• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City #6 RESULTS

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
you gotta open up and be more social dont be some emo and drunky in the corner like me, if their ****ing doing a friendly, you ****ing kick them off or give them the **** for doing hogging friendlies. it wasn't crazy cramped only problem is just bathroom/ppl putting that deo on really.

I might have to bring back the stick of deordorant rule again XD

4nace

Smash Ace
This is more of an example of being afraid then anything at all. Ya it was a little cramped but it was not like you could of walked away into the more spacious area. Remember it is always the choice of the person to do things. My tournaments END on time if not early and I do not see any indication of what you said about things starting late. Again if you want to say that it is your opinion but judging by...everyone else...everything went fine.

This is why people are encouraged to talk with me cause I make sure people get a full experience. No one , sadly, is really responsible for the time you had except yourself. I am not some player that shuns the newer players I embrace them and encourage them to play what they like whether melee brawl or brawl +. This is a lesson learned to never expect people to do things for you but to be assertive.
Yeah, as a nub I thought that the tourney would actually start at 12, but it seems like an hour leniency is standard so thats cool. Still I don't see myself returning to the Espot for another tourney unless I know its a small one. You say that I could go somewhere else. Yeah, either to subway or out in the rain. Then I could sit there in a regular temperature environment. Then I could miss being called for whatever tournament I was in / sit away from all the friendlies, which is what I would've liked to be doing. Even the front was pretty crammed, as my crewmates were yelled at by the venue for sitting on the floor just a little too close to the large setups.

And yea, its cool to blame it all on us that we aren't assertive and are too scared to play smash with the big dogs. And hell, it may even be true. All I'm trying to tell you is that we aren't to blame 100% for why we didn't have fun. I'm sorry if you can't understand why the venue/setup affected our enjoyment.

I don't think your a bad guy or anything like that. I'm just trying to give you my perspective on how i enjoyed your event.
This is a lesson learned that you can't please everyone.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
we had about 12 setups for 90 people thats good. I cannot control who brings setups but we do average around 12-15 setups per event. I know you are not attempting to suggest that you know more but learn that COT4 was a major and this is a regional event it will be a big differences. Other events in the tristate area average 8-10 ( i know I am at most events and its my job usually to keep track of these things ) Also if you have issues with getting matches in always come to me I have no problem kicking people off the matches.

This is more of an example of being afraid then anything at all. Ya it was a little cramped but it was not like you could of walked away into the more spacious area. Remember it is always the choice of the person to do things. My tournaments END on time if not early and I do not see any indication of what you said about things starting late. Again if you want to say that it is your opinion but judging by...everyone else...everything went fine.

This is why people are encouraged to talk with me cause I make sure people get a full experience. No one , sadly, is really responsible for the time you had except yourself. I am not some player that shuns the newer players I embrace them and encourage them to play what they like whether melee brawl or brawl +. This is a lesson learned to never expect people to do things for you but to be assertive.
everythign about this post is perfect

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Again this is why you talk to people and let people know what is going on. It never makes sense to keep things inside. Always ask around. Sitting there not knowing what to do is one thing I never expect people to do.

Look at a player called Kingznightmare

This kid is always asking questions and is very curtious ( for an 11yr old its amazing that he is ) and I am always willing to help him and his brother BigM and Remix. They are chill people. You have to be active and not to expect things to be done especially when we are all human. I dqed you after walking around 3 times outside and all the way to the back yelling ETANO and others.

The difference between your group and his is that he and his friends were proactive and did not complain ONLINE. If they had a problem they told me in person and I have addressed it. If you look I always state there are no refunds because people like to drop out last min due to fear of getting *****. You said you had no friendlies but stated you did play 1-2 friendlies. This game is not melee and you do not need to warm up unless you play diddy or peach imo.

As far as coming back I am sorry you feel that way but I am assuring you there will never be a small turnout at my events. Why? It is because I run events on time and well. I even convinced the venue to let me use their huge downstairs basement for the next one to address the space issue.

Take it from me the type of people you seem to act like are better off just playing online because every tournament scene is the same way and we are sorry we as hosts can only do so much but if you did not like it its obviously because you have difficulty talking with people. Which , again , is no ones fault but a life lesson you will learn eventually.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ok im not as nice as alex so ill just say it

stop being such a little *****, call matches and negotiate order with everyone else on that tv, keep your ears open, ask what your next bracket matches are, and when you have a problem dont ****ing wait till you get home to ***** about it because that doesnt ****ing help anyone or solve anything. you have a mouth use it.

everyone deals with the same **** you know

4nace

Smash Ace
@ Alex

I'm sorry that I brought this up on the forums now. I just realized that it seems like I was bashing your tournaments, when all I really wanted to do was point out how my crew reacted to your tourney and see if you could make any adjustments to compensate for new players next time. I see now that my posts are just steering away any new players if they do read this, and instead what I was trying to do was see if you could make it a bit easier for them.

I really doubt i will be able to convince my three friends to come back ever, as i did literally waste the one's entire birthday since the weather backed us up. If you do want to continue just gmail me at fornace@gmail.com.

