• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vulcan GameBox Brawl Tournament IV Results/Shoutouts - Dec. 6, 2008 - Birmingham, AL

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Doubles Results (Bracket)
1: Inside the Belly of a Platinum Dragon (Kismet2 + TheReflexWonder) ($112.00)
2: It Doesn't Matter, It's Brawl (Moogle + Will_) ($32.00)
3: Combos in BARLW (theONEjanitor + George) ($16.00)
4: ... (Cheap + Reimeii)
5: 3GOD & Mahgnittoc (3GOD + Mahgnittoc)
5: Meatknights Are Weeaboos (majist + j00t)
7: Team We Heart George and Will_, but George Moreso than Will_ (nu + ezlo)
7: Timbrowolves (shaSLAM + skiz)

Singles Results (Bracket) - 21 entrants total
1: Will_ ($147.00) (Meta Knight)
2: Kismet2 ($42.00) (Falco)
3: Moogle ($21.00) (Fox)
4: George (Kirby)
5: Mahgnittoc (Diddy Kong)
5: Mo (Meta Knight)
7: TheReflexWonder (Wario/Pokémon Trainer)
7: J00t (Ganondorf/Wario)
9: 3GOD
9: Pr0t0
9: nu
9: Kola
13: reimeii
13: majist
13: Cheap
13: Desmo

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Will_: You may have lost your second match, but you beasted all the way through the gauntlet that was losers' bracket. I think every game you played today had the potential to be a finals match. I'll see if I can get videos up within the next couple of days.

Moogle: Your fox is a beast, taking out Reflex. Also, the first time I've ever seen someone grab a fart and not take any damage. Broken. 64 was too fun. Every tournament needs it.

Mahgnittoc: Triple Rocket Barrel Spike what? Why isn't that shit on tape?

Mo: Thanks for killing me off the top at 27%. I've never felt more secure about my character. Good stuff beating Will_.

j00t: Way to rep Ganondorf. Good stuff beating Kola too.

Kola: We had a match that game down to the wire, but it didn't even matter in the end because of some mis-reports. Great Pit, though. I can't hit you!

Cheap: This might be only your second Barlw tournament, but you're already really good. Keep working on it. That Peach is nasty.

nu: Your R.O.B. is getting pretty good. I already think he's better than your Lucas. Keep playing him.

ezlo: You'll make it out of pools one day. My best advice is to stick to one character. Once you start overcoming your character's weaknesses, your game is really going to come together.

Reflex: It's always infintely better when you're at a tournament. Your Wario and Pokémon Trainer are ridiculous. Let's start having 64 tournaments, yeah?

Kismet2: That Falco is dangerous. Let's see it at some more tournaments, okay? :D

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
Mahgnittoc: Triple Rocket Barrel Spike what? Why isn't that **** on tape?
I thinik I told this to j00t earlier when he saw me barrel spike someone while they were hanging on the ledge, DIDDY DOES WHATEVER HE WANTS TOO.

I was lulzy after my match with Will_. GG Will_. My johns were all in good fun.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Way to represent, Huntsville! Two in the top three and the rest of us came out of pools. Good stuff.

I really need to get good with ONE character so i can win more.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
will you are a skrate beast

george we got to ban luigi's mansion, double kirby's is still ****. I need practice on norfair i just completely fall apart on that stage, i might try MK next time

moogle and will, we had a close doubles set, you out counterpicked us though :-P

reflex and kismet, intense sets. you guys have a beast wario and falco. we could have won that last match if wario's fart didn't kill at like 50 percent :-D good shiz

mahg it looks like you got royally screwed, george, then kismet, then will haha i know how you feel.

sorry i couldn't stay for singles guys, the showing seemed to be pretty decent this time, until next time

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
shoutout to
reimii for beating me in the "loser's superbowl showdown for fourth seed" in pool 1 hahahaha
3god for wario dittos
ezlow for chatting and smashing alot with me
and majist, j00t, and a couple others for saying they knew me from off the boards :]

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need to start coming to these more often. Sorry I wasn't there. :/

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Sorry I wasn't there, Grats to Will for sweeping the tourney!

