• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wait, Ike can do that? - a Comprehensive Guide to Ike (A Work in Progress)

EmperorB-rad2kj

Smash Apprentice
Well ive done this before and it works quite well until they DI out of it. jab walking is what ive seen it called. where u do both AA jabs then right before the 3rd jab cancel with a crouch then repeat.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well ive done this before and it works quite well until they DI out of it. jab walking is what ive seen it called. where u do both AA jabs then right before the 3rd jab cancel with a crouch then repeat.
... Do you mean just jab-canceling? I've never heard it called jab walking. Combat walking is when you hold the A button down and repeatedly hit your opponent with Jab 1 when they're at a certain angle above you (most notably works on Ganondorf). What you're describing is just jab-canceling after the second Jab. In a lot of cases it's much better to cancel after the first Jab or not at all. Canceling after Jab 2 leaves a relatively big window for things like Dolphin Slash and Shuttle Loop.

:034:

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
Combat walking isn't really helpful. It's mostly for the lulz in my opinion. Unless you hold down A while someone is spotdodging to do a mini combat jab attack.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
This board feels like it just jumped back like 2 years.
I haven't even been here two years but I know how you feel.

I find it all together worthless, but that's just my opinion
I didn't just mean holding A and letting go once in awhile to repeat Jabs 1 and 2 alternately on nothing, I meant just holding A without letting go when another character is above and in front of you so that Ike hits them with Jab 1 then misses with Jab 2, then hits with Jab 1, miss with Jab 2, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JjDhS7KynU

^^^ Like that. Now obviously it's possible to DI out of but most players won't think to do so right away and if they do, they'll usually SDI in a way that causes the Jab 2 and Jab 3 to hit, so they'll have taken quite a bit of damage. I don't even know if it works on any characters other than Ganondorf but it definitely is easiest to set up on Ganondorf.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Being smart with combat walks by carefully looking at the ways the opponent is trying to escape as well as mixing it up with jab1s and predicting when an opponent who can easily aerial out will aerial out, then punishing their obviously close aerial works wonders.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I haven't even been here two years but I know how you feel.

I didn't just mean holding A and letting go once in awhile to repeat Jabs 1 and 2 alternately on nothing, I meant just holding A without letting go when another character is above and in front of you so that Ike hits them with Jab 1 then misses with Jab 2, then hits with Jab 1, miss with Jab 2, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JjDhS7KynU

^^^ Like that. Now obviously it's possible to DI out of but most players won't think to do so right away and if they do, they'll usually SDI in a way that causes the Jab 2 and Jab 3 to hit, so they'll have taken quite a bit of damage. I don't even know if it works on any characters other than Ganondorf but it definitely is easiest to set up on Ganondorf.

I know thats the thing, when are we gonna play a Ganon in a tourney? xD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
My local scene is starting to convert some people to MK but we've still got a Ganon main, a Kirby main, a Luigi main, a Marth main, a Captain Falcon main, a DK main, a ZSS main... and of course myself. The guy who won the last few tournaments mains Snake and seconds DDD and MK though.

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Just a little note about the combat walk, it could work on almost every character, except Jigglypuff and mabi some other floaties/fastfallers. I myself find it the easiest to do on Ness/Lucas, but I think it's posseble on pretty much every character.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
dont see much ganon mains like i used to :/
i see and hear from DLA sometimes but thats about it

DLA recently switched his main to MK, about a month or so ago. He went all MK the last tournament and got 5th place...

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I have a friend who is a Ganon main. We going to play each other some time next week or during the summer. Too bad, neither of us have any means to record our games, otherwise I'd be posting on video critique thread.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Can't you just go to the "rp" directory in your sd card and upload those files to like...mediafire...where someone with means to record the games could like...download them...record them...and put them on youtube?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Can't you just go to the "rp" directory in your sd card and upload those files to like...mediafire...where someone with means to record the games could like...download them...record them...and put them on youtube?
this is possible and takes only 20 minutes from uploading to sending the link to downloading

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
o_o I was trying to say its the best method CAUSE it takes only 20 minutes. transferring by wii takes 3 days at the least to confirm adding wii codes AND brawl friend codes and then transferring the file itself.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Did you miss the "." and my lack of awareness to caplitilize "t" in transfering?
I noticed those.

I also noticed that you forgot the apostrophe in it's, typed a slang form of the word because and the word and in all capitals, failed to capitalize Wii twice and Brawl once, misspelled capitalize and spelled transferring correctly twice in the first post while misspelling it in this last one. But I'm like that. I don't actually read posts for their content, I scrounge for grammatical and orthographical errors.

Top Bottom