vs Belmont?

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
Yo,

This one seems hard. It's easy to gimp him once you get him off the edge, but boy those projectiles and the whip are NOT easy to fight. I'm new to Ridley so I might be missing something crucial - how do you people approach this matchup?

Xquirtle

Smash Apprentice
Press B sometimes if hes camping projectiles. It out ranges and is super punishing if it lands. Otherwise, i just approach and look for a side B read and gimp with nair. Anything leading into off stage action really. Anyway, i understand your frustration. I'd say that the Belmonts will be the most despised characters in this game by its end.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
You can use your F-Tilt to stop the cross and the axe projectiles. I haven’t tested it out on Holy Water yet though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Switch FC
SW-8176-8978-3289
Press B sometimes if hes camping projectiles. It out ranges and is super punishing if it lands. Otherwise, i just approach and look for a side B read and gimp with nair. Anything leading into off stage action really. Anyway, i understand your frustration. I'd say that the Belmonts will be the most despised characters in this game by its end.
I find the Belmonts quite okay to deal with if I am playing small fighters such as Inklings, or even smaller like Squirtle and Pichu, but otherwise, agreed, they can be very frustrating. Fighters with huge hitboxes have a lot of trouble dancing around the projectile fiesta Richter and Simon will keep throwing at you.