• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Ebay

Smash Cadet
Alright cody on your first point about 1 out of 7 chip actually attended january and march gameclucks so he's gone to 2 out of 5 GCs/NWM. Whereas winston has not entered singles at GC since december and in the past 5 months only entered singles at NWM. I don't think that 1 out of 5 attendance cuts it vs 2 out of 5 but I understand your point.

I think there needs to be a mandatory attendance ratio to help avoid this issue.

So about the last spot, I was unaware that you just beat trent in tourney. But to explain the significance of neil and kamaji, Neil has recently beaten hyphen and kamaji has recently beaten iceman in tourney. However with your recent victory over trent I would definitely consider putting you up there.

There's clearly a recurring problem where the PR keeps getting put off and then everyone's list becomes outdated.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I can say that it discourages me from going to tournaments on the west side if the PR never gets updated. It's better to have a current PR that not everyone agrees with than one that is completely outdated.

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
Winston deserves to be on PR for now. He played hella good at nwm, but I do agree he should enter singles after we update PR especially since I see him at GC a lot recently.
I also think out of the peeps going for the bottom PR spots ndie is the one of the toughest for me. Its prolly mostly the matchup and me having off days ( johns lool) but he should get a spot over at least hyphen since all he did was beat me lol whilst ndie beat multiple peeps.

Still sorta debatable tho.

We need to update this before the summer tourneys tho so the next update is at the end of summer to measure improvements and standings.

Ebay

Smash Cadet
Winston deserves to be on PR for now. He played hella good at nwm, but I do agree he should enter singles after we update PR especially since I see him at GC a lot recently.
I also think out of the peeps going for the bottom PR spots ndie is the one of the toughest for me. Its prolly mostly the matchup and me having off days ( johns lool) but he should get a spot over at least hyphen since all he did was beat me lol whilst ndie beat multiple peeps.

Still sorta debatable tho.

We need to update this before the summer tourneys tho so the next update is at the end of summer to measure improvements and standings.
It's funny because 2 months ago I was all up for putting Winston on the PR, however so much time has passed that my view has changed. Mainly because of his lack of singles attendance. We're caught between whether or not we want to put someone who could easily rank top 5, even though he has entered singles only once in the last 5 months.

I don't think it's fair for everyone else to put him on right now if he doesn't really care about entering singles at all. We could put him on now, but what if he doesn't enter singles at GC for another 4 months. (Highly likely considering our crew had to convince him to enter singles at NWM). I would feel better about it if he at least confirms he'll be active in singles again so he could give other people a chance to play against him.

Last edited:

nDie

Smash Apprentice
1. SW
2. Bladewise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. Winston
7. The Prime
8. Oreo
9. Alien
10. nDie

There's my updated list, we need Teddy and Otto in the discussion so we can get this finished. @ Silent Wolf Silent Wolf @ BladeWise BladeWise

Ebay

Smash Cadet
Here's my updated list.

1. SW
2. Bladewise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. The Prime
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. nDie
10. Alien

Edit: 8 and 9 are debatable, could be switched either way.

Last edited:

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
It's funny because 2 months ago I was all up for putting Winston on the PR, however so much time has passed that my view has changed. Mainly because of his lack of singles attendance. We're caught between whether or not we want to put someone who could easily rank top 5, even though he has entered singles only once in the last 5 months.

I don't think it's fair for everyone else to put him on right now if he doesn't really care about entering singles at all. We could put him on now, but what if he doesn't enter singles at GC for another 4 months. (Highly likely considering our crew had to convince him to enter singles at NWM). I would feel better about it if he at least confirms he'll be active in singles again so he could give other people a chance to play against him.
For what it's worth, I agree with this. I'm probably not going to enter singles for a while, so if there's any sort of activity requirement at all, then I shouldn't be on it.

Since this **** is so far gone, I say we just discuss it and come to a conclusion and work from those lists. Ill just start from codys list:

1. SW
2. Bladewise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. The Prime
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. nDie
10. Alien

I would put hyphen above trent, unless trents done some stuff i dotn now about. as far as i can remember, hyphen beat him twice this period more recently too. btw i feel like at this point we should prob exclude some of the old ass results.

i believe alien has beaten iceman twice now recently, so he deserves to be higher. have any of you other bottom 5 contenders played alien at all? ill get him to post here.

also, im not saying you shouldnt be on the list, cody, but what did yo do to earn a spot? who did you play at majors? i know you took a pr set of chris, but so did literally everyone else.