I'm not against your tournaments or the amount of people that you bring out to them. And if you do still think that we are to blame 100% then thats okay too, I hope that you continue to get good turn-outs

Cheers,
4nace

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Its not about that it is more about not talking to me DIRECTLY. I like when there is criticism but I also like talking to people during events instead of holding it in. It is useless to tell people after the fact when they have the ability to change it after.

TBH what you said would not affect my turnouts cause I can pull in a lot of people and as they say 4 ppl quit and 4 ppl join. Just learn next time not to take someone on their BIRTHDAY to a tournament even I am against that its common sense.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
@ Alex

I'm sorry that I brought this up on the forums now. I just realized that it seems like I was bashing your tournaments, when all I really wanted to do was point out how my crew reacted to your tourney and see if you could make any adjustments to compensate for new players next time. I see now that my posts are just steering away any new players if they do read this, and instead what I was trying to do was see if you could make it a bit easier for them.

I really doubt i will be able to convince my three friends to come back ever, as i did literally waste the one's entire birthday since the weather backed us up. If you do want to continue just gmail me at fornace@gmail.com.

I'm not against your tournaments or the amount of people that you bring out to them. And if you do still think that we are to blame 100% then thats okay too, I hope that you continue to get good turn-outs

Cheers,
4nace
Of course it was your fault. Nobody is responsible for you. If you're unfamiliar about how events are run than that is also on you. If you aren't assertive enough to call next instead of asking, thats on you.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Of course it was your fault. Nobody is responsible for you. If you're unfamiliar about how events are run than that is also on you. If you aren't assertive enough to call next instead of asking, thats on you.

Only time it is not their fault if its like Kingz or some little child then I blame the parents.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
i meant update by

alex when you can plz fix me and tyrants name. and atomsks too

also for characters

M2k = MK
Ally = Snake
Meep = Iceys
Anti = Snake, MK, DK, DDD
Tyrant = MK
Atomsk = Iceys, DDD, Wolf
ADHD = Diddy
ksizzle = MK, Snake, Iceys

look at all these BROKEN CHARACTERS except wolf lolol

Also, didnt put gnw for anti even tho he took game off meep cuz that win didnt help him advance in the bracket. and im not sure if mk helped atomsk advance in the bracket so someone clear that up. everything else is accurate

Zip.

Smash Lord
OOO Lets upload these other sets which all have ice climbers involved cant wait to watch ppl run away for an entire match then die when they make a mistake in their running away.
wow i lol'd quite a bit at this..
*sigs*

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
neos my boy but i'll pretty much have to agree to disagree. This PARTY game already has many community imposed rules on it to make it competitive. Is the thought that we can impose more rules in other to limit broken tactics really that farfetched. If so, I'm this close to picking up mk and stalling/timing out everybody I play

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
characters should be oinly who advanced u in bracket. if they prevented u from advancing, that character still changed how u did in tourney

only match or two match wonders shouldnt count

it should only be characters u primarily used in the tournament. one set shouldnt count imo

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
This game is not melee and you do not need to warm up unless you play diddy or peach imo.
I would add Sonic into that as well. Sometimes my momentum is not on until like my seventh or twelfth match of the day. Same for my Peach

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I completely 100% disagree with this statement
Maybe it should've been phrased as "This is not Melee and does not require AS MUCH warm up". At least that's how I feel, but then I again I don't play this game as much.

But I know that going in cold for a Melee tourny is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i still disagree with that as well lol

in fact for how i play in both games, i might even go as far as to say i need more warm up in brawl

warm up as in day of practice before tourney matches. preparing for a game with a few days in advance is completely different. that i would use more for my tech skill in preparing for melee to make sure all my techs are on key and stuff like that. in terms of warm up its more for my thoguht process and preparing on how i play the game. with combos in melee as soon as I start one move i know what to follow up when and how, but with the emphasis on spacing and smart gameplay in brawl, thats something i need to adjust more to on the spot.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I think it's all personal preference...but majority of Melee players I talk to would all agree that day of practice is required before doing any tourny matches (especially fox players). It's all about warming up your hands and mind, sure you know what combos you'll do...but you need that extra half hour even hour to warm yourself up to get in the groove. Because everything you do matters and there's no room for error.

Cause I can play and practice my tech skill all week but day of is what matters.

Just an IMO.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think it's all personal preference...but majority of Melee players I talk to would all agree that day of practice is required before doing any tourny matches (especially fox players). It's all about warming up your hands and mind, sure you know what combos you'll do...but you need that extra half hour even hour to warm yourself up to get in the groove. Because everything you do matters and there's no room for error.

Cause I can play and practice my tech skill all week but day of is what matters.

Just an IMO.
Completely agree, and actually I'd say as much warming up is required for the Falcon players as the Fox ones on the day of. You have to be ridiculously precise with everything (especially tech chasing) and on point. One **** up means the opponent living and coming back to take your stock.

LanceStern

Smash Lord

m2k- lol you play homo!!! im prolly gonna rage quit all our matches now =(. why do you play mad gayer against me than lain? Makes me sad T__T. Just dont fly under the stage it is kinda the equavalance of jigglypuff pounding to stall no offense, but good **** literally outplaying and camping me.
Well what about chaingrabbing? Tell him in the beginning of the match "I won't chain grab you" and he probably won't play cheap.

Just saying

Top Bottom