• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
I do have to say tho, no one on PR should be forfeiting unless of course they must leave for something. But jus cuz u lose to someone u think u should beat and get mad is not cool.

all I have to say is just always try ur best and no more rage quitting. its jus not cool, and nobody likes a quitter

word. i wasnt aware of who seb had been losing to, so i agree with everything halfzy said. whats your name btw? oh is that trent? just noticed the oreos in the avatar lol

so well do banana 9 and epidemique 10.

after this update im going to make sure to save all the brackets so we can do our best to make the list.

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
Yea its me oreo lol

Bringing back up tha pr pools things. I do see it being somewhat time consuming, i am also up for just a PR pride set matches. It can be done anywhere as long as we have some panelist spectating that will give honest reports. We would have to put a limit on how many times one can spam doin pr pride sets too. Im thinking maybe once a month with tha same person i.e jess can pride match me in sept next since we just did one last week.

Would u guys be down for something like that instead or like any lil rules to add?

Yea that would prob be easier. We just gotta let people know. Once we finish this pr I'm gonna post it in the wa group and post about the pr and stuff. I agree with the once a month thing too; the idea of just salty run backing it is gei cuz it just makes it way less important.

Yo did you wanna be on pr as oreo or halfzy?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yo oreo finally showing his face on the boards again

we need to hit up that Smash games venue some more

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
So far ive been to every SSG fest. So yea start showing up, theres always atleast 10 peeps there and its only once a week. Which reminds me that I dont think they set up a smash tourney for this month at all. I guess the fest have been doing so well that it slipped their mind and its kinda too late to set one up now. Guess either me or tim will talk to em about a Sept tourney towards tha end of tha month.

What I was maybe thinking if we turned some of the tuesday fest into a tourney. (maybe a bi weekly thing). 5 hrs is plenty of time for a small singles bracket, it would also influence more peeps to show, aka krynxe and tha legends up north lolol. plus theres honestly some good amount of competition that shows up between me, Neil, Gehn and Puyallup showing up, along with tha others i dont quite kno yet. I kno Tuesday may be a lil hard for a few to show up to a tourney but it starts in the evening. Its only a lil better for me cuz I cant always get Saturdays off.

nDie

Smash Apprentice
what fests? are there fests at Smash that Im not aware of?
Every tuesday 7-12, 3$. It's all over the facebook group.

And yeah I'd love to have a mini tourney during the fest, like we did at PLU / Mikes house, where I 2-0'd him so hard he can't remember it lmao.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Every tuesday 7-12, 3$. It's all over the facebook group.

And yeah I'd love to have a mini tourney during the fest, like we did at PLU / Mikes house, where I 2-0'd him so hard he can't remember it lmao.
aw shiyet son

i'll try to be there as often as i can

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
So I think we should bring up the topic of the PR updates. Its been almost 5 months since tha last update and many new up and comers have been rising along with some pr members leaving the wa scene.

Previous PR
1. da bizno
2. sir teddy
3. C!z
4. Vish
5. Da Prime
6. Oreo
7. Iceman
8. Kaostar
9. Banana
10. WaTofu

Ciz moved out of state so his spot is gone. sorrybutnotsorry lol

Word on the street says banana is taking a break from the scene so his spot should be open in my opinion. whenever he comes back hopefully he hits hard and should be able to make it back on...maybe lol

Im not sure if klines been coming to many tourneys honestly, someone double check that. Im aware he went to atleast 1 gc

anyways big points. My top PR list
1. da bizno
2. teddy
3. Vish
4. Da Prime

Those i think are concrete.

5,6,7(oreo,iceman,chip)

I think the rivalry between oreo and iceman is truly fierce. They are both close in skill lvl and show even results.
During this new pr period i think oreo ( me lol) won the last two pr pride sets but we havent seen each other in tourney this period. Oreo's recent loses to are to Big D at gc, (guess i gotta work on that ice climbers matchup lol), hyphen the top bham peach player, ( which wont happen again lol), and Cody in a PR set last month,( got Sheik'd lol). Iceman lost to Neil in a PR set im not aware of any other major loses. Off of these facts its hard to say if I should truly be moved below him, especially with my two pr sets over him.

Chip blew my mind Jan gc taking out teddy in winners and losers. That s simply unheard of. He also performs really well with victories over eggz and a few others. He cant make many tourneys tho so his results are a lil skewed to say the least. He definitely deserves a spot on pr for taking out one of WA's finest but since he has never played oreo or iceman from wat im aware of he shouldnt be placed above them yet.

So Id say
5. Oreo
6. Iceman
7. Chip

List of potential last 3 spots

Winston- Solid player, definitely a top candidate but doesnt come to many tourneys. This last gc he only entered doubles. ( not sure why). So he entered in one gc in nov or dec and placed high with his mario. def sandbaggin lol, but shows if he wanted the spot, its his.

B-Mello aka tha kid lol- I have no doubt in my mind he is the 2nd most technical smasher in WA hands down. super consistent techskill too, but techskill doesnt earn you a spot on pr. He has wins over banana and alien and maybe a few others this period. He performs at what id call a pr lvl, and with spots opening up i think he is likely to get one.

Hyphen- the peach playa popping off on the south lol. Taking sets from Cody, me, derek and Watofu. He alone is the reason why the north vs south crew battle happened. With victories like that earns the fella smash brotha a pr spot.

Neil (out the Mother F**kin Cuts)- Definitely a new uprising candidate to pr. consistently lvling up everytime i play him, taking pr sets from watofu and banana, and the big one victory against iceman. not too sure about his tourney results tho.

