• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs Belmont?

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
Yo,

This one seems hard. It's easy to gimp him once you get him off the edge, but boy those projectiles and the whip are NOT easy to fight. I'm new to Ridley so I might be missing something crucial - how do you people approach this matchup?

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Press B sometimes if hes camping projectiles. It out ranges and is super punishing if it lands. Otherwise, i just approach and look for a side B read and gimp with nair. Anything leading into off stage action really. Anyway, i understand your frustration. I'd say that the Belmonts will be the most despised characters in this game by its end.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
You can use your F-Tilt to stop the cross and the axe projectiles. I haven’t tested it out on Holy Water yet though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Press B sometimes if hes camping projectiles. It out ranges and is super punishing if it lands. Otherwise, i just approach and look for a side B read and gimp with nair. Anything leading into off stage action really. Anyway, i understand your frustration. I'd say that the Belmonts will be the most despised characters in this game by its end.
I find the Belmonts quite okay to deal with if I am playing small fighters such as Inklings, or even smaller like Squirtle and Pichu, but otherwise, agreed, they can be very frustrating. Fighters with huge hitboxes have a lot of trouble dancing around the projectile fiesta Richter and Simon will keep throwing at you.

KrakatoaPower

Smash Rookie
Lab parrying the projectiles. Parrying is so essential for this character since he is such a big body. The best stage for this matchup is probably Yoshi's Story since its small and is a tri-plat layout, so the Belmonts can't run away the whole time.

Top Bottom