• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
So, is our sixth on the pr really some fraud who was exposed by an unranked oregon yoshi player?

<3 u evan

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
bladewise! I'm just here temporarily for work, but i'll probably be traveling here for 2 weeks at a time for work every couple of months over the next year. i also dont go to tournaments anymore but i'm down to play sometimes if you guys are down

C!Z

Smash Lord
Ayo doe you gonna hafta make this again soon. C!Z on the come up for that #2. I want my fox pictured when I move up next

RareTruffle

Smash Apprentice
bladewise! I'm just here temporarily for work, but i'll probably be traveling here for 2 weeks at a time for work every couple of months over the next year. i also dont go to tournaments anymore but i'm down to play sometimes if you guys are down
Woah! Edrees! Let's hang out buddy. After brief stints in NYC I'm now planted here in Seattle. c:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
42? that's filtee

good to see otto comin down for the SoWA tourneys. I see you trying to take our money tho

so yea we should discuss this and get it done before next gc lol.

what do you guys think about shane being on? he has attended a tourney this period (NWM) and plans on going to the net gc, but has also hardly been around and is on the oregon pr which is current as well. i think we should just keep him on lol

im just gonna throw a quick list out there from what i can remember recently:

1. silent wolf
2. bladewise
3. c!z$
4. eggz
5. vish
6. theprime
7. oreo - beat iceman twice, beat jess
8. iceman - lost to oreo twice, beat jess, beat yakal I believe
9. kaostar - beat jess last gc according to him, beat seb (peach jess lost to this gc), beat ciz
10. banana - lost to seb, lost to kline, lost to iceman

im still not sure about the bottom spots for sure. itd be nice if we had brackets doe

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Shane's a homie but he's already on Oregon pr, he doesn't really need to be on WA one too. Imo it's like if NoCal had someone from SoCal on their pr just because "oh he used to be here/goes to tournaments up here sometimes"

If nothing else, you can give him an honorary mention or a decimal

3) c!z
3.5) eggz [OR]
4)vish
etc, etc and still go to 10

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Hasn't Shane been in Oregon for a while now? Maybe it only feels that way because he has been working and missed a couple tourneys?

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I mostly agree with otto's list. We should discuss whether or not we should keep Shane on any longer. If he were to regularly attend like he used to, I'd be fine with keeping him on. However, I think he's missed the past 5 or so GC's. However, he did attend NWM and Evo.

Although I'm having trouble thinking up who else would fill pr spot #10 if Shane gets removed.

We need to get chip, Kamaji, vista, xyz, and others to attend, as well as get brandondorf back.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Attending evo has nothing to do with being on WA pr. Nor does attending a national like NWM, really

That actually more supports why he shouldn't be on our pr because it shows that he's still

side note: I think smash games (venue down here in lakewood) will start hosting friendlies on a weekly basis or so relatively soon. I'll keep people posted, but I'm not really expecting people far off to go deep for some friendlies but either way we livin' down here - expect a better puff up there one of these days

it just means hes active. and NWM wasnt really a national lol. it was pretty similar to the last 2 gcs, plus a few people.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Active, but not willing to come to our regionals

And yeah, not sure what to call NWM but I figured national was most accurate since we had people fly from across the country for several of the games

nwm was like as big as our last 2 gcs. the word national means nothing, its about whether hes coming to our region or not. what went on with other games is also irrelevant. also, its not that he himself isnt willing, nobody who drives has come up to WA since nwm from oregon

..I guess we should just take shane off. Wa smash is on the come up so its ok to have some open spots I suppose.

So is there anything you disagree with on my list, teddy? I think maybe we should do my list, and then..

9. Seb (peach dude)
10. Jess

I don't think jess really beat anyone on pr/going on pr this period and he lost to seb last gc.

Edit: yo we need more panelists lool. It just looks like I'm making the list. We should get ciz to pay attention to who beats who each period lol.

Also I think pr pride sets should be limited to like, one set, no extra salty sets after. Its kinda lame and takes away from it. Or we should really start doing pr pools again. Gc has been running ok since chris has been doing it again. We could do it as melees dying down and pm starts. We should get the more linked with th fb group and try to get people to wanna be on it

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
what!? a ***** can't be in the panel no mo!?

also ill see Trent or evan for their spots lol.

pr pride sets imo should be one best of 5 or 7...no salty runbacks except for practice.

otto
teddy
ciz$
vish
andy
trent
evan
kline
jess
just leave it open or put Shane here for inactivity. I'm not opposed to seb if there is nobody else tho.

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
Kline im rdy when u r.
Still waitinng on our kat vs ninja set tho

and if i was a panelist id say let epidemique's victory his entry on to pr but not above banana. I beat that peach in tourney too last gc i went to and id say banana is stll better, but I didnt see their set and i havent played that peach beyond my tourney set so not much to go off of.

Main reason i bring this up cuz when i beat iceman first i wasnt placed above him, it was just my ticket to get on pr. I see this as the situation.

I am also on tha bandwagon for pr pools still but we should be more organized about it, as in do it at gc or even the tacoma smash games venue. we have been talking about bringing it back for over a yr now with no progress and unless we start it up soon it may be another yr of no pr pools lol

Top Bottom