• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vlade's Dazzle DVC 170 Guide (Applies to Any Dazzle of Model Number 100 +)

WIDL

We Are Born
OK, while my Dazzle has been functioning at a decent level for a while now, I still have some minor issue I'd like to solve. I've read that the DVC100 tends to have sound issues, but it's a given for me that the sound ultimately desyncs when I record. It's not really the worst problem though. The worst thing for me is, because I wanna edit the stuff I record, is that there are black pixels when I open it in my editing software (Sony Vegas Pro (12 I think)). I haven't really recorded with the actual software that comes with the device, but when I use my laptop I kinda have to use VirtualDub because my laptop can't read CDs for some reason. I'm not sure if VirtualDub is the issue...

Also, the weird thing is that N64 recordings and Project M usually works out fine, but Melee always turns out weird.

TL;DR: Need help fixing sound issues/desync and black pixels.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Quick question regarding deinterlacing:

After experimenting with Blend Fields and Yadif, while I personally prefer the "smooth" gameplay that Blend Fields offers, it looks like a mess in fast-paced gameplay (Melee) in HQ video and I use Yadif instead. I haven't really tested in a more slower-paced game, but would Blend Fields look not-as severe in a slower-paced game?

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Field blend adds a motion blur -ish effect, because it blends shots from two different times. But because 2<∞, the effect works better in slower games where the lack of blended shots is less obvious.

I use a "real" deinterlaced, like yadif but better, and add motion blur myself as a separate effect (with some extra stuff to limit it in slow-moving areas to retain image sharpness).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIbvyJTm-c4

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Interesting. I thought your videos were actually uploaded in 60fps lol. I guess I'll try out your settings.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
I got a 'used - like new' Dazzle DVC 100 from Amazon a few days ago. It worked fine for about 24 hours, but now all it does when used with the Pinnacle software is give me a blank white screen. I'd been uploading and downloading various recording and editing software in the process, is it possible I deleted something I needed? Or is it malfunctioning? I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, which changed nothing.

Top Bottom