• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

W.I.P. list of Nintendo villains ranked from least to most evil

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
King Dedede - reformed antagonist who wasn't even that evil in the first place.
Detective Carrie - arguably the protagonist, even if not, she's only taking commands.
Maxie and Archie - reformed antagonists, during their time in evil they attempted to expand land mass and the ocean respectively.
Fever, Chill and Weird - non-fatal diseases.
Waluigi - cheats at sports - typical Saturday morning prankster in the veins of **** Dastardly and Robbie Rotten.
Bowser Jr. - only taking commands from his dad. probably doesn't even realise the true nature of his father's actions.
Wario - rips off his employees, stole Mario's castle. isn't really evil as much as he is a jerk and has done some good deeds - albeit mostly for his own gain.
Jinbe - animal abuser.
N - the Syndrome of Nintendo villains - he has reasonable intentions, but goes around them in an utterly awful way. probably based on PETA.
Giovanni - Pokemon kidnapper, neglectful parent and attempted brainwasher.
Mashtooth - absorbs people's power through nasal vore (no, I'm not joking) in order to become the most powerful being in the universe.
Bowser - wants to rule over the Mushroom Kingdom and declare the unwilling Princess Peach as his bride. the repercussions of these actions are rarely if ever detailed or even implied.
King K. Rool - wants to starve the innocent Kongs just because he likes the looks of their treehouse home. after unsuccessfully stealing DK's bananas, he kidnapped DK himself for the sole purpose of revenge.
Hades - revived Medusa to distract Pit and Palutena from his goal of gathering souls by causing artificial war.
Lysandre - attempted mass genocide in order to achieve a "perfect world"
Ridley - takes pleasure in brutally murdering innocent people and creatures. not a mindless predator either - he's sapient and understands completely what he's doing.
Ganon/dorf - pursues world domination, has committed genocide upon his own followers.
Porky - turned a traumatised alien into a world destroyer, after that failed he travelled in time then started controlling the entire world just to try and destroy it for fun.

if there's anything you disagree with here or other characters you want added, feel free to say.

Last edited:

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
DJ Octavio(splatoon) between N and bowser.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Who is Jinbe? Also, why is N the only villain you listed from Pokémon? Where's Giovanni, Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre, Lusamine, and Necrozma?

Last edited:

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
N is quite the most notable/truly diabolical villain of the Pokémon series. Giovani? Just wanted power and in theory tried to undo the damage he caused. Max/Archie they had decent intentions but they didn’t understand science. Cyrus/Ghetis/lysandre/lusamine just wanted power. N was a mastermind who tried to manipulate people in to getting people to release all their Pokémon so he could be the only master.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dedede is the most evil cause once he sucked me in and walked off the stage, killing me

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
If N is ranked, than Ghetsis should be ranked as well. And frankly, he is up there with Ridley and Ganondorf as one of the most evil characters in Nintendo history.

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
Ridley and Ganon committed genocide so no, Ghetis does not deserve to be that high
You could argue that Lysander WANTED to commit genocide but he failed, thus since Ridley and Gano achieved, makes them way higher

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
Okay, I was a little too hasty when I said he was as bad as Ganon and Ridley, but I still think he is the biggest villain in Pokémon. I don’t know where I would rank him on this list though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Detective Carrie - arguably the protagonist, even if not, she's only taking commands.
Waluigi - cheats at sports - typical Saturday morning prankster in the veins of **** Dastardly and Robbie Rotten.
Bowser Jr. - only taking commands from his dad. probably doesn't even realise the true nature of his father's actions.
Wario - rips off his employees, stole Mario's castle. isn't really evil as much as he is a jerk and has done some good deeds - albeit mostly for his own gain.
Jinbe - animal abuser.
N - the Syndrome of Nintendo villains - he has reasonable intentions, but goes around them in an utterly awful way. probably based on PETA.
Bowser - wants to rule over the Mushroom Kingdom and declare the unwilling Princess Peach as his bride. the repercussions of these actions are rarely if ever detailed or even implied.
King K. Rool - wants to starve the innocent Kongs just because he likes the looks of their treehouse home. after unsuccessfully stealing DK's bananas, he kidnapped DK himself for the sole purpose of revenge.
Hades - revived Medusa to distract Pit and Palutena from his goal of gathering souls by causing artificial war.
Ridley - takes pleasure in brutally murdering innocent people and creatures. not a mindless predator either - he's sapient and understands completely what he's doing.
Ganon/dorf - pursues world domination, has committed genocide upon his own followers.
Porky - turned a traumatised alien into a world destroyer, after that failed he travelled in time then started controlling the entire world just to try and destroy it for fun.

if there's anything you disagree with here or other characters you want added, feel free to say.
Spot on.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Who is Jinbe? Also, why is N the only villain you listed from Pokémon? Where's Giovanni, Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre, Lusamine, and Necrozma?
Jinbe is the main villain of Mole Mania, a lesser known Game Boy game. anyway, I have added a few Pokemon villains, as well as Mashtooth from The Legendary Starfy. it's worth noting that I've only really used wiki articles as reference for most of these characters' villainy, so there may be a few details missing.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Where would you place Kamek, Wingo, Captain Syrup and King Boo?

