- Jan 22, 2009
- Fredericksburg, VA
- 3DS FC
An MD/VA Tournament!
FIRST EVENT OF THE YEAR!
Saturday January 2, 2010
Please confirm so I know how many TV's to aquire.
10817 Tidewater TRL Suite 125
Fredericksburg VA, 22408
For Directions Click the link below and enter your Address:
--Or Just use Google Maps--
Confirmed Coming List:
3. Lil B
15. Tristan Win
18. Pink Fresh
1. Doubles Tournament
2. Crew Battle: Wallstreet Vs Originals
3. Singles Tournament
4. Draft Crews (1st/2nd Place Winners of Singles become Captains)
6. Low Tier Tourney (If there is enough interest)
*Please Note: Once your Tourney match is complete, get up and move on. If you fail to do so I will turn off the wii and you will be removed from the station.
Possible Low Tier Tournament takes place after all Events are over.
Alterations have been made to specific rules so be sure you read and abide by the following...
- 3 Stock
- 8 Minute Time Limit for Doubles and Singles.
[*]Once your tourney match is finished, get up. Do not proceed with friendlies.
- Stalling is banned. In case you didn't know, Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape is banned.
[*]King Dedede's Standing Infinite/Small step is Banned.
- Mr. Game & Watch is banned! *LOL just kidding!
- Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches. Winners, Losers, and Championship Finals will be set to best of 5.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Do not fight or Steal from the Venue or the people in the venue. There are camera's installed in and outside of the venue. You will be prosecuted if this rule is broken.
- No Tolerance Rule: If you are late, you will automatically be placed into the losers bracket. This only applies if you didn't make it within 30 minutes of the expected tournament starting time, after the 30 minutes you will not be allowed to enter the event at all and the bracket will be finalized. No ifs, ands, or buts.
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Delfino Plaza
- Castle Siege
- Frigate Orpheon
- Battleship Halberd
- Rainbow Cruise
- Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
- Jungle Japes
STAGE NOTE: Before the Match begins, and the characters are selected.. you get the choice to Ban 2 stages of your choice. Only one Starter Stage may be banned.
ALL OTHER STAGES BANNED!
$10.00 Venue Fee
$20.00 Doubles ($10.00 per person)
$1-10 Draft Crews
Schedule (Tournament Times following Brawl Doubles may change depending on attendance)
10:00am: Sage Mantis Game Gaven Opens
12:00am: Registration Opens
1:00-2:00pm: Brawl Doubles Tournament Begins!
--When Doubles end, 30-60 minute Break for Crew Battles and/or Money Matches.
3:00-4:00pm: Brawl Singles Begin! (Depending on finishing time of Doubles)
5:30-6:00pm: Crew Battles/DraftCrews
--From here on, you may choose to chill and play friendlies, money matches, or Draft Crews for as long as 3:00am! (Unless Bolt wants to close shop earlier for sleep or partying.)
Schedule Note: Get plenty of sleep people because our venue doesn't have a closing time!
Sage Mantis Game Haven is located right next to a Bloom, Fratellis, and a Subway. If you are not interested in Pizza or subs, Bloom will have anything that you desire. There is a microwave available in the venue as well incase you decide to purchase a frozen dinner. We also have plenty of Snacks and Drinks available in the Venue.
Just like any Smash Event, we must ask that you bring your own controller to play with. As for the Wii's, The first 5 players to bring a Wii/Game (all characters and stages unlocked) will have their Venue fee half off!
Unlike most other smash venues, we have plenty of HDTV's available, we never use those due to the lagg complaints but we have 5 Regular TV's on standby at all times. If you wish to bring your own TV to help things run faster, it would be greatly appreciated.
NOTE: Game Haven has an Elite Team dedicated to playing Smash and are always looking for competition. So do our crew a favor and come show us your skill cause we could use the challenge.
Sage Manits Game Haven Crew: Wall Street - Bolt, MattX, BMX, Forte, Oath, Oh, Lykieos, 22, and Amon.
Official Crew Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225558
If you have any other questions regarding the Tournament or the Venue, feel free to contact Bolt at one of the following:
Cell Phone: (540)604-6168 (Text Preferably)
AIM Screen Name: IL Bolt LI
Also, keep in mind that Sage Mantis Game Haven is an Xbox360/Ps3/PC Lan Center and regularly participates in various iGames events. If you are interested in coming down to play anything other than Smash, you are always welcome to join us!
Setup's List: 4 TV's are already available.
1. Bolt - Wii
2. Sage - Wii
3. Oh. - Wii
4. Sassy - Wii
5. Coney - Wii and Brawl+