• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wah Wah Wario MU "Cheat Sheet" UPDATED A LITTLE BIT

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Nice job Croi :) spot on! Oh you may want to include ROB on the ledge too, that is where a portion of the battling is going to be. ROB can be extremely safe on the ledge with his Nair, Fair and Uair, also obviously he is going to be shooting lasers and gyros as well. The trick is to stay near the ledge in your shield, because you can shield grab lots of ROB's stuff if he tries to land onstage with it. Do not, I repeat do not attempt to battle ROB offstage while he is on the ledge, he can **** you pretty durn hard :O

Also getting the bike out and breaking it for tires is tough against ROB. He can shoot you from across the map with his laser, so to avoid unnecessary damage you need to keep your eye on the robot and use quick attacks to break the motorcycle. :)
Just take out a bike when he is lasering you. All it'll do is make u fall of the bike as fast as u can insta-crash it :p

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Is it worth it? Nahhh that couple percent can add up, believe it or not. Could be the difference between life n death!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You said the lasers are the reason you can't get bikes out. Use the laser to your advantage to get bike out easy. He won't be able to fire another one b4 u can break it afterwards anyways. Basically all i'm saying is if he's far away enough to laser safely you can easily get a bike out and get.Tires can do hella good vs rob. And if he shoots his gyro all he's doing is giving you another item to **** him with...

Geerz

Smash Cadet
Heres some of my info on toon link

Counterpick stages: Battlefield, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise
Stages to ban: Final Destination, PS1
MU summary: Toon Link's mainly set up traps with their bombs, boomerangs, and arrows. From my experience this MU isnt very hard. Wario can manuever around TL's projectiles because of his amazing aerial prowess. Toon Link though are often ready for wario with a zair if he gets too close. I personally like to stay in between the zair and area where a bomb would explode like this diagram shows below:
__oW--/__
o represents the bomb, W is wario, -- is the zair and \ is toon link.
Toon Link is very frail and dies pretty easily. Wario can kill him with farts and fsmash's at pretty low %'s. And nair beats his upb all the time (iirc)

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I read the D3 MU and sometihng a D3 did to me the other week came up in my head. Last week a D3 infinited me by Dthrowing and pivot regrabbing. it consistently worked and I'm confident that my mashing/buffering jumps out would have gotten me out if it wasn't an infinite. Can someone confirm this and if it's true add it to the MU? it's just gonna make the MU worse -_-

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Hey. When is this getting updated? I need to find some help against the DK match up. I can't rely on just grabbing him. What should I avoid and where should I take him?

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
I need to find some help against the DK match up. I can't rely on just grabbing him. What should I avoid and where should I take him?

DK with all his gimmicks can be pretty troublesome if you dont know the MU. This is the kind of MU where both characters have to avoid getting grabbed.
Grabrelease to Up-smash kills at 80% and GR to fully charged DK punch kills around 70% if you're close to the edge.

-Dont fish for the grab. You'll just end up taking a ton of damage from HIS grab releases.
-Space really well and dont make stupid approaches. DK has big pivot grab range. He can basically wall you pretty well with Bair and pivot grabs.
-Dont rush in. Play patiently and force him to approach/make mistakes.
-DKs shield sucks. Be sure to poke it useless.
-Bite is really good against DK. Be sure to use it. You could try to mix-up Dair/Fair spacing by landing with a bite.
-DK is pretty bad on the ledge. All of his ledge-options can be punished on reaction once he has over 100%.
-Throwing your bike up and grabbing the ledge yourself when he's recovering really ***** him since his recovery is so linear.
-You could try to DACUS to punish him when he's charging his Punch. Though you shouldn't rely on this.

Due to DKs massive frame size, getting the grab shouldn't be too hard. Just dont get greedy with it.
Once you get the grab and manage to CG him to around 100% or so then you should throw him up. Juggling DK is almost as easy as juggling Rob. There isn't really much he can do once he's above you. If he airdodges, then its basically a free Waft/Uair. He might try to Dair, so watch out for that. Though you can easily punish that as well.

From neutrals your best bet would probably be Battlefield. DK hates being on platforms and the platforms help Wario with his GR problems. I would recommend taking him to RC (if its legal), Frigate or Battlefield. Ban either Yoshis or Japes.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
jebu with dat sound advice

also note that once you land a fair when he's aerial you can follow it up with dreams

invinciaerial his recovery tho dont expect to kill him with that ****

BPx

Smash Lord
eventually, this will be updated again, school just started up, and i'm fairly lazy about posting in non-social threads, lol. i'll try to update it soon <3

Top Bottom