• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

if it was before the one where mango was here (septembur) then it prob shouldnt count. it would slap if we had brackets

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i know that it was already decided, but i don't want the pr until i earn it, and i hadn't earned it as of this last update

we'll see how the following months go

<3

1. silent wolf
2. bladewise
3. eggz
4. vish
5. ciz
6. winston - beat jess twice and andy
7-10 theprime/iceman/banana/brandandorf

idk what andys done, but i know he lost to yakal and iceman beat yakal. brandan beat ka master and maybe some others, cant remember. jess beat meta too. im thinking maybe we should put iceman over andy

i guess winston vould be caught up in the last 5 too. it would be cool if we had brackets

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Brandan is really good. . . I think C!z gets complacent though. I definitely think Brandan should be on it. . . Especially if he develops his Fox more to cover bad gannon MUs. . . Maybe I just like the guy though, he is pretty cool.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Iceman over Winston. Brandan and Iceman are honestly a toss up. Like tied almost lol. Winston not showing up this tourney definitely affects his placing IMO. Rankings are about how well you do every tourney, not past ****. IMO 6. Brandan(just cuz I don't feel comfortable MM'n him with my terties). 7. Iceman- Hasn't showed up in a while, which matters, but he went hard this tourney. 8. Jess- Went hard this tourney, and always shows(ATTENDANCE MATTERS). 9. Winston- Beat Andy last tourney, but still needs to show EVERY tourney to keep a PR spot. 10. Mah ***** Andy. He goes hard, but didn't show how hard he can go these last couple tourneys.

winston beat jess at two different tourneys this period. im pretty sure he only missed 1 gc this period. also beat andy. i dont think it would be right putting jess over him.

C!Z

Smash Lord
That's fair. Just dislike putting people above people when they miss tourneys. **** matters IMO. Just offering my opinion.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I would like to see a PR that listed players by how well they play in tournaments, rather than grading people like elementary school attendance.

(Excuse any harsh undertones in the above. I'm just being blunt and honest)

We go off of what we can. Missing tourneys should only hurt them in the sense that they were able to prove less. How much they've done is taken into consideration, but I don't think missing tourneys, let alone 1/3 should actually hurt someones standing other than how I said.

And "past ****" counts just the same as long as its in this ranking period. Unless were sluffin and take like 5 months to update lol

:phone:

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah I kinda wrote that poorly, lol. I just feel it's important to show you can hold your own multiple times. Someone could have had an off day etc etc, but I'm not too worried about it

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Not that I have a say in anything, but I just want to throw out that remaining active and playing/entering tourneys regularly is an important part of being PR. That being said, one or two missed tournaments shouldn't be enough to question someone's placement over someone else who is arguably worse.

edit: 2000th post yay

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Check the facebook group, Winston.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4562/ssbm1v1bracket.png

I've been mulling over 6-10 and I still can't reach a list I feel confident in.

Mr. B has been tearing it up for a while, getting some good wins, but he's a new addition and he lost to Yakal (who lost to Iceman).
Iceman was on the brink of being removed, being absent for quite a while, but he performed well at GC.
Winston has a very odd mix of tournament performances, ie beating Andy & losing to Michael BluFalco a few months ago. He does have wins against Banana though.
Banana performed quite well this tournament and was previously ranked, unlike Winston and Mr. B.

Have AndyThePrime and Mr. B played in tournament?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I have a losing record vs Mike and a winning record vs Andy. Mike has historically lost to Andy overall I think, but that's a tough matchup if you don't know it.

So I guess what I'm saying is #ItCouldGoEitherWay

`dazrin

Smash Champion
It's so hard to make a pm pr out of two tournaments, lol. Imo you should wait a little while longer for more tournaments to happen imo, gimpy.

Anyways, this is the melee PR thread and detracting from the current melee pr discussion at hand is a little rude yo :p

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
im not about to make a new thread LOL

otto said we'll make a pr after gameclucks for proejct m

either way the melee scene has some interesting goings ons for the bottom half of it's pr that i'm excited to see

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
I think showing up to every GC is not mandatory, as long as you're active (go to a couple GCs atleast) during the last period that's all that should matter. Winston went to a couple GCs and went to Apex, (which shows he's dedicated and cares about the game)

6. Iceman
7. Brandandorf
8/9/10: Banana/Winston/Andy

8/9/10 are difficult.. Bananas shown the most improvement/plays the most, Winston is probably the best but the results/attendance aren't in his favor and Andy is the most seasoned/experienced/Indian.
:phone:

Top Bottom