• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vudujin's Cyclone (and Cyclone stuff in general)

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
So I was watching some Zenith 2013 friendlies with Vudujin and Wizzrobe...

At one point, when executing the rising cyclone, Vudujin lifts his controller quite high into the air...like, above his eyes, in order to do it.

Now, I don't know about other Luigis, but when I need a rising cyclone, the controller goes down to my knee, pressing quite hard into my leg so the controller doesn't move and I have as stable a surface as possible on which to mash the crap outta the B button.

It seems to me that if the support for the controller is restricted to only my left hand, the whole thing is wobbling around with every button press and the odds of one of the inputs not even registering are amplified. I suppose when it comes to ridiculous, impossible rapid button-pressing strategies, it will vary from player to player and I'm curious as to what exactly everyone does. Some Luigi players definitely get more height more consistently than other but the specific motions of how they execute it are not normally discussed in thorough detail. This footage is probably the first time I've seen both the controller in action as well as the gameplay footage...

So Vudu.....and I guess I'm asking you directly.....what the hell are you doing there??? :)

Vudujin

Smash Lord
To answer your question, it's just the fastest way I can press a button. Basically, both of my hands have a seizure on the controller.

badangadang

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I should try that out then, interesting. Wobbling both hands in a particular sync might indeed mash faster. Never thought about that.

S1lentNightm4re

Smash Rookie
But how do you keep your hands exactly Vudujin? I can see you raise your index finger but your hand doesn't really look like your hand anymore :S

Top Bottom