• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wallstreet Presents: "Crewfest" MD/VA Tourney - Jan. 2, 2010 (1st event of the Year!)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255

Presents..

An MD/VA Tournament!
FIRST EVENT OF THE YEAR!

Saturday January 2, 2010
Please confirm so I know how many TV's to aquire.

Address:
10817 Tidewater TRL Suite 125
Fredericksburg VA, 22408

For Directions Click the link below and enter your Address:
Mapquest Directions

--Or Just use Google Maps--​

Banned Players:

1. Skylink
2. Sin

Confirmed Coming List:

1. Bolt
2. Karcist
3. Lil B
4. Oh.
5. Taj
6. Kadaj
7. D0N
8. Famous
9. Mattix
10. BMX
11. Forte
12. Korn
13. Pulse
14. Coney
15. Tristan Win
16. Oath/Fraud
17. NOID
18. Pink Fresh
19. Takeover
20. Sassy
21. Matador
22. K-9
23. 23%
24. Amon
25. TwentyTwo
26. Bert
27. Candy
28. Boss
29. Bonk
30. 4TheLulz
31. Tantalus
32. RedHalberd
33. Mampam
34. Lobos
35. MightyJoe
36. EEvisu
37. Omni

Tournament Events:
1. Doubles Tournament
2. Crew Battle: Wallstreet Vs Originals
3. Singles Tournament
4. Draft Crews (1st/2nd Place Winners of Singles become Captains)
6. Low Tier Tourney (If there is enough interest)

*Please Note: Once your Tourney match is complete, get up and move on. If you fail to do so I will turn off the wii and you will be removed from the station.

Possible Low Tier Tournament takes place after all Events are over.

Official Ruleset:
Alterations have been made to specific rules so be sure you read and abide by the following...
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 Minute Time Limit for Doubles and Singles.
    [*]Once your tourney match is finished, get up. Do not proceed with friendlies.
  • Stalling is banned. In case you didn't know, Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape is banned.
    [*]King Dedede's Standing Infinite/Small step is Banned.
  • Mr. Game & Watch is banned! *LOL just kidding! ;)
  • Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Winners, Losers, and Championship Finals will be set to best of 5.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Do not fight or Steal from the Venue or the people in the venue. There are camera's installed in and outside of the venue. You will be prosecuted if this rule is broken.
  • No Tolerance Rule: If you are late, you will automatically be placed into the losers bracket. This only applies if you didn't make it within 30 minutes of the expected tournament starting time, after the 30 minutes you will not be allowed to enter the event at all and the bracket will be finalized. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Neutral Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick Stages:
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
  • Norfair
  • Jungle Japes

STAGE NOTE:
Before the Match begins, and the characters are selected.. you get the choice to Ban 2 stages of your choice. Only one Starter Stage may be banned.

ALL OTHER STAGES BANNED!

Pricing:
$10.00 Venue Fee
$10.00 Singles
$20.00 Doubles ($10.00 per person)
$3-10 Crews
$1-10 Draft Crews

Schedule (Tournament Times following Brawl Doubles may change depending on attendance)

10:00am: Sage Mantis Game Gaven Opens
12:00am: Registration Opens
1:00-2:00pm: Brawl Doubles Tournament Begins!
--When Doubles end, 30-60 minute Break for Crew Battles and/or Money Matches.
3:00-4:00pm: Brawl Singles Begin! (Depending on finishing time of Doubles)
5:30-6:00pm: Crew Battles/DraftCrews
--From here on, you may choose to chill and play friendlies, money matches, or Draft Crews for as long as 3:00am! (Unless Bolt wants to close shop earlier for sleep or partying.)

Schedule Note: Get plenty of sleep people because our venue doesn't have a closing time!

Food:
Sage Mantis Game Haven is located right next to a Bloom, Fratellis, and a Subway. If you are not interested in Pizza or subs, Bloom will have anything that you desire. There is a microwave available in the venue as well incase you decide to purchase a frozen dinner. :) We also have plenty of Snacks and Drinks available in the Venue.

Wii/Controllers:

Just like any Smash Event, we must ask that you bring your own controller to play with. As for the Wii's, The first 5 players to bring a Wii/Game (all characters and stages unlocked) will have their Venue fee half off!

