• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Recorder - Mewtwo Video & Critique Thread

Spirst

As you imagine, this thread will be used for posting and critiquing gameplay videos of Mewtwo. In time, this will serve as a compilation of footage.​

Rules
  • Do not post embedded videos. Do so as links. Embedded videos cause lag and make people angry. Don't make people angry.
  • When critiquing footage, do so constructively. "wow bro u suk" and the like will be infracted.
  • When posting, try to use recent footage. Proficiency can easily change in spans of time so most recent footage is the best indicator of where you're at now.
  • Do not spam videos. Apply a limit of about 3 videos per post per week.
When posting a video link please write down the player names, the characters, the date that it was recorded, and any other important notes about the video (such as the name of a Tournament, Format, Series, or Tutorial).
Example: Red (Mewtwo) vs Lass (Jigglypuff) - 7/18/2015- EVO 2015 (event)

Last edited:

Spirst

Reserved so the future me can look back and thank the heavens I reserved this post.

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
I won't have videos available until after 3:30, but i did record me making some movesets analyzation and some for glory matches, which I lost and got wrecked.

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YoqrYgQKQ4&feature=youtu.be

Alright. Here's my analyzation. I suck in FG, I know that.

After a few more games this afternoon, I'm not playing Mewtwo anymore. He's terrible. Picking him up has ruined my Duck Hunt game for the time being to the point of masochistic frustration. As such, I need to take some serious time off from him to get my priorities straight. I've lost my competitive edge.

Last edited:

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
Last edited:

AufWiedersehen

Smash Cadet
NNID
AufWiedersehen
For Glory: Mewtwo vs. Mega Man

Really fun character to play as, has some pretty sick moves like fair. I'm still learning but I'd love to have Mewtwo as a pocket character.

Confusion is nice for reflecting Mega Man's projects as I learned during this match. Also learned Mewtwo can now wall jump! Still trying to figure out how to sweet spot the dair meteor though.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Not a match but figured I would post this here. Seems pretty useful as a mix up or to catch people off guard.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I make these kinds of guides for every character in the game, got my hands on Mewtwo and of course it's still very early to tell anything, but these are my general impressions on what good and poor traits he has. Any constructive criticism is always welcomed and appreciated!

https://youtu.be/V7P9verZWdA

Elixar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zer0Requiem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX2G0Ad-tCs

This is one of our dittos, just like before, Mewtwo's best kill options against himself are up smash and up throw. Upsmash's lasting hitboxes are brutal. (Note, this was our first time playing Mewtwo each, and we're now getting steadily better, will likely update with more links

-Other people:

@ Jtails Jtails video has been removed :/
@ DrizzyDrew DrizzyDrew good to see that someone else also found that confused Shadowball is ridiculous. A friend of mine also tested this with me, with team attack on, you can reflect a fully charged shadowball an absolute max of 6 times, although the timing seems to become stricter with each bounce, making a max of 4 more likely. Reflected twice is enough to kill most characters at around 25%. In dittos (2v2 dittos) make sure the second mewtwo is ready to bait the confusion, don't shield a reflected shadowball as that nonsense breaks shields. Will try and get more footage of it, but I could be a while because we're uploading in order.

@ AceStarThe3rd AceStarThe3rd I'd personally go into a nair follow up from DTilt as it can then fast fall into another DTilt and then fair, which gets around 31%(going off hand can't remember at the moment) up tilt as a mix up also goes into bair or turn around fair. Has anyone found any usage for upair yet? I can't seem to get it to combo very efficiently, and the kill properties are kinda weird. Might just be because I'm bad with that second jump.

First post here, hope I could help :D

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
@ Elixar Elixar Welcome to smashboards, bro.

After playing a few more matches with Mewtwo, I think I'm starting to figure him out. I just have to spam Confusion+Dsmash. I'm not all that great at landing smash attacks yet, but i did solidly beat my opponents last night, which means they probably sucked. I'll see if i can get gameplay vids of that up relatively quickly.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
@ Elixar Elixar Welcome to smashboards, bro.