I feel like you guys prob remember most of who you played in tourney. im gonna post the pr sets i have logged after we hear back from allen. i gotta study for an exam tomorrow lol.

Ebay

Smash Cadet
Since this **** is so far gone, I say we just discuss it and come to a conclusion and work from those lists. Ill just start from codys list:

1. SW
2. Bladewise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. The Prime
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. nDie
10. Alien

I would put hyphen above trent, unless trents done some stuff i dotn now about. as far as i can remember, hyphen beat him twice this period more recently too. btw i feel like at this point we should prob exclude some of the old *** results.
The reason I still put trent at #7 because he recently beat Andy in april, and Andy beat hyphen handily that day as well. Hyphen apparently beat Cody and Alien in the past and has beaten trent (Smash for Smiles). However he just recently lost a close set to Neil D.

i believe alien has beaten iceman twice now recently, so he deserves to be higher. have any of you other bottom 5 contenders played alien at all? ill get him to post here.
Alien just lost 2-0 to iceman at NWM, I recall allen saying it wasn't that close either (Correct me if I'm wrong about that Allen).

also, im not saying you shouldnt be on the list, cody, but what did yo do to earn a spot? who did you play at majors? i know you took a pr set of chris, but so did literally everyone else.
Cody has beaten wasabi, watofu, trent, and alien (beat alien at NWM in pools) all in tournament in the last 2 months (he beat WaTofu and Trent at the recent Olympian tourney). That is more than enough to justify a spot on the PR right now.

Last edited:
word. plus hyphen is a new recruit, so he shouldnt be bumped up all the way past trent, since we wanna stay consistent. allen did, but he also beat iceman at the gc before that. and didnt allen beat you (ebay) who beat cody at nwm? id say that makes up for his loss to cody a bit, if nothing else. some ewa tourney results may help a bit. i think we mainly need to get 9-10 figured out

cody def has a good case, but id also like to know who he lost to. and how kamaji has done these last few tourneys as well. can you two post who you beat/lost to at tourneys these last 3 months? @ Kamaji Kamaji @ nDie nDie

Last edited:

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I don't really think I'm more deserving of the 10th spot than alien, but here's my approx tourney set count with notable players in the last 3 months:

Alien (1-3)
Chip (0-2)
Iceman (1-0)
Wasabi (1-1)
Dieslow (0-1)
Bannana (1-0)

Ebay

Smash Cadet
word. plus hyphen is a new recruit, so he shouldnt be bumped up all the way past trent, since we wanna stay consistent. allen did, but he also beat iceman at the gc before that. and didnt allen beat you (ebay) who beat cody at nwm? id say that makes up for his loss to cody a bit, if nothing else. some ewa tourney results may help a bit. i think we mainly need to get 9-10 figured out
So the reason I have allen at 10 is because he hasn't beaten trent yet. (he lost a close set to trent at March GC)

Allen 2-0'd me in pools, and had a fairly close set with Cody (game 3 last stock). I did beat Cody but I'm just really good at the sheik matchup.

Last edited:

Ebay

Smash Cadet
Also, who the f is nDie? Alien would whoop his ***.
Solid Sheik from southern WA, he beat Alien in pools lol. (Although like I mentioned in my other post it went to game 3 last stock, but nDie controlled most of game 3.)

nDie

Smash Apprentice
I lost to ebay and sfat at Nwm, SW and I think Gnomeosaur (steven?) or something from oregon the gc before that and then 1-1 with chris and wasabi. Prior to that I can't remember, besides losing to hyphen like 6 months ago. I still think Allen has better overall results than me, and he's less likely to lose to worse players so I'd put him above me.

So does anyone disagree with this list so far?

1. Silentwolf
2. Baldwise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. Theprime
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. Allen

So let's look at what we have for ndie and kamaji, since they seem most eligable for that last spot. ill post when I'm not on my phone

Last edited:

Ebay

Smash Cadet

1. Silentwolf
2. Baldwise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. Theprime
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. Allen

So let's look at what we have for ndie and kamaji, since they seem most eligable for that last spot. ill post when I'm not on my phone
2. Baldwise (having no hair makes you smarter) lol

Unfortunately it seems that kamaji hasn't played enough people to make a strong case for himself (living in EWA makes it harder for him I imagine). His win over iceman is definitely impressive, however Cody is showing that he is a bit more active with somewhat similar if not slightly stronger results (beating trent, alien, wasabi very recently). Focusing on his recent wins against wasabi and alien as kamaji has recently lost to wasabi and appears to be down in set count against alien. Although we could also discuss how important is the timeline for these wins. I think for now we should put Cody up there, as we have a bit more results from him to look at.

