• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voted Third Best Bike | Excitebiker for Smash Switch

what's your favorite bike?

• bike

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • trike

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • unicycle

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if Smash Ultimate is going to have a retro rep like the previous installments did (Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Duck Hunt), but if the game does, I think Excitebiker seems like the most logical and interesting inclusion. First off, let me just say I'm a huge supporter of him. His game was one of the most popular on the NES and took a different perspective on motocross games than most at the time. Anyways, I don't see anyone else being the retro rep at this point, by process of elimination. All of the other one off NES reps have things going against them. Takamaru appears as an assist trophy, Balloon Fighter is still a part of Villager's recovery, and Lip's Stick has been confirmed to return (if she were playable she would most likely use the item in her mvoeset). I don't think Bubbles from Clu Clu Land, the Urban Champion, or Devil from Devil's World are well known enough to appear as fighters either. So to me, Excitebiker seems the most likely. Plus is moveset would be awesome. We've gotten a taste of what a character on a bike would play as with Wario's side b, but I'm personally still waiting for a character who operates a motorcycle the entire time. Bowser Jr. may give the character some hope as he does not walk around but rather moves in his clown kart. Don't get me wrong, riding a bike is different than moving around in a kart, but it does fall into the same realm of possibility. I still don't think Excitebiker's all that possible with the limited amount of roster spots in Ultimate, but if he made it in, I would be overjoyed.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't see anyone else being the retro rep at this point, by process of elimination.
I agree for the most part, unless Nintendo digs Mini Kangaroo or Daitouryou Napoleon out of the archives. (which is very unlikely as Napoleon is a real person and most of Nintendo's pre-gaming toys that Mini would use are copyrighted to other companies IIRC) Startropics and Gumshoe were never released IN Japan, so Mike Jones and Mr. Stevenson are out of the question, and I'm having a hard time deciding if Muddy Mole even classifies as retro in the same way Excitebiker does.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, here is a moveset I made for Excite Biker himself.

Excite Biker

This idea is about the rider from Excitebike as a fighter in Smash Bros. With that, the rider moves and attacks mostly on foot, with most of his attacks being kicks and punches similar to, but not quite the same as, the style of Captain Falcon and possibly Zero Suit Samus. With that, for grabs and throws, the rider may use his bike, such as crushing someone with his bike with his Down Throw or doing a Ridley style drag across the ground with the Side throw. He also has a bar that fills slowly by attacking and defending, which drains every time an attack or defense is used. For every use of the energy in this bar, his attacks are stronger and his defenses are stronger, too. His specials are these.

B: Tire Throw: The Rider simply throws a tire that causes moderate damage, and sometimes a motorcycle motor that explodes on contact. Sometimes, smaller tires will be thrown as well, which can be used by other players but cause opponents to slip when they step on them. Sometimes, a tire on fire will be thrown, which will, of course, cause fire enhanced damage to the opponents that they hit.

B Side: Bike Attack: The rider rides his bike similar to Wario's bike move, making it so that he can ride it around the stage. The rider can get off of or even ride the bike. If the rider uses the bike when right in front of an opponent, a powerful burst will happen and will cause the bike move to be more powerful as it knocks the opponent away.

B Up: Hill Jump: A dirt hill appears on the ground or floats in the air as the rider drives up it and jumps it with his bike. When driving off the hill, the rider can perform tricks that double as attacks by pressing the A button as long as he is in the air. The hill, if in the air, floats for a few seconds before falling. This hill can also be used to make barriers for the other opponents to overcome. If the move is used again after landing when the hill is still out, the hill simply teleports to where the rider is and the rider drives up it again.

B Down: Power Charge: The rider gets on his bike, but does not drive it. He just stays in place and revs up, causing the rider's energy bar to fill up, which can make his attacks and defenses more powerful. This is still slow, but charges faster than just attacking and defending to charge it normally. If others try to attack the rider, a flame shield will protect the rider, damaging opponents that attack and reflecting projectiles. This shield only comes up once per use of the move, and it doesn't always come up, which could leave the rider defenseless and vulnerable.

Final Smash: Excite Racers and Truck

The rider charges at his opponents, and if he does not hit, nothing happens. If he hits, a cutscene happens, starting with the opponents falling on an Excitebike track, where Excitebike racers go through it and ram the opponents repeatedly. Then, an Excite Truck, driven by the rider himself, comes and rams into the opponents, sending them flying and possibly KOing them.

What do you all think?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, here is a moveset I made for Excite Biker himself.

Excite Biker

This idea is about the rider from Excitebike as a fighter in Smash Bros. With that, the rider moves and attacks mostly on foot, with most of his attacks being kicks and punches similar to, but not quite the same as, the style of Captain Falcon and possibly Zero Suit Samus. With that, for grabs and throws, the rider may use his bike, such as crushing someone with his bike with his Down Throw or doing a Ridley style drag across the ground with the Side throw. He also has a bar that fills slowly by attacking and defending, which drains every time an attack or defense is used. For every use of the energy in this bar, his attacks are stronger and his defenses are stronger, too. His specials are these.

B: Tire Throw: The Rider simply throws a tire that causes moderate damage, and sometimes a motorcycle motor that explodes on contact. Sometimes, smaller tires will be thrown as well, which can be used by other players but cause opponents to slip when they step on them. Sometimes, a tire on fire will be thrown, which will, of course, cause fire enhanced damage to the opponents that they hit.

B Side: Bike Attack: The rider rides his bike similar to Wario's bike move, making it so that he can ride it around the stage. The rider can get off of or even ride the bike. If the rider uses the bike when right in front of an opponent, a powerful burst will happen and will cause the bike move to be more powerful as it knocks the opponent away.

B Up: Hill Jump: A dirt hill appears on the ground or floats in the air as the rider drives up it and jumps it with his bike. When driving off the hill, the rider can perform tricks that double as attacks by pressing the A button as long as he is in the air. The hill, if in the air, floats for a few seconds before falling. This hill can also be used to make barriers for the other opponents to overcome. If the move is used again after landing when the hill is still out, the hill simply teleports to where the rider is and the rider drives up it again.

B Down: Power Charge: The rider gets on his bike, but does not drive it. He just stays in place and revs up, causing the rider's energy bar to fill up, which can make his attacks and defenses more powerful. This is still slow, but charges faster than just attacking and defending to charge it normally. If others try to attack the rider, a flame shield will protect the rider, damaging opponents that attack and reflecting projectiles. This shield only comes up once per use of the move, and it doesn't always come up, which could leave the rider defenseless and vulnerable.

Final Smash: Excite Racers and Truck

The rider charges at his opponents, and if he does not hit, nothing happens. If he hits, a cutscene happens, starting with the opponents falling on an Excitebike track, where Excitebike racers go through it and ram the opponents repeatedly. Then, an Excite Truck, driven by the rider himself, comes and rams into the opponents, sending them flying and possibly KOing them.

What do you all think?
I'm liking it. More Excite love is always welcome in my book!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Excitebiker would be awesome! I'd love a fighter who was always on their bike. Super unique! A side B + up B, in a similar vein to Wario, would work just fine for recovery (though I'd imagine the up B being less of a corkscrew and more of an exhaust blast, similar to Fox's Fire Fox)

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Eh, why not? I guess a character on a bike would make an interesting character for Smash. We’ve had some unexpected but interesting choices for playable characters before, right? This would obviously be Excitebike's Victory Theme:

Last edited:
Top Bottom