• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcan GameBox Brawl Tournament V Results/Shoutouts -- Birmingham, AL -- April 18, 09

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
All is Brawl Tournament Results Page

Doubles -- 14 Entrants -- Bracket
1: Personally, I prefer your mom. (TheReflexWonder + Kismet2) ($196.00)
2: Donkey Kong Country (Will_ + theONEjanitor) ($56.00)
3: ShaSLAM & Mahgnittoc (ShaSLAM + Mahgnittoc) ($28.00)
4: Chic-Fil-A (Winnar + 3GOD)
5: The Dangerous Duo (DanGR + Kalm)
5: Cheap Tomatoes (Cheap + popsofctown)
7: He is Entahtainah (Nu + George)
7: xeedoc & elev8 (xeedoc + elev8)
9: Lobsters of Exuberance (HusK + Gee)
9: Team Mobile (M3T + Ryker)
9: Battle Royale (reimeii + RookDread)
9: Mouse Cabob (Cam + Spade)
13: Accidental Damage (Inguilt + DRK)
13: Team Hop (Kiki + Jamal)

Singles -- 37 Entrants -- Bracket
1: Kismet2 [Falco] ($259.00)
2: TheReflexWonder [Pokémon Trainer & Wario] ($74.00)
3: Will_ [Donkey Kong & Meta Knight] ($37.00)
4: DanGR [Meta Knight & Olimar]
5: Winnar [Snake]
5: George [Kirby]
7: M3T [Game & Watch]
7: moogle [Fox]
9: 3GOD
9: Mahgnittoc
9: Cheap
9: Cam
13: Spade
13: Kalm
13: popsofctown
13: Elev8
17: Pope
17: BrownScourge
17: reimeii
17: Nu
17: Jamal
17: theONEjanitor
17: ShaSLAM
17: General Mills

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i played like complete *** at this
and I officially need a new controller
i was messing up basic stuff like double jumps

shouts
will_: thanks for teaming, good **** 2nd place. flex and kismet are just too good.
danGR: ; _ ; good stuff at fourth
winnar/reflex: FALCON CHALLENGE
moogle: your better at every tournament, sorry I didn't give much of a challenge this time...guess it just wasn't my day.
pops: i should have banned rainbow cruise. kirby vs metaknight on RC = :-(. I think my play in the last match is the worst I've played in a while...good stuff though
george: thanks for hosting. one of the most well run tournaments i've been too
kismet: you also seem to be better at every tournament. you and reflex were nowhere near this tough a couple gameboxes ago
slam and mahg: i think we underestimated you. very good matches.

i think whats starting to happen is that everyone is starting to improve at a rapid pace right now. I need to step up so I dont get left behind.

Winnar

Smash Lord
This was super awesome :D

I'll post more later, but Reflex totally as awesome as everyone made him out to be.

P.S. Falcon challenge XD

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Good Stuff T1J. If anyone was paying attention to the stuff I was doing in doubles, you can tell I'm crazy. I was doing random combos while Slam was eating people.

t1j, you actually knocked me across the stage on Picto and i spiked Will before I returned.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
lol, I played much better than I thought I would at this tourny. I need to practice with you b'ham guys more often.

Shoutouts:

Popsofctown- It was great teaming with you, we actually each won a 1v2 in doubles. Singles were fun too, your meta was pretty sweet. They need to ban that castle siege place... ;)

Jamal - You were very fun to play with and had a great attitude throughout the match. I loved the 65% combo too lol. The rematch with your CF was hilarious, nicely spaced. good games. :laugh:

PoPe - I probably played with you the most, we had at least 15 matches. They def got me warmed up and helped me play better throughout the tourny, I rarely play living people lol. It was funny seeing you at the math tournament two/three weeks ago too. :)

Mahg- Your diddy is extremely annoying lol. I spent the entire match trying to figure out how to render bananas useless, or at least less annoying. You did some great banana combos and such. I'll try to see if I can learn some anti-diddy peach tactics, just for you. :psycho:

Will_ - really fun match, I loved playing your Donkey Kong. Counter-picking pit was kinda weird though lol. I really want to play your meta, I rarely play any metas and really need the practice (even if i get *****). :urg:

Moogle - I though I had you that first game =( You're spacing is really sweet, but luckily for me, fox in general has a pretty simple play-style, so I may find ways around you next time ;). Or maybe not... :laugh:

Shaslam - I loved your wario, it was the first I had ever played. And you said i was the first peach you ever played lol. Well, at least we are gaining experience for future tournaments. :bee:

