• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voted Third Best Bike | Excitebiker for Smash Switch

what's your favorite bike?

• bike

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • trike

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • unicycle

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Excitebiker

So what is an Excitebiker?
Excitebike is a racing series starting back in 1984 on the NES. He's old as hell, but you got to race and it was all right. There were about three or so games but no one remembers most of them apart from the NES game.

Apart from trophies he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Hey it's better than nothing.

Here's the game:

Really this is the game people think of when they think of Excitebike. I don't know maybe the Wii one was nice but no one ever talks about it.

Movesets:
By Kirbeh Kirbeh
Moveset:

The Excite Biker is a fast and somewhat small character who excels at dealing damage while on the move. He remains on his bike at all times which is used for a majority of his attacks in addition to being how he moves around of course.
-EB is a fairly fast character, just shy of :4falcon:
-EB is somewhat small. His body has similar proportions to:4mario:albeit a tad smaller with his bike taking up the rest of the characters size. (I'm using his trophy for reference.)

-EB can not crawl or wall jump.

-With the added weight of his bike, EB is among the heavier small characters.

Neutral Jab - Leans over the bars and performs two quick jabs
Forward Tilt - Hops over the bars and kicks forward. See Back Air spoiler.
Up Tilt - Performs a quick handstand on the bike.
Down Tilt - Spins the bike in place while leaned over.
Dash Attack - Drifts to a stop.
Forward Smash - Revs the bike and darts forward a short distance.
Up Smash - Revs the bike and pops up, performing a stationary wheelie.
Down Smash - Performs a rolling burnout.
Neutral Air - Performs a 360 spin.
Forward Air - Performs a front flip. Spikes.
Back Air - Grips the bike with both hands and throws his legs back.
Up Air - Performs a handstand on the bike, hitting above with his legs.
Down Air - A "dive kick" style move. Dives diagonally downward hitting with the front of the bike.
Grab - Reaches out and grabs the opponent with one arm, keeping the other on the bike's bars. One of the better dash grabs due to Excite Biker's speed.
Pummel - Headbutts the opponent.
Forward Throw - Drives forward, dragging the opponent along the ground before coming to an abrupt stop and tossing the opponent forward.
Back Throw - The Excite Biker turns around in his seat and tosses the opponent away.
Up Throw - Tosses the opponent upward.
Down Throw - Slams the opponent into the ground.

Neutral Special: Excite Racer - Summons a small 8-bit racer from Excitebike, serving as Excite Biker's projectile. The racer is fast and will drive straight forward when used on the ground. When used in the air, the racer will be dropped straight down, but upon hitting the ground will function the same.

It deals light damage and disappears on hit. As an extra touch, the racers will fall off their bikes if they collide with an opponents shield, projectile or other hazardous obstacle before disappearing.

When used in conjunction with the Ramp, the racer will jump off the ramp and become airborne for a brief period before touching down and continuing on it's path.

Side Special: Speed Up - When used, Excite Biker will gain a short burst of speed, damaging opponents on contact, and continuing past them. If used in the air, he will only dart forward a little, but still enough to be used when recovering as well.

When used off of the Ramp, he will fly a good distance forward and gain a slight boost to Speed Up's damage.

Up Special: Trick Jump
- When used, Excite Biker will quickly jump and fly upward on his bike at a diagonal angle. The move ends in a back flip which damages opponents. He can attack immediately out of this move.

When used off of the Ramp, he will gain much more height and a bit of extra attack power on the flip.

Down Special: Ramp - Summons a ramp directly in front of the Excite Biker. The ramp can be used in conjunction with Excite Racer, Speed Up, and Trick Jump.
Similar to :4pacman:'s Fire Hydrant, the Ramp will remain on stage for a little while before disappearing, or until it takes enough damage.

The Ramp can be placed on any platform or part of the stage (excluding objects like springs and hazards) including ledges. If placed near the ledge, it will NOT prevent opponents from grabbing it, and they can still roll through it, or knock it away by attacking if it's sustained enough damage.
Final Smash: Excitebike - Either a cinematic FS similar to :4duckhunt: or just a normal one that takes place on the stage itself. For both, multiple other racers appear and begin driving and hopping around doing tricks, damaging opponents on contact. More or less the way their assist trophy currently functions.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would assume it'd be a combination of both the biker themselves and the bike. With like the bike taking tilts and Smashes and the biker sharing some aerials and grabs.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still support, even though Pokemonspika is gone.

smashkirby smashkirby

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I hope I'm a decent enough replacement. At the very least I'm hope see where this goes.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well hey now.
You can't just go in all willy nilly, gotta build it up first.

Can't have it all be payoff.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support.

Moveset:

The Excite Biker is a fast and somewhat small character who excels at dealing damage while on the move. He remains on his bike at all times which is used for a majority of his attacks in addition to being how he moves around of course.
-EB is somewhat small. His body has similar proportions to:4mario:albeit a tad smaller with his bike taking up the rest of the characters size. (I'm using his trophy for reference.)

Down Air - A "dive kick" style move. Dives diagonally downward hitting with the front of the bike.
Grab - Reaches out and grabs the opponent with one arm, keeping the other on the bike's bars. One of the better dash grabs due to Excite Biker's speed.
Forward Throw - Drives forward, dragging the opponent along the ground before coming to an abrupt stop and tossing the opponent forward.
Back Throw - The Excite Biker turns around in his seat and tosses the opponent away.

Neutral Special: Excite Racer - Summons a small 8-bit racer from Excitebike, serving as Excite Biker's projectile. The racer is fast and will drive straight forward when used on the ground. When used in the air, the racer will be dropped straight down, but upon hitting the ground will function the same.

