• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voice Acting and Items Added to Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

NickVA.png
Well, this is a welcome surprise! Not even a month after the reveal of three new characters, the developers of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl have announced that voice acting is finally coming to the game! All of the game’s playable characters are now fully voiced with a litany of all-new voice lines for each character. You can check the full list of voice actors playing each character here:

In addition, items have also been added to the game! Originally datamined as far back as the game’s launch, fans have been anticipating the addition of items for months, and now they’re finally here. You can spice up your gameplay with a variety of props and objects from various Nickelodeon properties such as Sokka’s Boomerang from Avatar, a Krabby Patty from SpongeBob, and the Suck-O-Matic from Rocko’s Modern Life. Both of these features are now available to play with in all versions of the game.

Credits:
Writing:
Ze Diglett Ze Diglett
Editing: @Sari
Social Media: @Zerp

Author’s Note: How do you feel about voice acting and items finally coming to Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl? I probably won’t be playing with items much and I mostly filled the void with voiceover mods anyway, but it’s pretty cool that I can ditch those now in favor of actual new voice lines from official VAs!

Last edited:
Ze Diglett

Comments

I understand most of these recasts. Most of the recasted actors are dead or in very poor health like Tim Curry. The only one I don’t understand is April. Her voice actress made a guest appearance in the 2012 tmnt so she still must do occasional vo work. It’s not a big deal. It’s just the only one I can’t think of a reason for. Maybe she just wasn’t available.

Seeing as the original voice actor (Lorenzo Music) passed away years ago, the first character I looked at in the list was Garfield. Not surprising it isn't Bill Murray (too big of a name, I guess). Instead I saw Frank Welker, whom I am not familiar with.

With just a quick internet search I see that Frank Welker has a very long and illustrious career of voice acting and is currently the "main voice" of Garfield since 2007.

This guy is amazing and it's awesome to see the talent behind the update.

Between the triple reveal and the latest update, I had my interest in the game increase by a lot, and I actually thought about getting it at some point.

But now, Nickelodeon has gotten into the trend of ugly ass monkey drawings that just needs to die already. Now I'm not so sure anymore.

Between the triple reveal and the latest update, I had my interest in the game increase by a lot, and I actually thought about getting it at some point.

But now, Nickelodeon has gotten into the trend of ugly ass monkey drawings that just needs to die already. Now I'm not so sure anymore.
...this is the same company that allowed Dan Schneider to be Dan Schneider. They were never perfect angels.

Call them platform fighters, not "Smash-a-likes".

Also Jim Cummings voices 3 platform fighter characters so I don't see the big deal.
I mean we do call Metroidvanias, Maetroidvanias which is a bit unfair for nintendo considering they shouldve just been called Metroid like but yeah i think nintendo deserves one Gerne Named exclusivly after them!

Top Bottom