Televisions:

Unlike most other smash venues, we have plenty of HDTV's available, we never use those due to the lagg complaints but we have 5 Regular TV's on standby at all times. If you wish to bring your own TV to help things run faster, it would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: Game Haven has an Elite Team dedicated to playing Smash and are always looking for competition. So do our crew a favor and come show us your skill cause we could use the challenge. ;)

Sage Manits Game Haven Crew: Wall Street
- Bolt, MattX, BMX, Forte, Oath, Oh, Lykieos, 22, and Amon.
Official Crew Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225558

If you have any other questions regarding the Tournament or the Venue, feel free to contact Bolt at one of the following:

Cell Phone: (540)604-6168 (Text Preferably)
AIM Screen Name: IL Bolt LI
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/boltanion
E-Mail: Boltanion@live.com

Also, keep in mind that Sage Mantis Game Haven is an Xbox360/Ps3/PC Lan Center and regularly participates in various iGames events. If you are interested in coming down to play anything other than Smash, you are always welcome to join us!

Setup's List: 4 TV's are already available.

1. Bolt - Wii
2. Sage - Wii
3. Oh. - Wii
4. Sassy - Wii
5. Coney - Wii and Brawl+

Coney

Smash Master
is the low tier tourney singles or maybe doubles too?

if doubles, expect me and pink fresh to make a disgusting ness/lucas team

you've been warned

best ness?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
is the low tier tourney singles or maybe doubles too?

if doubles, expect me and pink fresh to make a disgusting ness/lucas team

you've been warned

best ness?
If it sparks enough interest and people are willing, we will do both singles and doubles, but of course doubles would have to come first. XD

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Why is Sin banned? :confused:

inb4poyo
It was at the request of the owner of Gamehaven. I'm not a fan of banning people, but this one is out of my hands. The reason why is not my business to put out there, but it has to do with something he was caught doing a while back.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
It was at the request of the owner of Gamehaven. I'm not a fan of banning people, but this one is out of my hands. The reason why is not my business to put out there,but it has to do with something he was caught doing a while back.

was he jackerbating?

o_Pulse_o

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely gonna be there. I can hook up a couple people with a ride if you dont live to far from me.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
I should be here bolt. Also..........

I wanna issue a challenge, I'd like to MM your entire crew (all of them) for say $5 each

Like run a gauntlet.......and post results in the thread.

Also:

D0N

Smash Ace
I can go, 2 hour drive is bearable for me without housing. That most likely means kadaj, famous, and maybe one other too...

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Wall street, magfest is this same weekend

Taj i thought you guys were headin there

I know i'll be at magfest at least on saturday and maybe friday

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Looks like I can't come =/

My first time shovelling snow in my life and my dad is b1tching me out for like an hour straight. Then he yells at how I did a ****ty job and says he's not giving me rides anymore so yeah......ugh.......

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I can go, 2 hour drive is bearable for me without housing. That most likely means kadaj, famous, and maybe one other too...
Ohhhh snap

HYPE!

@tant: I was thinking about going to magfest but I might not now. I told Nate I was going to go but I got like no money D:

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I should be here bolt. Also..........

I wanna issue a challenge, I'd like to MM your entire crew (all of them) for say $5 each

Like run a gauntlet.......and post results in the thread.
That is up to them, they can decide who they money match.. I on the other hand will decide the day of, depends on my mentality. I most likely won't, I need to focus on running the tournament and making sure **** gets done so people will actually come again. I don't know what your trying to prove but its cool, its your money.

Good **** D0N.

Looks like I can't come =/
My first time shovelling snow in my life and my dad is b1tching me out for like an hour straight. Then he yells at how I did a ****ty job and says he's not giving me rides anymore so yeah......ugh.......
Just ask to come for a Christmas present? :p

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Awesome, I'll definitely be to this...well unless another 2 feet of snow fall that day like it did for chu dats =(
Do you plan on bringing your friend to this event? :) If so what is his smash tagg so I can add him to the confirmation list?

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
I don't have anything to prove, I just want to keep improving, focusing on my individual skill.

I want to see how many people I can beat, and who in that crew is really, truly better than me.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Well I can't say I don't like the determination. It's good Stuff, I'll probably wind up Money Matching you if the tourney doesn't drive me nuts.. but I could use the practice myself.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
I mean whoever has time/wants to, I'll MM them. I know the crew battle vs originals is gonna take time, but I haven't really MM'd people since I beat up on sin all the time at woodbridge 2.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Wow Woodbridge 2? That is a while.. I'm sure someone from the crew will MM you. Just keep it clean ;) No hatred please?

Cafe, move to my neighborhood. We built 3 Igloos. XD

Top Bottom