• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waluigi General Thread

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
You know what? I hope Waluigi never gets his own game. Being "Mr. Spin-off" is a core part of Waluigi's appeal to me, come to think of it.

In line with that, I think Waluigi staying an Assist Trophy is the best way to represent him being THE spin-off character.
Nah,Not really. That’s like saying That’s a core part of DAISY’S Appeal nowadays (Which is not btw)

And About Smash and Him being an Assist Trophy,They’ve pumped out a ton of Merch for Him,Including His own Gaming Controller,and Nintendo Themselves (Along with Masahiro Sakurai) HAVE Acknowledged the Demand and Requests for Him to be a Fighter,Sooo..it’s honestly only a matter of Time before they do eventually Include Him in a Smash Title. You never know.

And It’s NOT that Sakurai HATES Waluigi or some Baloney like that,It’s more of that He Doesn’t quite see the POTENTIAL for a Moveset.In other words..He can’t Envision Waluigi that way. But We know He and the Dev Team Did some Dives for Animations that Daisy Had in stuff like the Mario Party Games for Example for them to Replicate in Smash Ultimate.

They just need to do a DEEPER Dive for Waluigi to Pitch in things from these Games He Appears in for a Moveset. So they could then see the Potential Waluigi could bring to the Table..Smash Mods and Fangames (Like Project M or SSF2) have PROVEN enough that Waluigi could have a Solid Moveset If done right.

There’s even a Waluigi Mod in the Works for Smash Ultimate that Looks really well done and does the Character some Justice.

Attachments

Quillion

Smash Hero
Trolling/bait
Hey, Daisy along with Wario represent a very atypical time in the mainline 2D Mario games. That's more than can be said for Waluigi.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Some interesting news popped up today, what do you think?
It was about Kit from Nintendo Minute,He was worried they’d be leaking a Game or something that the Render was for.

Since then However,We Know that it was all just for that Blue and Purpleish looking Switch Lite they showed off.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
87A83BEF-1854-435C-BD8E-0B8C1C0B288F.jpeg

Hey Fellow WAAAHHH-nderful People! I’d like to Let you fellas know that I Have a Discord Server For our Purple Lanky Man of Mischief and Chaos.

You can Interact with other Fellow Waluigi Fans (Or people that just like the Character/Think He’s Cool) And Hang while you Game!

It’s really sweet and I’d be happy to Have Some of You Hop on In and Join in on the WAH-nders This Server entails.

Below I have a Link to it,Feel Free to Join at Anytime!

https://discord.gg/5ZS38n9Y :waluigirose:

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 352920
Hey Fellow WAAAHHH-nderful People! I’d like to Let you fellas know that I Have a Discord Server For our Purple Lanky Man of Mischief and Chaos.

You can Interact with other Fellow Waluigi Fans (Or people that just like the Character/Think He’s Cool) And Hang while you Game!

It’s really sweet and I’d be happy to Have Some of You Hop on In and Join in on the WAH-nders This Server entails.

Below I have a Link to it,Feel Free to Join at Anytime!

https://discord.gg/pfCVynaY :waluigirose:
I’ll join!

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
This could mean nothing, but I do wonder…

FazDude

Smash Master
I think it has more to do with said videos involving modded content than Waluigi being in them; Nintendo's been cracking down on mod showcases lately from what I understand.

Showing up completely out of nowhere after everyone thinks Ultimate is over would be fairly on-brand for Waluigi, though...

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
What I’M wonderin’ though Is Why Now of all times?
They could’ve done this Earlier and It wouldn’t have mattered in the Slightest!

But they chose to take those down NOW?

Realistically it very much likely doesn’t mean anything in the Slightest (Not even a Bonus Fighter because No.)

Pretty interesting tho how they specifically used “Super Smash Bros Ultimate” and not just “Super Smash Bros” or something.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The most it could mean is that a new Smash is in extremely early development for later in the decade - but even then I HIGHLY doubt that. 1 out of 100 chance.

Probably just Nintendo not wanting people to mod Brawl, and trying to find a way to prevent people from seeing Brawl mods that wouldn't get them the uber-poor press their scuffles with PM and P+ have given them.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
What I’M wonderin’ though Is Why Now of all times?
They could’ve done this Earlier and It wouldn’t have mattered in the Slightest!

But they chose to take those down NOW?

Realistically it very much likely doesn’t mean anything in the Slightest (Not even a Bonus Fighter because No.)

Pretty interesting tho how they specifically used “Super Smash Bros Ultimate” and not just “Super Smash Bros” or something.
Apparently it happened a day before they announce the Panda tournament. What strange timing.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
The Waluigi Battle League Icon Element for NSO is available now!! I just changed my Switch Icon to it,It’s out until the 30th So Try to get it before then if ya want it! :waluigirose:

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If Waluigi was a playable character in Mario 64 DS, I imagine his stats looking like this:
Power =:starman: (He wouldn't do much with lanky limbs)
Speed =:starman::starman::starman: (He would be the fastest character)
Jump = :starman::starman::starman: (Has the highest jump with Luigi in second)

He would have a tennis racket to hit with and deflect projectiles.

