• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Want some general critiques on my ike play

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Hm. You'll have to understand if I can only offer a few points to consider; I only recently got past the 'sucky player' level of skill. That said, I see the following:

Expand your vision: Almost every time Snake did his u-smash/mortar, he either managed a positive outcome (hitting you or forcing a block which he then grabs you out of), or a neutral one (You block but aren't punished, or you're forced back slightly). At one point you dodged into a mortar round. Expanding your vision to see the whole fight, not just Ike, may help here.

Risky aerial Quick-Draws: ...At least, I THINK they are. You often edgegrab, jump, and side-B from it right into your adjacent enemy. Is this really a safe idea? I don't understand why you're doing it so often... can you please explain? I would think this could go very badly for you if they block it, but I might be wrong.

Also, on a more positive note... you do seem to have a solid grasp of Ike's aerials, which is pretty darn important.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
I don't think these are good videos to judge by because the Snake sucked *** - he fell right into Ike's bair like six times. Anybody who has fought Ike knows to get the hell away from his back. Ike's bair has horrible range, so its not difficult.

Also, the Snake was extremely offensive. An Ike's skill is measured by what he can do against extremely defensive opponents. ESPECIALLY ones like Snake.

As Ike, everything is fine and dandy until the opponent starts to camp/shieldgrab/airdodge like crazy. THATS when the fight begins.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
Since you asked for criticism...

I noticed off the bat that you're a fan of nair+full jab combo, and you're a little predictable with your aerial game. It also looked like you're not familiar with a bit of the landing lag of his bair etc, you can keep the attacks coming or even follow up with a grab, or trot into something else. You rolled often, almost every time you tried to apply pressure and you almost always let your jab combo finish - cancel a bit more. I guess it's because I have a different playstyle, but you could have been more aggressive (maybe it's me that should play more defensive, dunno).

edit: and yea as mentioned earlier, your quick draws were questionable.

Top Bottom