• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WakuWaku Smash 1 ~ 22-24.07.11 ~ Dijon, France UPDATE

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I don't like hyping myself up. I'm not really cocky in either game. I almost never go into a really big tournament expecting to win, I just try my best and I want to make sure I can profit at it that's all.

But I will say this

I am interested in going as long as this doesn't interfere with national U.S. tournaments. I will have to double check but I do not think it does right now.

I only fly out far away like this if the tournament has both games, Brawl and Melee, and would be good sized.

With money being a big factor, that is the only way I could do it.

I'd also need you to at least double up your entree fee =/ No way I can go like this, because even if I won I'd either lose money or not make anything as it is right now.

If you guys decide to make this a 2-day event, with the other day being for Melee, then I will gladly go, and I'll be willing to return the favor if anyone here is nice enough to donate to me (you can give it to me in person after I show up if you don't trust me for some reason). I would do something like train you or team with you or something in return for your generous offer. You can PM me if you are interested in helping out, cuz in times like these I definitely need it and this is the last year I am going to take off of college to travel for smash like I did in 2010. I think this might be my only chance to visit, but I won't go if it's a bad financial move. I also am willing to train people like 100 dollars a day or 300 for a week or something if people are interested. I know most people won't donate for "no reason" which is why I'm offering at least that in return. Idk what else I could do

I hope you guys could help out, because it would be fun to go there. I enjoy traveling =)

if you would rather see ally though I could bring him there instead

lemme know guys!

flamekid

Smash Cadet
Put me down as 'Interested' please, I don't wanna lose out on a spot if I'm 100% sure I can confirm later on. xD

'Flamekid' or 'Flame' will do as a name. ^^

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Jason, I am pretty sure theres a melee tournament a week after or before in England. Maybe you could fly to it? I really want to go back to France. Loved their pizza LOL
Actually there's two big Melee events in the summer.

One is Stiiig on July 19th-26th (one entire week but happening at the same time as this one) and another is BEAST II in August 11-14th.

It's not expensive to travel within Europe.

Staco

Smash Champion
Is the sunday ending time set?
Cause on Tuesday there is some smash tourney in germany, I really want to attend.
I have to manage if I go back with the night bus sunday -> monday or use sth. other to travel on monday.

Satanpute

Smash Cadet
Is the sunday ending time set?
Cause on Tuesday there is some smash tourney in germany, I really want to attend.
I have to manage if I go back with the night bus sunday -> monday or use sth. other to travel on monday.
Yes man,Sunday ,after singles !
What time is your Bus ? ( ~11:00pm ? )

Sry everybody = ( No BBI ! =/

I can host after the tournement too, but I leave the first or second week of August !

Satanpute

Smash Cadet
Sry ! Singles are Satursday XD

before the tournement I can host 20 poeples

... after , 12 poeples max

PS : Satanpute=Satanpuuuu

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Bump with news :
-first the most important and the saddest : it's official, there will be no BBI this summer :/
-second since there are no buses on sunday you will be able to sleep at the venue on Sunday night
-third on the food side there will be sandwiches and drinks sold at the venue and on saturday we'll try to make a group pizza command in order to get maximum pizza power for a low price
-fourth the singles fee has been raised to 10€ in order to increase the cash prize. The repartition is under discussion (right now it's top 6 for singles and top 3 for doubles), if you have an idea on what would be best then let us know.

Yikarur

Smash Master
with that attendance Top8 in Singles and Top5 in Teams is the best imo.
and nice @ housing at sunday night.

NNID
Budget_Player
If anyone knows their way around transportation, a guide on how to get to Dijon from various cities (Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, etc.) as cheap as possible would be really, really nice. I have no idea how to get to Dijon from here.

Zodiark

Smash Apprentice
Interested.Not as Zodiark but as Seven

If anyone knows their way around transportation, a guide on how to get to Dijon from various cities (Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, etc.) as cheap as possible would be really, really nice. I have no idea how to get to Dijon from here.
Depending on where you live. I know you can go to Dijon with the TER(France) but I don't actually know what's going on for other countries, inquire to the society managing trains in your country.

(or take the plane if you're too far from Dijon)

Yikarur

Smash Master
I heard it's about 40€ or more from Paris to Dijon, thats really bad.

We want busses!!!! xP

Zodiark

Smash Apprentice
40€ isn't that expensive from Paris to Dijon imo. Some ppl got tickets for 20€ from Paris to Dijon but they had to take the train at 5:30am !

Top Bottom