Power Flower = Elastic Power (Waluigi now has stretchy arms to grab from far distances and punch with and can launch himself.)

How to unlock: Same thing with Mario, Luigi, and Wario (Fight boss and get key, said boss for Waluigi would be Petey Piranha)

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
If Waluigi was a playable character in Mario 64 DS, I imagine his stats looking like this:
Power =:starman: (He wouldn't do much with lanky limbs)
Speed =:starman::starman::starman: (He would be the fastest character)
Jump = :starman::starman::starman: (Has the highest jump with Luigi in second)

He would have a tennis racket to hit with and deflect projectiles.

Power Flower = Elastic Power (Waluigi now has stretchy arms to grab from far distances and punch with and can launch himself.)

How to unlock: Same thing with Mario, Luigi, and Wario (Fight boss and get key, said boss for Waluigi would be Petey Piranha)
BROO PETEY WOULD HAVE FIT SO WELL FOR WALUIGI‘S BOSS.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Just yet another Reminder,I have a Waluigi Discord Server for anyone Who’s a fellow Purple Man enjoyer! Come hang out with some peeps and Have a..Dare I Say..WAAAAAH-nderful Time! :waluigirose:

Attachments

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Merry Christmas to anyone who’s (somehow) still on this Thread!
Hope you have a Good day filled with Joy,Presents,and Fun times with Your Family!
God Bless You And Happy Holidays!

Wahsabi

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I haven’t been on here for quite some time…

Anyway, a direct is gonna be happening very soon, next week soon. I expect wave 4 of the booster course pass to be shown off and maybe will get a Mario baseball game revealed.

However…I think we might be in for a few surprises in this direct…

Just so you know, we don’t have an eshop bundle of Super Smash Bros Ultimate yet. It’s the only first party game with dlc that doesn’t either. Weird.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Hello everyone! I haven’t been on here for quite some time…

Anyway, a direct is gonna be happening very soon, next week soon. I expect wave 4 of the booster course pass to be shown off and maybe will get a Mario baseball game revealed.

However…I think we might be in for a few surprises in this direct…

Just so you know, we don’t have an eshop bundle of Super Smash Bros Ultimate yet. It’s the only first party game with dlc that doesn’t either. Weird.
Yeah,Can’t wait to see what the Direct has in Store! ..Well,Anything that isn’t a Farm Simulator Game LOL

Though,I don’t think we’ll see anything Smash Ultimate Related,As much as I would’ve loved Waluigi getting in or Just Ultimate continuing to add Characters,I think The Journey has run it’s course,For now at least anyway. Smash Ultimate Deluxe could almost Certainly happen within the Next couple of Years.

Hopin’ for some Mario Party Superstars DLC tho!

Wahsabi

Smash Rookie
Yeah,Can’t wait to see what the Direct has in Store! ..Well,Anything that isn’t a Farm Simulator Game LOL

Though,I don’t think we’ll see anything Smash Ultimate Related,As much as I would’ve loved Waluigi getting in or Just Ultimate continuing to add Characters,I think The Journey has run it’s course,For now at least anyway. Smash Ultimate Deluxe could almost Certainly happen within the Next couple of Years.

Hopin’ for some Mario Party Superstars DLC tho!
I do think we’ll get some surprises in this upcoming direct.
But smash ultimate is the only first party game without a dlc bundle which is odd. Games with dlc would get a bundle after no more dlc is coming to the game.
It is possible it might get one eventually though…

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Nahh But honestly,Mario Kart 8 Wave 4 and Mario Party Superstars DLC in the Same Direct would be great.

Last edited:

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
I still think the possibility of a bonus fighter can happen. As long we don’t get an eshop bundle. :)
I’m still here to this day surprised about just HOW LONG that Webpage has been blank for.
It’s also possible they probably WERE gonna surprise us with One Last Bonus Fighter after Sora‘s reveal but then probably scrapped that idea. For what reason exactly? Who knows.

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
0FE30EEC-5B86-433C-BA12-CB3188E54963.jpeg
A Direct has in fact been confirmed to be happening Tomorrow!

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
SOOO the Wave 4 DLC released a DAY earlier than it should’ve

No Complaints here

Chocosta

Smash Apprentice
Yo Imagine saying this and then Years after File for Bankruptcy bro,Literally could not be me :waluigirose:
Unfortunately, vice got bought out so it's not happening... yet. Hopefully, that just means slow death for vice because everyone and their mother can't stand them

Also for the 2 people still around, here's something cool you gotta check and share : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuvLqvxKjRQ

flame purple

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0948-4313-0216
Unfortunately, vice got bought out so it's not happening... yet. Hopefully, that just means slow death for vice because everyone and their mother can't stand them

Also for the 2 people still around, here's something cool you gotta check and share : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuvLqvxKjRQ
Yeah that Waluigi Mod is Cleannn,There’s a couple moves I’d probably swap out for different things but other than that it looks so good!

Top Bottom