• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Volunteers Needed!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
All, we need your help to make Apex 2014 the best it can be! We're looking for dedicated individuals who can spend the weekend helping make things run smoothly. It's desired that any volunteers will be largely going to the event to help instead of participating but that doesn't mean that it's limited to that. If you're entering we can still accommodate working with you. But I'm going to be doing my best personally to running a tighter ship with all of those we accept to be volunteers.

We're currently looking for the following:
  • Badge checks
  • Registration
  • Refs
There are other positions that I'll nail down so don't worry if you're not interested in helping with any of these (those it's encouraged to be open to any of these) there's plenty to do!

Thanks all :D

https://www.apex-series.com/volunteer/

You can sign up with the above link.

ALSO: Just sharing this link around and encouraging others to sign-up or if you know anyone who has previous tournament helping/convention experience and asking them, helps a lot.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
when's the deadline to sign up? i'll sign up once i can confirm my attendance (so far i just have the hotel room but havent booked the time off work)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Volunteer applications will be up through the end of Nov. So you have some time :)

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
If she doesn't become a security guard something is wrong with this world

[10:57:56 AM] Stef: SIR I NEED TO SEE SOME I.D.
[10:58:02 AM] Stef: AND BY I.D. I DON'T MEAN "IMPOTENT ****"
sfksopkwrokjwaop;gj;asdkg'pasd;fgk,';a\sl';fl,gd'p

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I hope your Japanese translators do a better job, I wouldn't want to see that whole fiasco with coaching in brawl again.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
next year: japanese players volunteer to coach americans

is he telling me to dacus, or is he just calling me a rude name?

Zodiac

Smash Master
I filled out the volunteer form for commentating, I can mainly commentate melee, I can commentate a few match ups for brawl and a good portion of project m match ups.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I may not have mentioned this in the volunteer form but I definitely want to commentate, i commentated some sets at whobo and would like MORE EXPOSURE

jeremiahcash34

Smash Rookie
All, we need your help to make Apex 2014 the best it can be! We're looking for dedicated individuals who can spend the weekend helping make things run smoothly. It's desired that any volunteers will be largely going to the event to help instead of participating but that doesn't mean that it's limited to that. If you're entering we can still accommodate working with you. But I'm going to be doing my best personally to running a tighter ship with all of those we accept to be volunteers.

We're currently looking for the following:
  • Badge checks
  • Registration
  • Refs
There are other positions that I'll nail down so don't worry if you're not interested in helping with any of these (those it's encouraged to be open to any of these) there's plenty to do!

Thanks all :D

https://www.apex-series.com/volunteer/

You can sign up with the above link.

ALSO: Just sharing this link around and encouraging others to sign-up or if you know anyone who has previous tournament helping/convention experience and asking them, helps a lot.
can u add naruto to the ssc game

Grvnger

Smash Rookie
I'm kinda interested in this. I'm sure there's at least one thing I could help out with at next year's venue, but I want to look into it a little bit more. How much time do you think volunteers will spend doing their jobs? The entire weekend? Do you think they'll have time to play friendlies/do other stuff?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm planning all the scheduling so depending you may have an all weekend shift or you may have a day shift. It's dependent how much help we need. But I'm sure you'll have time to play casuals as I won't be asking anyone to use every moment of their time.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I got your app Verm. I'm going to be sifting through apps in the next day or two and sending out emails and what not to speak to everyone who's on board :)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I'd like to be security, but I don't even know if I'm coming, it's probably best to get some tournament experience first in the community too. :p
I like to think of myself as strong martial artist tough guy, but nope.
'Tis my dream to go to Apex 2014, but I'd probably be slowing you guys down. Thank you for the thread!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
There will be very few paid positions. As this is "volunteer" work rather than a full time staff position. But there are perks! These will be discussed when emails are sent out for approvals (in the next week or so).

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
vol·un·teer

noun\ˌvä-lən-ˈtir\
: a person who does work without getting paid to do it

XD

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Technically, volunteer positions can be unofficial work that pays below minimum wage. Source: I did it for a while on a casual basis for pocket cash

l will find peace

Smash Cadet
So you charge $40 venue vee and pay small number of staff, but ask for other people to help run your tournament without paying them......

If you make money off a tournament (which alex strife does) he should pay staff. people should stop volunteering and realize that it doesnt "help the community" in any way. youre just a sucker helping someone else turn a profit.

RingWormTheDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
So you charge $40 venue vee and pay small number of staff, but ask for other people to help run your tournament without paying them......

If you make money off a tournament (which alex strife does) he should pay staff. people should stop volunteering and realize that it doesnt "help the community" in any way. youre just a sucker helping someone else turn a profit.
So salty.

richie137

Smash Cadet
I have a question is it still openings for volunteers in this year's Apex I am thinking of getting in. I registered myself to be one again. Sorry for the extreme lateness I am graduating this May and I was planning for my internships and lost focus on this at all. I did this last year.

Top Bottom