After playing a few more matches with Mewtwo, I think I'm starting to figure him out. I just have to spam Confusion+Dsmash. I'm not all that great at landing smash attacks yet, but i did solidly beat my opponents last night, which means they probably sucked. I'll see if i can get gameplay vids of that up relatively quickly.
Confusion + Down-Smash doesn't work on anyone who jumps, attacks, techs or a floaty who just DIs away. The only thing it works on is someone who either air dodges, doesn't tech or techs in place honestly.

lilinuyasha

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lilinuyasha
Confusion + Down-Smash doesn't work on anyone who jumps, attacks, techs or a floaty who just DIs away. The only thing it works on is someone who either air dodges, doesn't tech or techs in place honestly.
Trust me, I know that. I had a lot of opponents who decided to air dodge, however. That's what I'm saying.

Jtails

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX2G0Ad-tCs

This is one of our dittos, just like before, Mewtwo's best kill options against himself are up smash and up throw. Upsmash's lasting hitboxes are brutal. (Note, this was our first time playing Mewtwo each, and we're now getting steadily better, will likely update with more links

-Other people:

@ Jtails Jtails video has been removed :/
@ DrizzyDrew DrizzyDrew good to see that someone else also found that confused Shadowball is ridiculous. A friend of mine also tested this with me, with team attack on, you can reflect a fully charged shadowball an absolute max of 6 times, although the timing seems to become stricter with each bounce, making a max of 4 more likely. Reflected twice is enough to kill most characters at around 25%. In dittos (2v2 dittos) make sure the second mewtwo is ready to bait the confusion, don't shield a reflected shadowball as that nonsense breaks shields. Will try and get more footage of it, but I could be a while because we're uploading in order.

@ AceStarThe3rd AceStarThe3rd I'd personally go into a nair follow up from DTilt as it can then fast fall into another DTilt and then fair, which gets around 31%(going off hand can't remember at the moment) up tilt as a mix up also goes into bair or turn around fair. Has anyone found any usage for upair yet? I can't seem to get it to combo very efficiently, and the kill properties are kinda weird. Might just be because I'm bad with that second jump.

First post here, hope I could help :D

hmmm fixed?

https://youtu.be/V7P9verZWdA

kyutwo

Smash Rookie
Hey there. Since I still have less than 10 posts, the hyperlinks probably won't work, but I have some Mewtwo videos.

Just Smashin' Around 040 w/ Mewtwo - Super Smash Bros 4 - For Glory 1v1
This is my first time using Mewtwo on For Glory. My fav match was vs the Palutena.

Just Smashin' Around 041 w/ Mewtwo - Super Smash Bros 4 - For Glory 1v1
These matches are against the same person. He had some interesting counter-pick choices against Mewtwo.

Mewtwo vs Shulk - Perfect Win / Zero Damage - Super Smash Bros. 4
This is just a clip from the 2nd video so no one has to watch the whole thing just to see this one match.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Wow, they REALLY buffed Mewtwo's range, and his overall attack power. That was mine only qualm about him in Melee; his attacks did not reach as far I would have preferred. Otherwise, I rather enjoyed using Mewtwo in Melee. I might actually consider maining him this time around. Note: The below video isn't mine.

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
@ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 @ DrCoeloCephalo DrCoeloCephalo loved the videos
Here's one of my demonstrations of M2's varied techs, such as b-reversals and teleport cancels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zaWyTOjYAo
Here's also a small highlight reel of some combos I got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakxfCgGDrE
That tech demo.....Kreygasm. I was like I know I still got stuff to learn but this is awesomely a lot!!!!
The highlight video.....I died. The options chosen were so smart
Edit: sry guess I got excited and responded to too many posts... lol cleaned up.
Edit2: I guess I'll post this here also. My set on stream against Piiff (best Pacman on 1Fow1's stream). The mu looks hard for pacman but anyways Game 1 was pretty good. Played nervous and unsafe on game 2 and managed to get game 3.
I still got much to improve. did some unsafe stuff. But seeing the other's vids makes me excited to get even better with him. And piiff is a great player who hasn't seen too many m2's so next time he'll probably be a lot harder to beat (at piiff if you ever find this)
http://www.twitch.tv/piiff/b/651466998 @ 3:06:00

Last edited:

Elixar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zer0Requiem
Here's one of my demonstrations of M2's varied techs, such as b-reversals and teleport cancels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zaWyTOjYAo

Here's also a small highlight reel of some combos I got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakxfCgGDrE
False, plz, you're showing everyone up Q_Q
How on earth do you pull off half of the things in the tech skill video? I can't get any of the teleport cancels down at all, I keep sliding into freefall and dying :/

@ Jtails Jtails I think the confusion is dependent on the opponent, but for sure the ledge-stall with teleport is a good mixup on stages with walls at least. Any clue how well it works on stages like Smashville with 45 degree angled walls?

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I have a whole playlist.
20 Mewtwo videos on it.

The three to look at are these:

For Glory Singles Chain Vs Flight, Mewtwo Vs Fox

For Glory Singles Chain Vs Jonny A, Mewtwo Vs Lucario

For Glory Singles Chain Vs Brandon, Mewtwo Vs Sheik

The last guy, Brandon, I played around 30 matches in a row, but only ended winning one. I didn't fare any better against him even with my mains.
If you look at the full playlist, most of the videos are from that set.

Now I'm pretty sure that there was a fair deal of connection advantage happening with those matches, and I'm going to stick with that story until demonstrated otherwise.
But on the slight possibility that there's actually something going on that I can learn from, I saved and uploaded all the replays I could. I definitely don't recommend watching all of them. But I went out of my way to make sure they are all in chronological order, so it should be easy to just skim through watching blips to pick up on bigger patterns which might have been causing me to consistently lose. Or at least that was the idea.

And, as a disclaimer.
I don't ask for feedback on matches that I do particularly well in, almost all of these are very poor.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I have a whole playlist.
20 Mewtwo videos on it.

The three to look at are these:

For Glory Singles Chain Vs Flight, Mewtwo Vs Fox

For Glory Singles Chain Vs Jonny A, Mewtwo Vs Lucario

For Glory Singles Chain Vs Brandon, Mewtwo Vs Sheik

The last guy, Brandon, I played around 30 matches in a row, but only ended winning one. I didn't fare any better against him even with my mains.
If you look at the full playlist, most of the videos are from that set.

Now I'm pretty sure that there was a fair deal of connection advantage happening with those matches, and I'm going to stick with that story until demonstrated otherwise.
But on the slight possibility that there's actually something going on that I can learn from, I saved and uploaded all the replays I could. I definitely don't recommend watching all of them. But I went out of my way to make sure they are all in chronological order, so it should be easy to just skim through watching blips to pick up on bigger patterns which might have been causing me to consistently lose. Or at least that was the idea.

And, as a disclaimer.
I don't ask for feedback on matches that I do particularly well in, almost all of these are very poor.
The way you finished off that Fox was beautiful.

However, it's really annoying how that Lucario somehow managed to get away with nothing but repetitive Smash Attacks. I wonder if he had any legitimate skill. I bet if it were offline, he would have lost.

Also, here: http://makeagif.com/UOAd74

Last edited:

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I've finished of so many matches with that, it will be sad once I can no longer abuse it.

I wonder if he had any legitimate skill. I bet if it were offline, he would have lost.
That may be, but he certainly should have been beatable as it was. I had already handed it to him pretty good against his Pikachu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLTSxOr6wjo&t=129

If I was more familiar with lucario, maybe I would have had a better chance.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
I got some great matches in with a friend, anyone that might be willing to record them?

HitokiriBattousai

Smash Rookie

However, it's really annoying how that Lucario somehow managed to get away with nothing but repetitive Smash Attacks. I wonder if he had any legitimate skill. I bet if it were offline, he would have lost.

Also, here: http://makeagif.com/UOAd74
That'd make two of us annoyed by those repetitive Smash Attacks also was annoying how he wasted the chance to fully charge an Aura sphere to taunt 3 times

and offline with how predictable he was I'd say he probably would have lost

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Anyone willing to help me record a few matches? I'd like to share what I've done and get some feedback

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Anyone willing to help me record a few matches? I'd like to share what I've done and get some feedback
if you wanna send me a replay of one of your matches, id be more than happy to give you some feeedback on your play : )

Top Bottom