• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

TheLuckyLuigi

Smash Rookie
Everyone that used to play is aged 19 - 27. Also no offense but you'd probably get destroyed considering you're 11.
For the record im 12. But yeah I might get destroyed. That's why i want to be in a tournament. Because I dont know how well i would do against teens. :mariomelee: :mariomelee: :mariomelee: :mariomelee: :mariomelee: :mariomelee:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! Myself and a few others have been looking into hosting a Brawl tournament over the past few weeks, and we have finally got everything decided on! I've noticed a lot of posts with people keen for a tournament, so perhaps this is for you.

The tournament details can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/224068831050252/

We are hoping to get some of Perth's better players out to this event, and the more people attending the higher the prize pool.
So check it out :)

TheLuckyLuigi

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! Myself and a few others have been looking into hosting a Brawl tournament over the past few weeks, and we have finally got everything decided on! I've noticed a lot of posts with people keen for a tournament, so perhaps this is for you.

The tournament details can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/224068831050252/

We are hoping to get some of Perth's better players out to this event, and the more people attending the higher the prize pool.
So check it out :)
hey thx. hopefully i can attend. Is there an age restriction. Because I'm 12 and i really want to come. I think I'm pretty good but its your decision. It's nice for someone to finally host a tournament. Thx

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
<3 <3

Also Byte Nyte is holding a tournament soon (18+)

I'll try make this new one, just friday nights are one of the nights I work :p

#Alzifont
will never get to wear my red jeans and nintendo shirt again :scared: <3

hopefully new smash bros coming out will somewhat be better. brawl as ****, melee too good but old and dieing :(

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Hello friends.

I am a robotic 15 year old korean girl who will most likely be traveling to Perth in Dec~Jan, because my famiry lives there now and I was wondering if theres any meet-ups and such still actually happening, I'd love to meet you people again <3 <3

Wuvs Tiki

P.S Im probs not even going to read the replies, I was just online because a friend told me something interesting things on Smashboards.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
Any melee players still around? I'm thinking of organising some sort of melee gathering in the next couple of weeks.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sounds good Bringer, been talking to Carlos and he said he'd be keen too. I'm working most days but am usually free in the evenings. When is good for you?

Not sure if Samuel checks this but he might also be in.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
Melee players! I'm thinking melee gathering at my place on Sunday 16th, show up around 2pm. I only have one CRT, so if anyone else still has one that they can haul along that would be helpful. Anyone who's interested, let me know and I'll PM you the address, it's in Manning.
Also, you can add me on steam if you want to converse in real time - elliot_george

daaaannk

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, first post on smashboards, just starting to get into melee properly and need to find a few people to play with. I'm 16 and live in joondalup, nice to meet you guys.

Saiyan

Smash Rookie
Finally decided I might as well see how I go with this. Whether I get destroyed or not I just hope I become better, as in recent years only having one challenging opponent makes it extremely hard to improve.
I'm around the Whitfords area.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Hey man, hope you see this. There's actually going to be a Project M tournament going on at Game City today!

It'll be $10 for entry which gets you access to all the arcade and pinball machines for the day and then a further $5 if you want to enter the tournament, the best part is that the funds from the event will be going towards equipment for permanent casual setups!

Also if you're worried about missing out on your MK8 fix for the day we'll also have a setup for that on their big screen, hopefully I'll see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/468428669953824/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Vlade

Social Outcast
Finally decided I might as well see how I go with this. Whether I get destroyed or not I just hope I become better, as in recent years only having one challenging opponent makes it extremely hard to improve.
I'm around the Whitfords area.
Hey man I live in Hillarys we're super close

Saiyan

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, sorry I won't make it today, already had plans and it seems my timing was a little late haha.

Are there ever still Melee tournies in Perth?

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played Super Smash Brothers Brawl in ages, but if anyone wants to meet and just go at it I'll be up for that.
I live in Ballajura, and can drive.
I'm on that hype train for smash 4 (I'll be getting both versions), and I've been watching some Project M lately.
Just look at this Project M game- absolutely insane!
http://youtu.be/w3VQUEmsO8M?t=3m24s (starts at 3:24)

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Figures you'd be all 4 Sm4sh 4444444.

Brawl is dead here with the last tournament having I think 2 people show up, on the flip side though PM is thriving with 20-30 people at the bi-weekly tournaments and a record of 50 at the most recent standalone event.

The best place to keep up with Perth Smash at the moment is the Cafe Myriade Facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/563083733768259/

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
I spent a solid 6 hours trying to get Project M. and failed. LOL.
Cheers Hobobloke, I joined the group. I might come to standalone events. I'll just play by what I've seen, cause I've got that copy-cat jutsu. I've got Snake and Mew-two down alright.

edit- I got Project M. I used NTSC brawl disk (that I burned myself,) on my PAL wii. Loaded with Gecko OS. Project M on Sd card.

If anyone wants to play just lemme know (message on facebook (see signature) if you wish), it would be awesome if I could join a crew or something.

Last edited:

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
New guy here. I've been playing Melee and Brawl on and off for about 12 years or so, but I never learned to play competitively. With Smash 4 coming out soon I was thinking of learning though. At the very least it'd be nice to have a few more people to play against. I live in the Como area. No car, but I can generally get around easily enough as long as I know where and when I'm going ahead of time.

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Hey Petrichor, it's always good to see more people interested in competitive Smash!

Currently in Perth, the best place to find opponents and tournaments would be here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/563083733768259/

Brawl isn't very popular in Perth anymore, the community has shifted primarily towards Project M with a decent following for Melee and 64 as well.

There is actually a Project M tournament tonight in the city by the cafe that runs that Facebook group, if that interests you.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the link. Not sure about going straight into a Project M tournament. I haven't played Project M before. I'm willing to give it a shot, but I'd want some time to get a feel for it before doing anything big.

I've mostly been playing Brawl recently because it's the only one of the games I have with me, but I played a fair bit of Melee in the past so it wouldn't take much to readjust.

Edit: Ended up trying out Project M. I'm really liking it so far. I find it much easier to play than Brawl.

Last edited:

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hey guys.

Just letting you all know that, as of right now, I am actually the best smasher currently in the state.

Just FYI.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Doesn't that more reflect on everyone else's Catherine ability, that they'd be losing to someone who dies on the tutorial stage?

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've been an avid smash player my whole life and have played every game to date, including PM. I am currently living on campus and am currently in my first year of university, studying Astrophysics at Curtin. If I ever get a free moment, it'd be great to play some smash and meet some more Perth smash fans.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Hey dude, good to have you on board hope you come out for some smash. As much as it saddens me to say this, we pretty much never use this thread for organisation of smash meets so I strongly suggest you join this facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/563083733768259/

You will get regular invites to smash events and that's how Perth smashers connect nowadays.
Thanks for the link dude, I'll join now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom