• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] DI Another Day - Perth's first national major!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Now to spend all of my time practising trying to think of an atrociously bad pun to use as a Doubles team name.

earla

Smash Lord
considering attending.... wat housing options are availiable? + anyone willing to pick up from airport.

E

TheBearsFist

Smash Cadet
My house has like one spot left atm. I have enough beds for 4 people but room for more. If anyone can lend us a bed for the weekend then I can house more people.

Atm its just couch space :s

Zero

Smash Hero
Where bopped = a tiebreaker on Gamer after duress of the stream chat and a comeback from 6-1 (EDIT to 9-9) by me, *****.

The stream chat needs to repay me.

Last edited:

earla

Smash Lord
yeh paper maribro that would be neat if you could pick nicks and i up from the airport friday. and would you be able to
drop us off at the airport straight after the tournament on sunday as well?

who would be able to host nicks and i.. friday and saturday night?

Last edited:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
yeh paper maribro that would be neat if you could pick nicks and i up from the airport friday. and would you be able to
drop us off at the airport straight after the tournament on sunday as well?

who would be able to host nicks and i.. friday and saturday night?
Yeah man no worries, I can do that. Should we exchange numbers closer to the date or what?

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Currently tossing up coming to this from Sydney, and thinking I probably will. Will there be housing available? (I can bring my own bedding) And looking at booking flights, what exactly is happening on Friday? (And when should I be trying to get there by)

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Registration closes in 11 days.

Here is a tentative schedule, we should have a real one in the near future.
Friday night: PM Pools
Saturday: Melee pools, Smash 4 pools, Doubles until top 8 for all events. PM Bracket until top 8.
Sunday: Melee Bracket, Smash 4 Bracket, Doubles Finals, PM Top 8, Smash 4 Top 8, Melee Top 8.

Meredy

The Busterina
y0 guys I'm coming for this, super pumped for it. I'm looking for a Melee teammate, any takers?

earla

Smash Lord
yo i dont have paypal.

register me for smash4 singles melee singles smash4 doubles melee doubles.

teammate: nicks

is it cool if i pay you on the day?

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Just rego'd and booked flights, look out Perth!

Also it would be nice to have somewhere to stay, anyone offering housing for Friday/Saturday night?

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Just curious - is there a stream schedule? Since I assume there's just the PerthSmash stream and sometimes there's multiple events going on at the same time.

earla

Smash Lord
Yo, just a big shoutout to the Perth scene. you guys are amazing. huge thanks to Byron for housing us and Will for driving us around.

TO's did an amazing job keeping things in order. props to Chappos for leading the team to running such a successful event.

Loved the enthusiasm and warmth from both s4 and melee scenes. enjoyed chillin with all your players.. really appreciate so many guys coming up and introducing themselves.

Wasnt pleased with my performance overall but fortunately I feel VERY inspired by many of the players in perth particularly the top melee players. feelin excited about learning and the future of where i wana take my game.

Overall had a great time in perth. would highly recommend anyone to visit this scene. they've got some killer players and the people really take care of their guests.

E

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Big shoutouts to all the interstate players that came Over to DI another day. Was great meeting you all (and basically being your taxi :p) and it has really motivated me to get the cash together to make an interstate trip of my own. All of you guys were so approachable and generally lovely people so thanks for being great. <3.

May have massively under performed In smash 4 Singles but doubles and PM singles was really solid. Looking forward to my next major.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
special shoutouts to sundowns for being an amazing host! thank you!
as earl said the perth scene was super impressive in melee and pm and it was a joy meeting and playing you all.
looking forward to visiting again when healthier

Last edited:

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney guys!!! Like Earl said the tourney ran really smoothly and the whole Perth scene is super nice, I hope you guys can make it to some Melbourne tourneys.

Big thank you to Byron for housing us and Will for being our airport chauffeur.

Top Bottom