More later, i got stuff to do.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used MK only once in singles, and I lost it. Just pointing that out.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Reflex- Remember Me!!!! You're amazing!!!
Elev8 - Fun casuals and doubles. That missed 9 on pokemon stadium was so epic. My ability to go to the next tournament has fallen into more questionable light :( I'll try to keep you posted. I forgot your real name by the way cause you told it to me at ten o clock at night. I'll just stick with elevate.
Cheap Peach- Amazing teaming with you. We both played pretty amazingly. I was very impressed by your ability to respond to "Recovery help" with a downair off stage, that can be tough to arrange. You are the best taunter at smash period. Lalalalalaaaa. I'd really like to see you pick up a Marth counter and practice Brawl more extensively, you could go very far.
George- I can always count on George to own me. Apparently I can't always count on him to incorporate some flashy hammer kills.... it's ok jk good games.
Moogle- Your matches are so fun to watch, oh so fun.

@Tournament results- How are the rankings figured, because they don't quite make sense. Several people tied for seventeenth, several tied for 13th, i'm listed as tying for 13th. It seems to me like the lowest ranking listed would have to be the worst you could do: lose first two matches, never win a game. Then the second worst possible listing would be the second worst thing you could do, which is win one match, and then lose 2 (in any order). And it seems like someone who won two matches would be above those people. But i won 2 matches and i have the second worst possible listing, even though i can describe two different levels of worse possible performance (winning one match and winning zero matches)
I could be totally wrong in my logic and the rankings may be entirely correct, all that it would take to satisfy me is an explanation I can wrap my mind around and say "Oh, ok, this is why the rankings look the way they do."

If the explanation is that people who got a bye get higher rankings i might not be so happy though..

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Just looking at the brackets, I'm amazed at how many PR people DanGR had to play. T1J, Elev8, Moogle, George, then Will. And that's if you overlook his bracket match with Kismet... bravo Dan for getting so far.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well, that's what it is.
for example, Kalm only one won match, but he is tied for 13th with you because he received a bye.

that's just what happens sometimes. the only way to even out pools at this tournament was to make the brackets have byes
otherwise we would have to do something like 4 pools of nine people where only top four made it out...which considering how many decent people (and people in general) were there would have been kind of unfair

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
for example, Kalm only one won match,
Are you serious, I only played three matches in brackets??

Good God, I was even worse off than I thought, by the time I got to M3T I felt like I had played half a dozen competitive bracket matches. Now that I think back on it I can't remember anything easily.

I guess I'll explain everything when I right my synopsis, expected to be shorter than the GG one. I really tore myself up at this tournament though, I called into work today and told them I was going to be 2 hours late, and then just didn't show up.

That-is-bad.

I'm going to have to step back and re-evaluate my approach to the brawl competitive scene because my life has shown risk of suffering now.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Maybe I should have called will before deciding to sleep in, I thought he had a team lined up with Jeorge.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
cheap watch this for anti diddy ideas
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=96B6225A440B2F39&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=wsfv5QH9ljk
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=96B6225A440B2F39&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=l25WgJcstm8

although i dont know if my diddy is as good as mahg's
but basic strat, float moar. diddy is groundbased, so if you are are not on the ground a lot, diddy has very few options
Hmm, i really cant compare you and him. He played quite defensively while you play rather aggressively. Nice diddy though lol.

Also, looking back I did much better than I thought, I only lost three tourny matches (including pools), Reflex, Mahg, and Moogle. I had no byes either. :)

I think I may stop going to out of state melee tournaments to go to brawl tournaments. :embarrass

Sorry Meleeee!!! *cries*

_Keno_

Smash Lord
wat how do you play defensively with diddy
spam bananas and peanuts, and when im finally knocked to the ground by one of them, banana combo me.

Of course, i forgot this was brawl and that I could just nair through everything, so i just tried to dodge... =( I wont make that mistake again.

Winnar

Smash Lord
The Falcon Challenge ShaSLAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-XTz8RYqEU

The Falcon Challenge Reimeii
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YCLa1yDEhA

These were really fun, maybe next tournament we can try to get more people to do this

Sorry I couldnt record more, but i only had one set of batteries and could only hold a few at a time
Yay! Thank you so much for recording these. Don't worry about not being able to record more, I'm just glad some of it got recorded :D

Also shout outs to come when I don't have a ton of homework :O

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeh ill post shouts wen my internet comes back on... its down and im using my friends right now and he needs me to show him how to beat megaman....

but MAHG WE ARE THE STANKY LEG!

j00t

Smash Champion
Hmm, i really cant compare you and him. He played quite defensively while you play rather aggressively. Nice diddy though lol.

