• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Went to Hype 3.5 yesterday, I was pretty satisfied with how I performed, unfortunately I lost both of my matches on stream, I'll try to see if I can get a link to them from DeLux so I can post them.

Edit: http://www.twitch.tv/legendoflux/b/475981113
My doubles match starts at 17:45. I don't know what I was thinking going Luigi in game 2, now that I actually watch it game 1 was pretty close, in my mind at the time I felt like we got destroyed so I felt like a character change was necessary and he was my former main, oh well hindsight is 20-20.

http://www.twitch.tv/legendoflux/b/476097598
Here's the KC, MO vs Lawrence, KS crew battle, I felt pretty lame losing this one since he only had one stock and I actually did a lot better against him in singles. My match starts at 31:17. Before anyone else says it I know I was trying to force the kill way too hard in the crew battle, I was tired and just wanted to go home at that point.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
I didn't watch the games but vs I would say fair is the main tool to get in, especially when she has a turnip. But you have to mix the way you use fair (crossup, retreating, full hop fair, whatever).
Also you'll have to shield a lot and learn to punish at the right time, but only when you can (watch out for her fair to jab). When you cannot just retreat and use B.
And uair the **** outta her once she's in the air but you'll have to space it correctly or you'll eat the dair.
That's all I got off the top of my head.

Top Bottom