Last edited:

Watofu

Smash Rookie

1. Silentwolf
2. Baldwise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. Theprime
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. Allen
I agree with this, with Cody at #10
I would probably also switch Evan and Andy
Though Andy doesn't go to tournaments enough and missed NWM so whatever

Last edited:

Ebay

Smash Cadet
I agree with this, with Cody at #10
I would probably also switch Evan and Andy
Though Andy doesn't go to tournaments enough and missed NWM so whatever
Evan had a decent showing at NWM (he beat noobcube, alien, purpletuce, and I think went to game 3 with foos) whereas Andy lost to trent in april so I don't think he should be moved up.

Evan lost to purpletuce I'm pretty sure. Got that yoshi d. I feel like andy just hasn't really been to anything in the last 3 or 4 months aside from that gc where he lost to trent. Correct me if I'm wrong. Plently o laundry and dinners with parents etc. Other than that I don't think icemans made a particularly strong showing these past few months, but he has been there and has held it down enough to be in that 5-6 so id prob give it to him.

I'm leaning towards cody 10.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
1. Silentwolf
2. Bladewise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. Theprime
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. Allen
10. nDie

Kinda odd to put iceman above ThePrime, since Andy might be undefeated head to head, but he skips a lot of events, including the most significant one for this pr.

For 9/10, nDie has a few good wins, but I feel that Allen should be ahead. He deserved a spot quite a long time go (ie beating Blunted), but we've been pretty slow on updating. He's also performed well at a few GG's.

So many serious contenders for PR these days. Neil, wasabi, Sness, ebay, banana, watofu, epidemique, Derek, saggy, Blake, etc

Last edited:

Ebay

Smash Cadet
1. Silentwolf
2. Bladewise
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Iceman
6. Theprime
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. Allen
10. nDie

Kinda odd to put iceman above ThePrime, since Andy might be undefeated head to head, but he skips a lot of events, including the most significant one for this pr.

For 9/10, nDie has a few good wins, but I feel that Allen should be ahead. He deserved a spot quite a long time go (ie beating Blunted), but we've been pretty slow on updating. He's also performed well at a few GG's.

So many serious contenders for PR these days. Neil, wasabi, Sness, ebay, banana, watofu, epidemique, Derek, saggy, Blake, etc
This list is good, lets get this finalized so we can start the new period!

for show. i promise ill be more on it from now on. was being weak. well update in a few monfs. ill summon toph for the pr image

Gonna update this now.

by the way, i did take the pr sets into consideration too when i voted on my list; i dont want people thinking they dont count for anything

Chip.

you know what to do
Surprised Alien isn't higher. He should be. Took me to last game last hit last BW tourney in WF ( I 3-0'd him pretty solidly afterward in GF, but still. )

Good list tho.

Chip.

you know what to do
Double post cause suck it.

If attendance is a problem you may as well take me off the list. I work every single day now between 2 jobs, no more tournaments ever till I move to Cali :glare: but PR lists are lol to me anyway. So do as you all wish. =)

Last edited:

SpruceLee

Smash Rookie
Double post cause suck it.

If attendance is a problem you may as well take me off the list. I work every single day now between 2 jobs, no more tournaments ever till I move to Cali :glare: but PR lists are lol to me anyway. So do as you all wish. =)
Damn, didn't realize you werent going to come to ANY more tourneys. It was fun playing and learning from you man!

S.NESS

Smash Rookie
Shout outs to teddy for the consideration. You guys best be ready for Hyphen and I next gc. Bout' to tear **** up.

- SNES

Ebay

Smash Cadet
Surprised Alien isn't higher. He should be. Took me to last game last hit last BW tourney in WF ( I 3-0'd him pretty solidly afterward in GF, but still. )

Good list tho.
He said he lost to hyphen in the past, and although he took a set off iceman a couple of months ago, he lost to him in their most recent set at NWM, and he lost ndie on pools too.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
PR lists are great because they encourage people to improve.

I am happy with my position but I will be passing Hyphen soon enough.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Cool to see you guys actually updated it. Iceman did beat me at NWM, I'm kinda upset about how I played, but he played really well and definitely earned the win. Unfortunately I didn't really have many relevant sets with WA. Lost to Winston(in nwm bracket) and beat Kamaji in a MM.

Edit: Lost to Ebay at the GG

Last edited:
Top Bottom