Watofu- solidly lvling up the same pace as neil. not too sure if he has enough results to keep him on pr this time around honestly. im not aware of any big victories he has overcome, just loses due to him being the formal 10 spot which gets heavily headhunted lol.

BigPookie- The mayor of kid town and holder of fest is getting fat lvl ups thus pulling the $20 mm victory over neil. He also has a PR victory against banana. Although he wasnt able to make many gc's, he keeps a part of the wa scene alive and should be able to make the tourneys from here on due to a job change.

Kline- he is kinda in the same spot as winston, he is at the lvl where if he truly wanted the spot he could get it, but he hasnt came to many gc's this period. needs more info

Alien-solid up and coming falcon, a formal oregon pr star now living in WA, showing good results this last gc getting 5th. not sure if he took out any big names but kudos. I think he took a set off of watofu in winners. needs more info.

Ndie (cody)- The only considerable solid sheik in WA, has been showing up to gc atleast half the time and the heavy holding grounds of the deep south fest. His win over me (oreo) in the pr set grants him into the pr candidates this period.

Its honestly hard to come up with the last bottom spots so I need ur guys input but ill throw my opinion out i guess.
Hyphen and B-mello i think should be on it. winston/kline if they just show up more lol.

so maybe
8.kline ( jus cuz)
9.hyphen
10. b-mello

If kline or winston arent gonna be on it id say
8. Hyphen
9.B-mello
10. Alien/Neil

thoughts?

Last edited:

nDie

Smash Apprentice
I don't think chip should be on PR since he only came to the one GC that I know of, even though he is godlike. Same for Winston.
My list would be something like this.
1.SW
2.Bladwise
3.Vish
4.Prime
5.Oreo
6.Ticeman
7.Kline
8.Hyphen
9.B-Mello
10.Alien
11.nDie (Obviously)

Also I think HotWasabi could be a contender for the bottom few spots.

I disagree with these lists in a few ways. I'm getting the brackets sent to me and ill post who beat who, and also who beat who in pr sets and well discuss it.

Winston, would you even wanna be ranked? You would prob be ranked lower than you should be cuz you didn't really try some of those tourneys. Its up to you

I can at least state my opinion on chip. I would put him 4th, over andy. How many tourneys he went to is les important than what he did overall. He beat teddy twice and beat shane. No one besides me has even beat shane this period, or the last one. Whether he did that over the coursse of one tourney or 3 shouldn't matter. He lives far and its reasonable for him to not show often. He's also proven himself before, so its not exactly a fresh rank either.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
^ Yes! I expect to be ranked fully based on my results. I want my Mario and Roy icons :D (and obviously Fox too in the interest of accuracy)

Also, about Chip: I agree with putting him 4th. Teddy is so solidly better than everyone below him who regularly attends that beating him in a set, let alone two, is a very strong indicator of skill.

Btw, Is there a way to easily find the GC results for this ranking period? I know Chris posts them on Facebook, but I'm not sure how to find all the relevant ones.

Last edited:

SpruceLee

Smash Rookie
I know alien took at least one set off of watofu. i thiiiinnk also a PR set/MM? im not sure about that one
anyway i think the set he took off of him in tourney ended with a falcon punch

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I can at least state my opinion on chip. I would put him 4th, over andy. How many tourneys he went to is les important than what he did overall. He beat teddy twice and beat shane. No one besides me has even beat shane this period, or the last one. Whether he did that over the coursse of one tourney or 3 shouldn't matter. He lives far and its reasonable for him to not show often. He's also proven himself before, so its not exactly a fresh rank either.
basically what i just said in facebook

it's very silly to have him even be on the pr but be ranked something like 7th

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
1. silent wolf
2. bladewise
3. vish
4. chip
5. andy

i don't play the game anymore, so i'm just going by what i feel i've seen, which isn't really that much in comparison to the rest of you guys and is also why i haven't ranked anyone below andy haha

winston why aren't you going fox and stomping some faces in tournament btw

Watofu

Smash Rookie
I should def be off the PR this time around, but don't worry this list hasnt seen the last of WAtofu lol

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
yea sry winston, i didnt know u went to 3 gc's. go fox more and wreck our pr dood lol.

and to breakdown chips spot further. since i can remember vish and chip having sets and i think chip taking them, needs confirming, he should be ranked either 3 or 4. I ranked him 7 before cuz i didnt factor in how far he lives but he still atleast makes one gc a period and pulls outstanding results.

And he is no doubt better than andy, evan and me. ive yet to play him but im sure he d stomp me lol

Last edited:

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
This last tournament I beat Neil and Big D (Who took out Hot Wasabi and sent Oreo to losers).

I have beaten Watofu in 2 PR sets and in tournament.

I BARELY lost to B-Mello in tournament.

I am 1-1 in PR sets with Iceman, and I lost to him in tournament once.

Oreo solidly beat me in MMs.

Hyphen is good and beat me a while back, I want a rematch.

Kline is free and showed up to like one tournament.

I also went to an EWA tournament and beat everyone except I lost to Chip 6-0 in Grands (he got DQed to losers). The guy is a beast.

My PR:
1. SW
2. BW
3. Vish
4. Chip
5. Winston
6. T-Iceman
7. Oreo
8. Hyphen
9. Alien
10. B-Mello

T-Iceman and Oreo are very close from what I have seen, as well as the bottom 3.

Top Bottom