• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Splice

Smash Hero
I leave my 4444th post here in this thread as a chivalrous tribute to skillskillfiretruck

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I've been playing Smash almost religiously since N64, but I've never tried getting competitive. Considered turning up to a Myriade event, but every time I decide against it because I can't be bothered travelling that far, that late, on a weekday. And to be honest, I think competitive Smash seems a bit intimidating at times.

BUT, I think I'm gonna try getting competitive with Smash 4. I think I've learned pretty much all I can by running, dodging an hitting things 'til they die. Hopefully I'll attend some local meetups with you guys in the following months and I can pick up some tips.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Going to the smash events is like going to church.
Myriade aint an extremely awesome place for smash tournaments, but it is what it is.
Hopefully we'll have other tournaments hosted in the future that make time and travel easier.
Anyone can host a tournament, btw! @ Vlade Vlade

A lot of people have better internet now days compared to the Brawl days, so Smash 4 online might be convenient, I'm looking forward to that.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Myriade isn't too bad a venue, sure it's not huge but entry is cheap and includes a drink and if you get knocked out early there's board games to play too. A big thing too is having the setups already there takes a big strain off the community and makes such frequent events possible, it's also about as central as it gets so I'll have no location johns.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Honestly, I think Myriade sounds like it'd be a good place to start. It sounds fairly relaxed and I don't wanna jump straight into a serious tournament (at least, not yet.) I'm happy just to battle people. I'm kind of interested to have a few matches with people who really know what they're doing so I can gauge how good I really am.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
The best way to connect with most other Perth smashers is to join the facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/563083733768259/?fref=nf

Project M is the main game played at the moment and people often meet up at the cafe/arcade Game City to play casuals where it's free, I'm sure with smash 4 demos out and some people having the Japanese release everyone will be bringing their 3DS's too most likely.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
The best way to connect with most other Perth smashers is to join the facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/563083733768259/?fref=nf

Project M is the main game played at the moment and people often meet up at the cafe/arcade Game City to play casuals where it's free, I'm sure with smash 4 demos out and some people having the Japanese release everyone will be bringing their 3DS's too most likely.
I happened to join about two weeks ago :)
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though, it's appreciated. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on goings-on through that.
I personally don't care much for PM but once Smash 4 starts to pick up I'll be more active (both on the group and, hopefully, at events.)

Pete278

Smash Lord
I wasn't aware the Perth scene needed reviving, guess I haven't been paying attention

EDIT: Oh man I only just noticed ICs and Lucas on the poster, this is the best troll this thread's seen in a while if its a troll, or really disappointing if legit

Last edited:

Jeval

Smash Rookie
Wanna play melee on dolphin with people in perth.. Im **** and want to learn if anyone wants to play? In Nollamara

Top Bottom