• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] DI Another Day - Perth's first national major!

Chappos

Smash Apprentice

It's been years in the making, but Perth is finally ready to go national! DI Another Day - presented to you by a collaborative effort of the Perth Smash community.

This will be a three day event featuring singles and doubles tournaments for Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Project M. We are expecting very large numbers for this event, so each singles tournament will be held in two stages. Players will compete in pools and the top (x) players of each pool will make it out of that round. Round two will be a double elimination bracket.

If you plan on attending one tournament this year, make it this one. We are expecting attendance from out of state so take this opportunity to learn from their experience - or make them learn from ours!

DATE:
August 28th/29th/30th 2015

COST:
Venue Fee: $20 per person - Required for entry
Price per singles event entry - $10 per person
Price per doubles event entry - $5 per person

All tournament entry fees go towards the pot for their respective games, with the exception of the venue fee.

VENUE:
Engineering Pavilion
Building 215, Room 100
Curtin University
Kent St, Bentley WA 6102

POT BONUSES:
Melee Singles: $250
Melee Doubles: $75
Project M Singles: $250
Project M Doubles: $75
Smash 4 Singles: $250
Smash 4 Doubles: $75

SCHEDUELE:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hpiv2twv6wS4TSQkIVrJUM-9M2pzRZ8P02z06xMbNmM/edit?usp=sharing

POOLS:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNnqD4dD2WkVWh6E7HQluM9DUWUwFRs08V0TNOpTtwA/edit#gid=0

Facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1409240029386361/

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
$50 mm, bo5 in PM, any and all perth players welcome
--> has never owned a copy of PM

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Any chance of qualifiers for this?

Now every state has a major, maybe Tasmania should step up our game.

Noied

Smash Rookie
There probably won't be qualifiers as this is all a community funded tournament we do not (at least at the moment) have any sponsors or organisations that are helping the funding.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
No one answering on Facebook so I'll ask here. Are these dates locked in? I don't want any complications when I take time off work.

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Yep, we've got the venue booked and locked in for those dates.

Sorry about not replying sooner on Facebook, it didn't notify me of a new post.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Looks about $220 return at the moment. (Really bad flight times though lol)

Dont think I can afford anything else on top of that without housing :<. Guess we'll see though...

Really wanna go though!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Looks about $220 return at the moment. (Really bad flight times though lol)

Dont think I can afford anything else on top of that without housing :<. Guess we'll see though...

Really wanna go though!
I swear it's never that cheap to fly from Perth > East, return :/

Stupid airlines

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Cheapest flights I can find arriving Friday arvo and leaving Sunday night for Melbourne are around the $275 mark. Can anyone do better?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Me and Bryce are thinking of going. Just need to figure out a hotel I guess. Any recommendations? Its hard for me to plan since I've never gone to Perth before D:

TheBearsFist

Smash Cadet
I can house 6 people or so. Its not ritz (all in one big room) but you will have a bed, blankets ect.
I live a 5 minute busride away from Curtin, near the Trainstation to the city and it costs a mere $25 via taxi from the airport to get to mine.

Anyone who needs a place to stay holla at me.

Last edited:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I might take you up on this bro. Myself and a friend needing a place to stay Tuesday and Wednesday night but we don't get in until 1am Tuesday night / Wednesday morning if that's too much of a problem for you.

TheBearsFist

Smash Cadet
I might take you up on this bro. Myself and a friend needing a place to stay Tuesday and Wednesday night but we don't get in until 1am Tuesday night / Wednesday morning if that's too much of a problem for you.
Too easy man. You have my FB so message me closer to the date and we can sort out pickup times and such

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I was wondering it is 2 hundred and watever it is dollars to fly up and then 2 hundred or so to get back down or does it cover both up and back or 2 hundred or so

I most likely not make it due to uni n stuff but I was just curious for anything in the future if i wanted to go to perth one day to compete

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Will there be a proper schedule announced for this soon and registration? Guessing its still in the works but I wouldnt mind knowing whats happening plus the rulesets :)

Pete278

Smash Lord
I'll be running a fundraiser tournament to help get any Easterners that are a bit too poor to get over the line on the 25th, so if you're interested in coming but can't afford it, let me know. I'm not expecting huge sums, so probably don't bother if you're need entire flights. Any left over money will be donated to the pot at DI Another Day.

EDIT: Link to event: https://www.facebook.com/events/942428725798147/

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I cannot attend this
90% attendance required for my uni subjects this semester is sad times

also I'm pretty terrible at PM now in patches where Mewtwo isn't flat out broken
go figure

Hope it goes very well though

Last edited:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Unfortunately Im probably gonna be a maybe at this point too.. I had a car accident a few days ago, gonna rip into my bank account. x_x If I end up getting enough money saved on the side, ill still try to attend though

Edit: Scratch that, im coming anyway lul/

BTW would anyone be able to house 4-5 victorians by any chance? :p I have to lead my children and organise everything. Just struggling because theres no info on how to get to the venue or recommended hotels :<

Last edited:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Online pre-registration is now live!

https://smash.gg/tournament/di-another-day

Pre-registration is MANDATORY, and closes the weekend before the event - allowing us time to finalize pools. Please contact us if you have any further queries!

Edit: Please note that the site does not have an option for AUD transactions, therefor the entry fees have been adjusted to mitigate this.

Costs work out to:

Venue fee: $20 AUD
All singles events: $10 AUD
All doubles events: $5 AUD

We look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited:

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
Not confident i'll even make it out of pools or anything but I will be coming probably

Top Bottom