• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WABA/USGA/SIEGE2010: OCT.2ND: $2,000 for SSF4&SSBB Tournaments: Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
It can work especially given the number of tv's that are there as long as we bring set-ups. What do y'all think?

I have no problem with FLA coming around 1 or 2 and then finishing dubz at the venue. My only concerns are this~

1. FLA~ yal nigg@s need to leave as early as possible! It would be hella unfortunate if you guys were to get lost, or not be able to get there until 3:30 . With this said, the tournament doesnt start until 6, so we could still finish most matches and get to the venue on time (we just might be cutting things a bit too close if ppl were late). I think we should send min a message with all the Dubz entrance, that way he can have a list of the entrance prior to the tournament (Singles is the main attraction here. I don't think anyone is planning on doing dubz only).

2. There will be 22 tvs, but they are also doing the SSF4 tournaments (but i guess 11 tvs are still plenty as long as ppl are playing their matches).

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
lol keep in mind

we're gona be leaving ORLANDO (i live in miami btw) at 6:30 AM saturday to get there around 1.

I need SOME sleep, gimme my five hours!

but if anyone wants to team wit gdx for sure, keep in mind that since we're gona be late, we gotta know BEFORE teams starts, IE before we even get there, so that they can add you guys to the bracket and stuff.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be filming just random **** that happens @ the tourney when I have free time lol. So, if you see some wavvy kid like approaching you w/ a cam just introduce yourself and get **** more hype. Just looking out for GA's smash scene :)

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be filming just random **** that happens @ the tourney when I have free time lol. So, if you see some wavvy kid like approaching you w/ a cam just introduce yourself and get **** more hype. Just looking out for GA's smash scene :)
I won't be "half animal" this time Miles :3

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
oh one more thing you need to add to the directions too my place. i live in jackson square apartments room 1204 ( first building to your right) 455 dekalb industrial way is the street in front of it. and i lost my key card so u guy have to park your cars in guess spots in front of the main lobby

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
@ Min: I can for sure bring wii and Brawl but the TV part has become about 75% sure as of right now so if you could just take me off the full setup list that'd be awesome because i dont wanna risk not being able to bring a TV and let anyone down :/ Thanks

2 days hype!

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Okay, just a bit of info for peops going to Siege...

If you can get to a MARTA Station there's a high chance you can get to Siege. The closest station to the Siege venue that I could find is Sandy Springs (Red/Yellow Line). However, Sandy Springs doesn't have any connecting bus routes to get to the venue. So your best bet is to get someone to pick you up at the Sandy Springs MARTA station (like 10-12 mins from the venue) OR...

You can go to doubles in the morning at Flea's place which is accessible by MARTA (almost...). Flea's place is closest to the Decatur MARTA Station (Blue/Green Line). There is a connecting bus route, the 123 N. DeKalb Mall/Belvedere Bus Route. Get off at the first stop aka the Dekalb Medical-North Decatur Center area and either get someone to pick you up or print out walking directions for yourself.

It's a 2 min drive from the bus stop to Flea's place or a 12 minute walk. The following addresses are what you can put into Google Maps in order to get directions however you wish. Once you get to Flea's you can hitch a ride to the venue most likely but you need to make sure you have a ride before hand.

Flea's Address:
455 Dekalb Industrial Way, Decatur, GA

Bus Stop Address:
Rufus Evans Dr@Sycamore Dr @33.790413,-84.285264

Decatur MARTA Station Address:
400 Church Street, Decatur, GA

Avondale MARTA Station Address:
915 Ponce De Leon Avenue Northeast, Decatur, GA

Sandy Spring's MARTA Station Address:
1101 Mount Vernon Highway, Atlanta, GA

Venue's Address:
6345 Powers Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA

I suggest leaving AT LEAST 2 hours early since MARTA is reliable but not a very fast way to travel (especially if you have to wait on the train and/or people to pick you up from the stop). Try not to get DQed people.

Hopefully this may have helped someone... at the very least it's helping me get there :) good luck everyone and I'll see you at Siege.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Go to the doubles tourney at fleas house, starts at 11 and there will probably be free play once the tourney winds down.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Well, I'm bringing a full setup, so I'm driving. Not gonna carry a Television through MARTA. Make sure to save me a parking spot.

Just to make sure the "25in < TV" is supposed to be "TV that is less than 25inches"

Kaptain

Smash Ace
So. My car buddy just ditched on me. Anyone in Athens want a ride. I'm not charging gas fare, I just think its more fun to ride with someone.

Umby

Smash Master
I now need a ride from College Park. If needed, I can take MARTA *sigh* further north. Definitely need a ride back all the way home, though.

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
I now need a ride from College Park. If needed, I can take MARTA *sigh* further north. Definitely need a ride back all the way home, though.
u can take the marta to my place. take it all the way avondale station ( blue line going towards indian creek)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
OK well i have a job interview at 10:00 AM Saturday morning so I am going to be a tad late to doubles.

scatz i will talk to you later today through aim or something to discuss our doubles situation.

BTW! Lounis extend starting time to 12:00pm. I am obviously that important more than Florida!

PB&J

Smash Hero
is there anybody who would be staying at the hotel tonight..ill be at the expo today ,tomm,and sunday , so if me and my friend can stay in somebody's hotel at least one of the days ill throw some money down, do some interviews,chill,what ever

call me if you can help or want to chill at the expo

631-484-0733

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
pleeeeease say there will he a livestream at this.

failures such as myself may not be able to attend :(

milesg2g

Smash Champion
hey guys I'm @ flea's house now who's down to come over for a small smashfest before the tourney 2mrw?

bigman40

Smash Master
pleeeeease say there will he a livestream at this.

failures such as myself may not be able to attend :(
As to my understanding, there should be a livestream provided by TGK. He's the only one that has full livestream equipment. I have a dazzle on me, but my laptop isn't strong enough to run it (and it runs on Ubuntu). I can supply people a dazzle if they have the other equipment, but that's about it.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Uh oh guys, something came up :( Mom said that she doesn't want me to go all the way there without her driving. It's a parental type thing, and she doesn't wanna pay for gas :urg:

Loljk, i'm super confirmed :bee: Found out that i'm so offline rusty, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom