• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS Falco Double-Laser From Ledge?

HolePuncher

Smash Rookie
What should I do vs. Falco double-laser from ledge?

Sometimes I can get a jab-jab in between the lasers, but I think this requires the falco to mess up the laser timing. I know a missile wins, but the missile has to be on it's way well before the falco jumps.

What the best option?

Litt

Samus
What should I do vs. Falco double-laser from ledge?

Sometimes I can get a jab-jab in between the lasers, but I think this requires the falco to mess up the laser timing. I know a missile wins, but the missile has to be on it's way well before the falco jumps.

What the best option?
No best option... you are going against the best projectile in the game when falco is invincible... any good option is immediately beaten out by falco invincibly ledgedashing on. Look for situations to happen again and again and try new options. Try to crouch powershield the first laser into jab jab or up angle f tilt

Requis

Smash Rookie
Shield at the edge and punish oos, marth up b or dt, and grab on most characters or nair.

Smash Journeyman
ASDI down ("land cancel") doesn't work on lasers because they don't have knockback (or in particular, any upward component of knockback). Crouching, however, does reduce the amount of hitstun / hitlag you take from them, letting you sneak in a jab -> jab. (No crouch -> jab doesn't seem to work for reasonably timed double lasers.)

I'm not sure if crouch -> ftilt / dtilt / dsmash works; they might? Full extension of ftilt is slower than dtilt / dsmash by a frame but hits higher, so someone should test them.

Powershielding one of the lasers can often be good.

Shield -> upb might work in between the lasers (I think Falco is not ledge-intangible by the time the second laser comes out?), but there might not be time between 2nd laser and shine. If you read that they'll double laser -> shine you can upb the shine; if they don't shine you can upb after the 2nd laser.

Stand on platform -> drop aerial probably works too :p

Top Bottom