• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Recorder - Mewtwo Video & Critique Thread

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I guess I should have stated that I didn't mean for it to be super reliable or anything, just something interesting you could pull out once in a while. They don't necessarily need to jump right at you either, it's more about reading where they're going to go. Still probably not a string, but it's not useless either. Like you say, I think throwing this out once a match/series could have some merit though. Also, out of curiosity, is there anything I could use to instigate this OTHER than confusion?
Well this isn't really Confusion based. You're just throwing them offstage and then D-Air spiking them.

You can just throw them offstage with any other move. D-Tilt and Jab are our main combo starters. U-Tilt is nice too depending on which char you're fighting. B-Throw and F-Throw will also get the deal done.

gishfood

Smash Rookie
this is kinda embarrassing for a number of reasons... i mean the video quality the shakiness and stuff but i still kinda think i didn't play this matchup to well i noticed a lot of things i coulda done like up smash instead of nair for the kill but we all have to start somewhere i guess

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
Abadango has used Mewtwo from time to time whenever he streams. He even used him against Amsa's Greninja at one point and considered using him at Evo if he ran into customs Villager. Unsurprisingly, he has a very defensive playstyle. When I have more time, I will post a video of him using Mewtwo for about 80-90 % of his matches.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Abadango has used Mewtwo from time to time whenever he streams. He even used him against Amsa's Greninja at one point and considered using him at Evo if he ran into customs Villager. Unsurprisingly, he has a very defensive playstyle. When I have more time, I will post a video of him using Mewtwo for about 80-90 % of his matches.
Mewtwo is a good counter for ledge stalling Villager since you can reflect 100% of the projectiles. I don't know if Mewtwo outright beats Villager (since Villager has a lot of mixups and really fast aerials he can do) but I am fairly confident that Mewtwo at the very least outright destroys that specific Villager strategy. Just reflect until you get a hit and then camp :3.

Browny

Smash Hater
Thanks for that

@ Chiroz Chiroz @ RayNoire RayNoire 7:00 - 7:10 sums up literally everything I have been ranting on about this forum lately. His use of shadowball is perfect. The match on luigis mansion near the start is like a dream to me.

Abandago decided that Yoshi was going to die at 110% that stock and just 10 seconds of patience rewarded him with the kill. You could tell he was waiting for the moment Yoshi did something remotely unsafe and ended the stock because of it.

I sincerely hope that other Mewtwo mains take extra notice of how Abadango almost always goes for the FCSB and punishes Yoshi pretty much perfectly with it, repeatedly. The second stock was brutal and 100% optimal Mewtwo playstyle.

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Mew^2 did really well all things considered. It's nice having a dedicated Mewtwo main who consistently attends recorded tournaments.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Mew^2's playstyle is actually very similar to mine, so that's cool to see that he's doing well in a fairly strong region.

Saw some good uncharged SB use. ; )

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Mew^2's playstyle is actually very similar to mine, so that's cool to see that he's doing well in a fairly strong region.

Saw some good uncharged SB use. ; )
He's the highest placing Mewtwo out of every one of us right now. He placed top 34 or something like that at a National which already puts him in the radar. The fact that that National had Zero, Ally, MasterZenyou, etc means there was some tough competition.

My highest placing until now I would say was a top 25 at a 200+ regional (since top 250 or w/e at EVO doesn't really mean ****).

I'll be sure to check out those replays when I have the time. Hopefully I can learn useful things out of these replays.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Even though he didn't get a lot of stream time, Mew^2 just got 9th at a Dallas national (think it's a national?). Eliminated by Iggy, a Rosalina player.

http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator/v/10149139 - 1:22:00, 6:05:30
Thanks for the videos. I really need to check this guy out. I wish I had more time but work is eating up so much of my time. Also add my NNID so we can get those Dr vs Mewtwo games.

Browny

Smash Hater
Hyper Sumabato Loser's Finals
Ginko's Mewtwo vs Ranai's Villager
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq2en0ZIEx0
That villager is disgusting omfg how does anyone deal with that, doesnt Ranai win everything over there?

I'm more interested in Ginkos run to losers final of a 185 person tournament, does this mean 3rd place for a Mewtwo at what would be a regional?

Last edited:

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
That villager is disgusting omfg how does anyone deal with that, doesnt Ranai win everything over there?

I'm more interested in Ginkos run to losers final of a 185 person tournament, does this mean 3rd place for a Mewtwo at what would be a regional?
That was the only match where Ginko used Mewtwo. He used ROB the rest of the time, except one match where he played Pac-Man.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I've been playing Falco mostly and some Marth. Saturday I played Mewtwo on for glory while watching PAX2015.

vs (Robin) Just like marth AD Aerials work well. It seems like a really good mixup as well.
vs (Mario)
vs (Ganondorf) Looks like Usmash beats Ganoncide

Feed me your input. I'm really digging Mewtwo.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I've been playing Falco mostly and some Marth. Saturday I played Mewtwo on for glory while watching PAX2015.

vs (Robin) Just like marth AD Aerials work well. It seems like a really good mixup as well.
vs (Mario)
vs (Ganondorf) Looks like Usmash beats Ganoncide

Feed me your input. I'm really digging Mewtwo.
Vs Robin I think you should've nair to edgeguard more.
Vs Mario or any character with a reflector you shouldn't fully charge shadow ball. If you jab lock someone with shadow ball you should do disable afterwards you get a free charged smash attack of your choice.

Just in general be careful with the smash attacks and recovery. You shouldn't have gotten hit by ganon's neutral B.

Your mewtwo looked pretty clean though.

Browny

Smash Hater
That d4kpo match really annoyed me.

Someone tell Mew^2 that the b button exists. Honestly, if ZSS is allowed to use her specials, why isnt Mewtwo?

Way... way too many missed opportunities for shadowball and too many paralsyers not reflected back at her. If ZSS played with the same disadvantage of just not using her specials shed look low tier.

Its frustrating to watch such a good Mewtwo player get beat like that by ignoring two highly useful moves in that matchup.

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That d4kpo match really annoyed me.

Someone tell Mew^2 that the b button exists. Honestly, if ZSS is allowed to use her specials, why isnt Mewtwo?

Way... way too many missed opportunities for shadowball and too many paralsyers not reflected back at her. If ZSS played with the same disadvantage of just not using her specials shed look low tier.

Its frustrating to watch such a good Mewtwo player get beat like that by ignoring two highly useful moves in that matchup.
Idk if shadowball helps in the MU that much. This is a pretty rough MU from my experience.

Top Bottom