• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wallteching falcon's up B

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Is there some sort of trick I'm missing when wallteching against falcon's up B? I always seem to miss it for some reason.

I'm aware of the 20 frame window you need to tech and not clicking L or R outside of the window, and I think falcon's upB has hitlag which only has a 1 frame tech window (not sure when this actually is? is it when falcon latches onto you?) so maybe i'm accidentally clicking L or R there on accident?

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like you know how to execute the walltech. A great way to practice is on FD (or any stage really) with a level 9 G&W. He will put hitboxes out over the ledge that are easily techable and will help you get the feel for it. Remember, SDI and ASDI into the ledge helps :)
I can SDI walltech other moves, just have trouble with falcon's up b (when we're boht off stage, and i hit the wall)

Rachman

be water my friend
try to time your press with like when he releases you and just hold it then. Once I started doing that I never missed it again

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
try to time your press with like when he releases you and just hold it then. Once I started doing that I never missed it again
i will try it out. it's hard cuz i have to basically find someone that plays falcon lol.

Practice on Ganondorf's target test. His up B is similar and it's slightly harder with ganon because his hurtbox isn't as big as Falcon's
I mean when falcon upb's you. not when i'm playign as falcon/ganon

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
i will try it out. it's hard cuz i have to basically find someone that plays falcon lol.

I mean when falcon upb's you. not when i'm playign as falcon/ganon
My B lol.
Imagine the wall is the ground and you're doing an aerial instead of being in hitstun. So L-cancel it.

Top Bottom