• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle controlling tip/trick

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry if this tip was already posted, but im sure its not well known since the competitive community tends to play without smash balls.

Some people judge pikachu's final smash to be a bit ****ty because of its wild zig zag movements, but what some dont know is that the secret to controlling the ball of electricity lies within the user BARELY tilting the stick.(from a sticks neutral central position barely and i mean BARELY tilt the stick in any direction and as soon as an action is registered, THAT is where you need to stay. any farther may result to the ball zig zaging even more) even if the stick is moved just a tad too much the ball will go out of control.

the enemys air dodge doesnt apply to you when you can controll it like a pro.

just remember as soon as a player tilts too much and looses control then thats it, the player cannot gain the control back.

have fun being on an opponents *** 24/7

(controller tip): sometimes its hard to barely tilt the stick with ur thumb on the top of the stick. to counter this i usualy put my thumb underneath the top, basicly blocking the stick from going back to the center.) if any body knows what i mean mabe you can reword what i just said in a better manner lol.

venustas

Smash Rookie
Interesting tip its just like getting a critical hit in every time by pressing a at just the right time though not a mastered. Technique for me thus far though I did manage to get iT perfect twice in a row.

:phone:

Top Bottom