• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva México - Mexican Threats At Genesis 3

Viva México! Genesis 3 is set to have a large sum of international talent and some of the best are coming in from Mexico for every title available at the event. Thanks to the efforts and support of Genesis 3 staffer and Las Vegas tournament organizer Bear many players were able to obtain visas and make travel plans for the event. Who are the players coming so far to defend Mexico's honor at Genesis 3? Let's take a look!

Smash 64

Thanks to the efforts of the Smash 64 community fundraiser, players who would have not been able to attend from Mexico have been able to make their way here. With the legend of 64 Isai set to be in attendance as well as talent from across the globe, these players will be a serious threat at the event and are sure to represent Mexico well.

Name | Mains | Notable Placements
JaimeHR | :falcon64: | Genesis 2 (3rd) Apex 2012 (3rd) Apex 2013 (5th) Apex 2014 (7th) Apex 2015(17th)
Dext3r | :pikachu64: | Apex 2014 (9th) Apex 2015 (7th)
Mariguas | :pikachu64:/:falcon64: | Apex 2014 (4th) Apex 2015 (4th)

Melee

Players like Lugia, Rawk, Kyo, and Chango have already signed up to attend but the big three threats come from Eddy Mexico and, thanks to the Genesis 3 compendium, Javi and Twin.

Name | Mains | Notable Placements
Eddy Mexico | :luigimelee: | Genesis (33rd) Genesis 2 (17th) EVO 2013 (25th) EVO 2014 (17th) Apex 2015 (25th) EVO 2015 (25th)
Javi | :foxmelee: | Ape 2012 (4th) Apex 2013(13th) Forte 2 (4th) EVO 2014(25th) EVO 2015(17th) The Big House 5 (17th)
Twin | :falcomelee:/:marthmelee: | Forte 2 (9th)

Sadly Leo, the 14 year old Meta Knight main who took down Mr. R, will be unable to attend due to issues obtaining a visa. While he is the highest ranked player in Mexico the country has signed up in full force to show that he's not the only one who will bring on a challenge. Nalga, Oxidous, Nessiroth, Jaz, and Patch have all signed up alongside some of the highest ranked players in the region.

Name | Mains | Notable Placings | Ranked
Hyuga | :4tlink: | Smash Factor 4 (3rd) Thunderstruck Smash 4 (3rd) True Combo (3rd) | #2
Waymas | :4wario2: | Smash Factor 4 (4th) Thunderstruck Smash 4 (9th) True Combo (4th) | #4
Ryuk | :4villagerf: | Thunderstruck Smash 4 (5th) True Combo (5th) | #5
Z0mfg | :4falcon: | Smash Factor 4 (7th) | #11
Jinx | :4metaknight: | Unavailable | #12
Regi Shikimi | :4gaw: | Evo 2015 (13th) Smash 4 Worldwide (9th) True Combo (7th) | #13
---​

Mexico's G3 Trailer

As it is very plain to see Mexico is sure to make a serious dent in all of the brackets at Genesis 3. We have legends returning who have competed in the original Genesis tournaments, gained top placements at major events, and brand new talent looking to make a mark on the scene. But what will their final results be at Genesis 3? The only way to find out is to watch or attend on January 15th-17th. Registration is still open with venue prices raising on the 14th so be sure to sign up to attend as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Comments

I'm super pumped for Regi the mexican G&W, he did great this EVO losing to Dabuz (one of GW worst MUs). I think it will be great to finally see some high level G&W on the main stage.

D
Not going to lie, when I saw the MK mask, it gave me chills.

This is the only warning there will be on the matter. Any off topic and offhand comments regarding politics, racism, or anything that has nothing to do with the actual news article will be removed and/or infracted. Keep it Smash related, or keep it to yourself.

Last edited:
In honor of this news, i Shall speak in spanish.
¡Este es bueno! Los jugadores de México están ahora reconoció.¡ Los buena suerte a Génesis 3!

Last edited:
No irá Leonidas? No está demás recordar que Mariguas quedó en tercero en el nacional de japón hace 3 meses.

sucks that Leo wont make it, really wanted to see him do some work. But this will do, at least the brackets wont be unbalanced.

see people? leo is overrated
Although it's sucks that he is unable to go,the fact that he is not going to any major tourney makes me question his skills

Does anyone else notices that almost all the Smash 4 player play underrated characters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom