and frequency set to NONE
Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
Pause turned OFF. In the event of a pause, the offender forfeits their current stock.
Gentleman’s Clause
Standard Dave’s Stupid Rule
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and WILL NOT count.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Team Attack: ON!
Life Stealing is allowed.
If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steam a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Protip: Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start.

How to Play a Set
1.Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
2.Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage.
3.The players play the first match of the set.
4.Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5.The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
6.The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters
7.The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters
8.The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick
9.The next match is played
10.Repeat steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

General Knowledge
Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regard to the tournament environment. In other words, players are responsible for:
1.Stage List and Rule Set Familiarity
2.Venue and Entry Fees
3.Arriving on Time
4.Maintaining Personal Hygiene!
5.Controllers and Character Knowledge
6.Minimizing Whining
7.Respect for others, their belongings, and their person.

Project: M Rules

Singles Stage List
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
WarioWare

Counterpick:
Dracula’s Castle
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl
Stage Bans: Each player gets 1 stage ban, declared each time they win a game in the tournament set.

Doubles Stage List
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Warioware

Counterpicks:
Dracula’s Castle
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Yoshi’s Island: Brawl
Stage Bans: Each team gets 1 stage ban, declared each time they win a game in the tournament set.

General Rules
All items set to OFF and frequency set to NONE
Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
Input Assist set to OFF
Pause turned OFF. In the event of a pause, the offender forfeits their current stock.
Gentleman’s Clause
Standard Dave’s Stupid Rule
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and WILL NOT count.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
Team Attack: ON!
Life Stealing is allowed.

How to Play a Set
1.Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
2.Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage.
3.The players play the first match of the set.
4.Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5.The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
6.The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters
7.The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters
8.The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick
9.The next match is played
10.Repeat steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

General Knowledge
Players are responsible for their own general welfare in regard to the tournament environment. In other words, players are responsible for:
1.Stage List and Rule Set Familiarity
2.Venue and Entry Fees
3.Arriving on Time
4.Maintaining Personal Hygiene!
5.Controllers and Character Knowledge
6.Minimizing Whining
7.Respect for others, their belongings, and their person.

Green Missle

Smash Cadet
My play and I will be there. Between us we have 3 game cubes 3+ copies of the game, controllers, and I know I have a CRT tv I can bring. We also have a wii with project M running. Hope to see lots of people there!

googs

Smash Rookie
I have 3-4 who will be there. We can probably bring a pair of gamecubes plus copies of melee. Had no idea others from St. Cloud played this game. PUMPED.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is invited correct? If so I might try to make it, it would be my first tournament experience so I'm actually really excited!

*edit* Also just joined the MN smash facebook page, so awesome!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Project M 2.6 is out! Metaknight is an added character. Bayless, could you possibly add in the rules that 2.6 is being used? Just so all the attendees are on the same page.

I'll be there for Project M and possibly Melee teams.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Yeah, all the PM players I know have already switched their Wiis to 2.6. In all honesty, it doesn't really make sense to spend the next 3 weeks playing 2.6, then have to switch back to 2.5b. I'd really encourage you to have this be a 2.6 tournament.

Bayless

Smash Cadet
Hey everybody, I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone that showed up and participated. You guys have no idea how much it means to me that we were able to get 42 participants at our first ever tournament! I was literally expecting 20.

I had an AWESOME time playing, competing, and learning with you guys today and I can't wait until our next one. More announcements about the next tournament (Winter) Warehouse Throwdown 2 will be in the near future. I made a lot of new friends today and can't wait to keep smashing with you all! Please remember to join the MN Smash Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/540421182680998/ and the MN Smash Forum here: http://s6.zetaboards.com/MNSmash/index/

Let's keep growing this incredible community!

Thanks again everybody!

Bayless out.

Top Bottom