It deals light damage and disappears on hit. As an extra touch, the racers will fall off their bikes if they collide with an opponents shield, projectile or other hazardous obstacle before disappearing.

When used in conjunction with the Ramp, the racer will jump off the ramp and become airborne for a brief period before touching down and continuing on it's path.

Side Special: Speed Up - When used, Excite Biker will gain a short burst of speed, damaging opponents on contact, and continuing past them. If used in the air, he will only dart forward a little, but still enough to be used when recovering as well.

When used off of the Ramp, he will fly a good distance forward and gain a slight boost to Speed Up's damage.

- When used, Excite Biker will quickly jump and fly upward on his bike at a diagonal angle. The move ends in a back flip which damages opponents. He can attack immediately out of this move.

When used off of the Ramp, he will gain much more height and a bit of extra attack power on the flip.

Down Special: Ramp - Summons a ramp directly in front of the Excite Biker. The ramp can be used in conjunction with Excite Racer, Speed Up, and Trick Jump.
Similar to :4pacman:'s Fire Hydrant, the Ramp will remain on stage for a little while before disappearing, or until it takes enough damage.

The Ramp can be placed on any platform or part of the stage (excluding objects like springs and hazards) including ledges. If placed near the ledge, it will NOT prevent opponents from grabbing it, and they can still roll through it, or knock it away by attacking if it's sustained enough damage.
Final Smash: Excitebike - Either a cinematic FS similar to :4duckhunt: or just a normal one that takes place on the stage itself. For both, multiple other racers appear and begin driving and hopping around doing tricks, damaging opponents on contact. More or less the way their assist trophy currently functions.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Support.

Moveset:

Thanks. I'll put it in the OP.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Excitebiker would be a pretty cool character, I know we got the assist trophy but I am surprised we have not gotten an excitebike stage yet. It would just make a lot of sense and seems like a nice fit even more so than something like the wrecking crew stage.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly I don't mind where ever they place the biker. Could be as a character, or a stage, but even as something as small as a trophy is good enough for me.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Count me in as a supporter for the NES Excitebiker or one of the characters from Excitebike 64 such as Jim Rivers or Vicky Steele.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If we are getting alts I'm hoping for EB64.
If not then possibly like Mach Rider, but that's another discussion in of itself I'm not that big on going into.

Last edited:
The leading candidate for our next classic NES fighter, in my opinion. I love the thought of his down-throw being a wheelie on the victim's face.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I certainly think he's one of the more likely candidates.
If anything he has a high potential of being represented, wherever that may be.

oh god this is actually a thing that's happening well might as well revive this oh boy
wow this thread is **** what was I thinking? gotta spruce this up brb

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Like ultimately it'd be nice to see Excitebiker as a character, but like I'll take wherever Nintendo goes. I feel like there is an argument with Excitebike being better as a stage, but like at this can't really say too much until we get more info.

Hell I would take Excitebiker being an Assist Trophy again.

D

Deleted member

I'd love Excitebiker. I feel like either him or Takamaru makes it in as the retro character, but a bike based moveset is so much more intrguing than what Takamaru has to offer. One can only hope that the Mario Kart 8 Excitebike Arena track is just enough to get him in.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah I'm not sure why that's the case, in any measure I fixed the pictures to the best of my ability.

Apologies to Kirbeh Kirbeh but I had to alter some of the photos as I couldn't find the exact references. I tried to find ones as similar as I could.

PF9

Smash Lord
Excitebiker would make an interesting rival of Wario, given his own affinity for motor bikes.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Real talk: Wario needs to be in the reveal trailer.
I feel like it'd just be a lost cause without him.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Excitebike was one of my first NES games, and I enjoyed the N64 and WiiWare iterations. Now knowing that Excitebiker was actually considered for Melee, and he hasn't been in the past two Smashes, I'm going to be miffed if he's not in the next one. I support.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
While I’d still pick Mach Rider over the Excitebiker, he’d make a better moveset on foot, while Excitebiker, with his smaller size, would be just great. The stage is also a boon. I support him.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
While I’d still pick Mach Rider over the Excitebiker, he’d make a better moveset on foot, while Excitebiker, with his smaller size, would be just great. The stage is also a boon. I support him.
I could actually see Excite Bike being a small character, like Little Mac. Maybe even smaller in body if his height was the same as little Mac, rider and bike combined.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Personally, I imagine the Biker being a bit shorter than Mac’s height, maybe his height when dashing. Of course, I envision him as a 2D Fighter a la Game & Watch. If he were to be polygons, he’d probably have to be larger to encompass more detail.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Casual reminder that E3 is coming up. Doubt we'll see anything bike and or excite related but you know always good to see where the games are headed.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Casual reminder that E3 is coming up. Doubt we'll see anything bike and or excite related but you know always good to see where the games are headed.
Eh, not gonna lie, it feels like it'll happen sometime regardless simply on the grounds of process of elimination. Given Nintendo's affinity for NES reps, especially well liked and well remembered ones, I'm sure they can't sleep on Excite Bike forever. Right now, I'm rooting for Takamaru, and I also think he's the most likely NES rep to make it presently, but after him, there's only a few more to go down (Unless the start going out of left field again and give us something like Ice Climbers, or Brawl with Pit, both of those being series reps for games I had never heard of). On my list of other NES reps I'd like to see include Mike Jones, Simon Belmont, and of course, an Excite Biker. As I said, I think all of those are somewhat likely, and more so the more options are eliminated.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I really want Excitebiker to be the next retro rep he's almost equal known worldwide similar like Takamaru. I known he's recovery is a problem but Excitebiker recovery could be similar to Ridley Fox or Pit it will be allot stronger. And his jabs moves will be flip flopping and down b will be a charge move similar like Little Mac.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not a character I would be excited to get

Top Bottom