Just a few additonal evil notes for Wario: He did also once try to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom woodlands with a horde of monsters and was responsible for the takeover of Sarasaland and kidnap of Daisy as Tatanga was under his command.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I know Porky is very evil, but higher than Ganondorf and Ridley? I haven't played Mother 3 (although I do know some of the important stuff) but Ridley is responsible for a lot of nasty stuff. And Calamity Ganon, he nearly caused the freaking apocalypse.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Ganondorf wants power and can kill for it if he has to.
Ridley wants power and will kill for it (also because he likes it) to send a message to his enemies.

He's definitely more evil.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know Porky is very evil, but higher than Ganondorf and Ridley? I haven't played Mother 3 (although I do know some of the important stuff) but Ridley is responsible for a lot of nasty stuff. And Calamity Ganon, he nearly caused the freaking apocalypse.
I'd say Porky is more evil yes, and it all comes down to Mother 3. Porky treats the world as his own personal playground, and its inhabitants are just toys to him, the experiments that his subordinates conduct under his command are twisted and inhuman, and it's all just for the sake of his own amusement. Calamity Ganon is more like a force of nature, and while Ridley is sadistic and absolutely makes the most out of others' suffering, he usually has a goal in mind, Porky just tries to see how bad he can make things be just for the sake of it, he's completely detached from anyone or anything else having any sort of worth, in his head the whole world is there for him to do whatever he wants with, and he has the power to do exactly that.

Of course he's a more sympathetic villain, there's a reason that he is the way he is, and we do see hints of his more sentimental side (even if it's still just about his own loneliness), so he is a more tragic character compared to someone like Ridley who has absolutely no human side to him, but at the end of the day Porky's actions are still far worse, and even when things come down to the wire, he never shows even a hint of regret or change.

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
How deep are we going here? 'cause you could go pretty far with this concept?

I'll just throw out a couple of the ones that aren't on the list
]Mario franchise:
Smithy - Super Mario RPG
The X-nauts / The shadow queen - Its kidna debatable if the shadow queen is really a villain, considering she really didn't do anything in the plot. - PM TTYD
Count bleck / Dimentio - Even if Dimentio did turn out to be the final boss, Count Bleck was still the one blowing up the multi verse - SPM
Crackletta
The shroobs
Fawful
Antasm - Mario & Luigi franchise
Yoshi games:
You already got bowser on there so that covers all the best ones :/

The shake king - Warioland
The black Jewel - Warioworld (Kinda forgettable)

Tik take tribe - DKC returns
The snowmads - DKC tropical freeze
Ghastly Kong - DKC Jungle beat (Don't think this one really counts, but its a ghost monkey so I put him in.)
F-Zero :
Black shadow - everything F-Zero (Afaik he was alot more evil in the anime)

Kid icarus:
Medusa
Hades (considering medusa kinda got overthrow as far as villains go, I'd say Hades is the only important one.)

Most of the core games have been mentioned so Ill skip to the most important spin-offs
PMD
Gengar - PMD 1 (arguably not even the antagonist)
Darkrai - PMD-EoT/D/S (The big one)
The bittercold - PMD -GtI (Giygas level)
Dark matter / Yveltal - SPMD (Also Giygas level)

Mr.Greevil - Pkmn XD gale of darkness

Detective Pikachu
Howard clifford - From the movie

Pokken
Shadow mewtwo - dont even remember what he did tbh

Insert all the movie villains here, but I wouldn't sweet it.

Andross
General Scales
Apraoids
Anglar empire

Mother brain - The brains behind Ridley
SA-X
Dark samus
The ing

Kirby is another one with a huge host of villains, I'll list the main ones
Dark mind - Kirby mirror
Queen Sectoria
President Haltmann/Star Dream
Marx
Hyness/Void termina

Dark matter and all his incarnations - if kirby had anything to a main antagonist, it's dark matter

Those are most of the main ones, I skipped a couple that I saw already mentioned. You really don't have to go and list all of them, but in case you do, here they are.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
The fact that Andross has yet to be listed is crazy to me. Andross is really twisted and irredeemable. He's also tragic and has a really detailed backstory.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well I'll go over how I'd rank the Metroid villains atm. Not including any of the bounty hunters since there's a lot about their characters that we don't know about and their actual motives are generally unknown for the most part. Of course this may change for Sylux in the future but for now we just know it doesn't like the Federation (and Samus) for some reason.

8. Metroids - Metroids act on instinct much like animals. They are dangerous but not inherently evil. While typically difficult, they can be tamed.

7. X - Much like Metroids they act on instinct, but appear to do so in a more autonomous way much like a virus. And much like a virus their purpose is to spread themselves as much as possible. However it is possible they can still show compassion as the SA-X 'saved' Samus from the Omega Metroid. However it is also possible that it was merely targeting the greater threat since Metroids are a natural enemy to the X.