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Well, I had fun geeking out with Magic. I didn't win anything, but I did get 2 mythic rares which I traded for a free dinner. And in the end, isn't that all that matters?

... I'll come to the next one :(

3GOD

Smash Ace
@Majist - Thanks for the near-endless friendlies...you've definitely stepped it up since Tuscaloosa.

@Will_ - I enjoyed our matches a lot in both pools and bracket. Congratulations.

@Moogle - Your fox is amazingly good...we need more friendlies next time.

@George - I'm sorry our tournament matches weren't a little better...I need to learn how to fight Kirby and also how to not play Bowser. Thanks for getting this tourney organized!

@reimeii - Cool Pikachu...hope you are able to make it to more tournaments.

@shaSLAM - Wario dittos are the best...hope you can find some good dudes to practice against. I know how hard it is to get better when there is hardly anyone to play with.

@Mahgnittoc - Thanks for teaming with me...that triple rocket barrel spike on George was too epic.

@Kola - Your Pit was well played. I hope to play you again soon.

@Reflex - I enjoyed our pre-tourney friendlies. Nice Samus and fun Wario dittos!

Majist

Smash Journeyman
3GOD: Thanks for the compliment:grin: Those friendlies were awesome. It's a shame we didn't meet up in brackets, I wanted my revenge!

George: That was a great tourney, bro. Thanks for putting my Marth to utter shame in pools lol. You got really good WAY too fast.

Reflex: I will get you ....next time.... Smash 64 was my favorite part of that whole trip.

j00t: Shake it off, bro. Team Meatknights are Weeaboos will go to the top next time. We just need a little preparation, and more Melee.

moogle: Congrats on Third place AND beating Reflex! And I'll be your mechanic any time >:3 Thank you again for the fun road trip. I'll give you gas monies the next time i see you.

Will_: Teach me the ways of the Hurricane!

Paul: You need to hang out with us more! It was great having you along for this one.

Kola: Now i know why you kept shielding by the ledge.... >.< Best Pit ever, keep it up.

ShaSLAM: Fun friendlies, dude. Like 3GOD said, find some good ppl to fight. Even if it's online, you'll become a better player. I'd be glad to play you online anytime. And play Melee, too:)

Mahgnittoc: I was really glad I didn't have to fight you after seeing that brutal beating you gave moogle. That Diddy is terrifying.

Kismet2: Guys like you are the reason why I'm scared of Falco. You're truly amazing.

T1J: There was no Melee:(

CHEAP Peach: You've got a sick Peach, man. Those were some fun friendlies. We need more Melee next time.

Pops: I hate you for not coming. ....not really, i love you.

reimeii

Smash Apprentice
-even though this was basically my first offline brawl experience
(only other one before this was a tournament of sorts just one month after the release.....dont know if i should count that or not)
it was still enough to put the brawl spirit back in me, so next time i ask off the day before so i will be awake the whole way through (my deepest apologies to anyone i played my last hour there.....i did not mean to fall asleep during those matches)
- i will definately be going to more tournaments in the future, maybe next time i wont be so **** uptight, and will have a lot more friendlies (i wanted to play everyone at least once, but the few matches i had were good enough

and kismet....the next time we meet i wanna rematch your marth, im still having flashbacks about that
and joot.....the only ganondorf to make me look like i just got the game yesterday......i owe you a rematch too

so i guess i will end this by saying.....
thumbs up for sticking out (the ONLY pikachu there woohoo....and i didnt look like an ***)
thumbs up for not making last place in the tournaments, (ok i kinda got last in the singles but i made it out of pools so woohoo x2)

i will definately be tougher at my next appearances (singles and doubles.....beginner's luck run out soon for me so my next tournaments will have to be based on skill).....hopefully i can start going to wabas soon

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I know some of you guys had to leave before finals got done and would just wait until the matches were available on YouTube. Good news is that they are up.

Video Thread

Top Bottom