Also, looking back I did much better than I thought, I only lost three tourny matches (including pools), Reflex, Mahg, and Moogle. I had no byes either. :)

I think I may stop going to out of state melee tournaments to go to brawl tournaments. :embarrass

Sorry Meleeee!!! *cries*
*shakes head in discontent*

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Thnx to elev8 for having to team with me.

Nu, for putting up with my lucas and others in friendly teams.

Reflex for saving the lava combos on my Wii.

George for the tourney

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ok here we go.

Kalm for basically teaching me everything i know. and for riding with me and stuff. it was fun.
danGR for taking my money
Reimii for being cool
Mahg for being cool and my partner
Publix for having a crappy alarm system so it didnt go off when i stole a box of cookies
Janitor and Will_ for probably the best double matches ill ever play
Winnar for the falcon challenge amost other fun ideas his brain is always coming up with
Pika Cam for not killing me when i consistanly call him Pika Cam instead of Cam.

there is more im sure. i gotta think of them later.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Are you serious, I only played three matches in brackets??

Good God, I was even worse off than I thought, by the time I got to M3T I felt like I had played half a dozen competitive bracket matches. Now that I think back on it I can't remember anything easily.

I guess I'll explain everything when I right my synopsis, expected to be shorter than the GG one. I really tore myself up at this tournament though, I called into work today and told them I was going to be 2 hours late, and then just didn't show up.

That-is-bad.

I'm going to have to step back and re-evaluate my approach to the brawl competitive scene because my life has shown risk of suffering now.
You totally got the most kills on the falcon challenge, though.

And that's more awesome than anything, am i rite?

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
Ok, Shoutouts. Sorry if I forget anybody.

Spade- Thanks for teaming with me. We almost got past Cheap and Pops. If only we knew Luigi's Mansion was banned!

3GOD- Wow, just wow. I've never had that close a match in my life. Sorry about spamming tjolt, but I had to pressure you and get damage up because of the stalling. GGs.

Reflex- Amazing PT, just as I suspected. I hope to play you in tournament again sometime.

Kismet- I really need to work on timing my dair to get out of your cg. Nice matches and congrats on winning the tournament.

Will- It was fun riding with you. I probably seemed delusional on the way back because I was half asleep. I saw you go all out in your matches with Reflex, and I think you really represented Huntsville well. Also, fun team matches. I can't believe I actually thought I could take you and T1J by myself once Spade died XD

Janitor- I never got to play you but in team matches. You were really great working with Will. I'm surprised we didn't get owned worse than we did. Oh, and sorry for confusing you for someone else. I've met you before VGB; I don't know why I thought you were this guy I met in Antioch (not the Antioch you went to, but the one before it).

Elev8- I had never met you before this tournament. You are probably the first person I've met that is upbeat the whole time. Also, **** that's a good Yoshi. Best in the country? *crosses fingers* Anyways, friendlies were intense. I hope to play you in Tuscaloosa.

Winnar- I saw you play singles, and I'm really glad I didn't have to face you in a bracket match. You did awesome, and I hope you don't give up Snake any time soon.

DanGR- I was rooting for you man. Well, I was rooting for you except in the match where you played me. I am not CPing Jungle Japes anymore. I sincerely hope you don't give up Olimar. Even when Metaknight had a better matchup against Kirby, you still did better with Oli. What does that tell you? You're Olimar skills are amazing. Way to represent Madison!

Pops- Stop beating me in friendlies. Here's another asterisk *

Reimeii- I was impressed with your Pikachu. I'm glad there is another electric mouse doing well at tourneys. I was also very nervous when you pulled out that beam sword on our final match. I was like "Awww, heck no!" GGs

George- Thanks for hosting the best tournament I have ever been to. No joke.

Moogle- I saw you with that other Pikachu!!! I'm the only pika that's allowed to get 3-stocked by your Fox!!!!!!

Mahgnittoc- I can't remember if I got to play you in friendlies or not. I think you were teamed with Reimeii in one friendly. Yeah, you were Ness I think. Good matches. I saw you playing against Cheap. Good stuff.

BrownScourge- I'm still recovering from the fact that I lost to a Bowser twice. I don't know how you do it.

PoPe- Way to get out of pools. They grow up so fast T.T

LdBrn- I'm glad you had fun at your first Brawl tournament. Hopefully, there will be many more in your future. You get better and better each day. I'm amazed at your progress sometimes.

DRK- Sorry you got grounded for being late. I shouldn't have suggested that you could stay and get a ride with us.

Ingulit- I saw those awesome Diddy shennanigans. I've said it once and I'll say it again: that barrel lock was sexy.

Cheap- I don't know that I played you at all in singles, but you're a very friendly guy to hang around with at the tournament. I did hear gossip that your Peach was bawlin'

Top Bottom