6. Ing - Similar to the X, but are a sentient race. Much of the Ing hourde are capable of following orders and generating complex strategies. And have been known to generate heirarchies within the hourde. Despite this they still act upon their nature which is to spread like a virus.

5. Gorea - Nearly wiped out the Alimbic race in a devastating battle. Gorea's motives appear to be based purely on absorbing power. Appears to act in an autonomous way however with greater intelligence.

4. Mother Brain - Definition of Neutral Evil. Chozo technology and a super computer. After being manipulated by the Space Pirates' influence she ended up taking control of Zebes, the Metroids, and took command of the Space Pirates. According to the manga her motives are to act in the best interests of the galaxy, as a result she simply chose the Space Pirates as the superior life forms. Generally the same when it comes to MB from Other M.

3. The Deleter - Yes. I almost forgot he existed as well. But he's a soldier following orders, even if the orders were to murder anyone alive on the Bottle Ship, he chose to fulfill his duty rather than do what is morally right.

2. Dark Samus - Her primary directive is absorbing power. Vengeance is her secondary objective. And she almost destroyed the entire Galaxy to do so. She was once a Metroid that after much mutation and an encounter with Samus has developed to become more of a transcendent being. She has been observed to show compassion at one point. Mind you it was towards Metroids, but she still isn't completely heartless, however she is merciless towards any that get in her way and will otherwise only spare those who can be of use to her in achieving her goals.

1. Ridley - Ridley knows damn well what he's doing and enjoys it!!

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol where the **** is Wolf?

I'm curious to see where people rank him.

Imo he's around Wario's placement

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Maxie and Archie - reformed antagonists, during their time in evil they attempted to expand land mass and the ocean respectively.
Jinbe - animal abuser.
Giovanni - Pokemon kidnapper, neglectful parent and attempted brainwasher.
Mashtooth - absorbs people's power through nasal vore (no, I'm not joking) in order to become the most powerful being in the universe.
Lysandre - attempted mass genocide in order to achieve a "perfect world"

Porky should not lead the list he has understandable Motivations and a (atleast a bit) tragic Backstory He may do the most Terrible things but Ganondorf (outside of windwaker) or Dark matter are Pure evil

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Porky should not lead the list he has understandable Motivations and a (atleast a bit) tragic Backstory He may do the most Terrible things but Ganondorf (outside of windwaker) or Dark matter are Pure evil
That's kind of debatable. I would put Porky and Ridley up there with Ganondorf in terms of being just as evil. Ganondorf might be the powerful and has cause all of Hyrule millions of deaths and destruction, but that doesn't mean he's the most evil. Ridley kills for fun and Porky basically becomes Hitler in Mother 3 as the Pig Mask soldiers have similarities with the Nazis in some ways.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That's kind of debatable. I would put Porky and Ridley up there with Ganondorf in terms of being just as evil. Ganondorf might be the powerful and has cause all of Hyrule millions of deaths and destruction, but that doesn't mean he's the most evil. Ridley kills for fun and Porky basically becomes Hitler in Mother 3 as the Pig Mask soldiers have similarities with the Nazis in some ways.
But Porky isnt really that Evil He does Evil things YES hes Crazy YES but for Example he Debatebly never killed a single Human Heck he saved Claus (He wouldnt been in Danger without him but i digress) And its sorta implied that he Wants to kill Himself (or atleast that he wouldnt hate it) Also i think hes so twisted that he Actually (somewhat) thinks hes Good He does a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of Evil Stuff but i think being like Rdley or Ganon seems more inherently Evil

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
But Porky isnt really that Evil He does Evil things YES hes Crazy YES but for Example he Debatebly never killed a single Human Heck he saved Claus (He wouldnt been in Danger without him but i digress) And its sorta implied that he Wants to kill Himself (or atleast that he wouldnt hate it) Also i think hes so twisted that he Actually (somewhat) thinks hes Good He does a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of Evil Stuff but i think being like Rdley or Ganon seems more inherently Evil
How did Porky save Claus? Because I think it was the opposite. Lucas was force to fight Claus at the end because of being controlled by Porky and he lost his brother if I'm not mistaken.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
How did Porky save Claus? Because I think it was the opposite. Lucas was force to fight Claus at the end because of being controlled by Porky and he lost his brother if I'm not mistaken.
So
Claus was probably Life Threatingly Wounded after he tried to kill the Mecha drago (which is maybe Porkys Indirect Fault) so he was "SAVED" and turned into the Masked man its possible he would be Dead because he fell of a Cliff

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So
Claus was probably Life Threatingly Wounded after he tried to kill the Mecha drago (which is maybe Porkys Indirect Fault) so he was "SAVED" and turned into the Masked man its possible he would be Dead because he fell of a Cliff
Oh... I forgot about that. But still, in a spiritual sense Porky didn't save Claus.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No hes still Evil or atleast a VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG Asshole
But you can Relate to his Situation a bit More (i mean he was abused by his Parents and shunned by Ness)
I know Porky is evil I was just saying he really didn't save Claus for a good reason and more so for his own ambition.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Bowser should get bonus evil points for disowning 7 of his kids.

Top Bottom