• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridi immortalized as a mii costume! Great job everyone!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, condolences and congratulations. I was expecting a sadder mood in the thread, but I digress. The Mii is surprisingly close in appearance to actual Viridi.

I'm happy for you guys . :)

:231:

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Honestly, I personally feel that this is a little sign for bigger things for Viridi in the future.:) While she was probably THE only other KI character I supported for Smash, other than Palutena, who I'll admit was MUCH higher on my want list than Viridi, pre-Smash 4's initial release. TBH, this is still an awesome condolence for her not being playable this Smash. We can at least hope for Smash 5, right?:)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wll i morely wanted her playable but..

Atleast its the one mii suit that looks fantasic and you can give her a face that looks like her.

Maybe in smash 5 she will upgrade from costume to playable.

EDIT: correction from stage background/costume to playable.

Last edited:
I honestly can only see a singular way this could ever be remotely bad news. Claims that she is a mii fighter because of lack of moveset potential. But that argument could be countered so easily it wouldnt even matter.

We get a humongous amount of extra exposure from this and it isn't like we ever had a shot to begin with. All this does is help for the future. Good news all around :bluejump:

except I have no way to buy the actual costumes

Sidboylol

Smash Cadet

Fun fact. Did you know? Viridi's VA is Hynden Walch and she did also Alice in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix. By far the best new voice for Alice.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
The Viridi Mii costume looks great! It's my favorite so far and it's nice that she's got some recognition in Smash. Let's hope she can be promoted to playable status in the future!

Troykv

Smash Master
The Viridi Outfil looks awesome.

Oh wow... the differences in the reactions when the character is or isn't considered an "actual viable character for SmashBallot"

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

Who let me buy Mii Costumes?!?? I shouldn't be allowed to have Mii Costumes.

I found Viridi the only one worth buying. About time they have a costume of a character that's exclusively female (I guess Samus's costume was first but even then it was just an ambiguously gender neutral looking suit). The Mii I'm using is male and it doesn't even matter! xD
I love how flowy the hair is.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
It's certainly the best looking Mii Costume. It shows that it was created with a lot of love and care.

Who let me buy Mii Costumes?!?? I shouldn't be allowed to have Mii Costumes.

I found Viridi the only one worth buying. About time they have a costume of a character that's exclusively female (I guess Samus's costume was first but even then it was just an ambiguously gender neutral looking suit). The Mii I'm using is male and it doesn't even matter! xD
I love how flowy the hair is.
Don't give Sakurai ideas, or we will get another Kid Icarus game introducing Vaardi as a canon character.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Smash was a traumatic experience for him and it took a toll on his sanity.
That Mii face would probably look terrifying with the Toad costume.

Back to topic, her staff weapon being used for the Mii Swordfighter opens the gates for other staff/spear wielding characters to get Mii costume treatment.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Smash was a traumatic experience for him and it took a toll on his sanity.
That Mii face would probably look terrifying with the Toad costume.

Back to topic, her staff weapon being used for the Mii Swordfighter opens the gates for other staff/spear wielding characters to get Mii costume treatment.
R.I.P. Ganon, Azura, and Lana.

Last edited:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Yikes. I respect the "Close enough. Whelp, that was a nice amount of effort we put in! See you all next week!" attitude that some of you are adopting here, but come on guys! Don't give up on Viridi's chances for Smash 4 simply because of a 0.79€ wig you can make some bloke wear.

Last edited:

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
I'm surprised that Viridi got a costume to be honest.That might be because despite what posts have been here I still felt like she wasn't that popular so getting a Mii costume is pretty exciting for me. Bit sad this may mean she doesn't win the Ballot (2 days HYPE) but that's not a guarantee (probs not gonna happen though :( )

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm also happy that the pre-made Mii is so close to her in appearence, it pretty much looks exactly like her tbh.

Yikes. I respect the "Close enough. Whelp, that was a nice amount of effort we put in! See you all next week!" attitude that some of you are adopting here, but come on guys! Don't give up on Viridi's chances for Smash 4 simply because of a 0.79€ wig you can make some bloke wear.
Optimism is nice and all but Viridi had about as much of a chance as the Eggpant wizard, zero.

A mii costume is infinitely better than nothing. It doesn't matter how hard we can campaign, unless Etika (hurl) or some other really big name had said "vote Viridi" we never even had a chance of having a chance. The costume is the best thing we ever could have possibly gotten either than an AT or something but that wouldn't be DLC.

Am "giving up"? yes. But that is because it was never a good pursuit in the first place and I always knew that. Hopefully the costume is just the start though. I will definitely still be supporting when Smash 5 speculation rolls around and the mii costume will be ammo.;)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
One down, more chances for Medusa! :awesome:

Joke aside, having a Viridi costume is a nice thing. First of all, it's shows Sakurai's Bias once again how Viridi is getting important in the KI universe, and also...

THAT HAIRCUT IS SUPER AWESOME.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cheer up guys, at least it isn't like what happened to Hades and Medusa (who were both brushed aside from the Palutena Guidances and had less of a presence than her). Hades having such a small role in Smash is surprising at least since he was so well received by fans and critics alike, his quirky conversations would have went well with the Ganondorf Guidance.

That being said, I am now on Team Viridi thanks to realizing the potential she has with her scythe (Mii Fighter Costume aside). But who's to say that most of the Kid Icarus runner ups, even Mr. Grumpy Cloud fan, would be great characters for Smash. Going to downloaded as this baby tonight since she would look good next to my Toad and Rathalos Hunter Miis.

Hate to admit it but it seems it is officially a staff. . . Both the english and japanese smash bros pages label it as such (well google translate calls it a cane but close enough) and I can't find any references to it being a scythe.

I mean it's semantics and could easily be used as a scythe and I will continue to say it should be included as moveset potential but for now, officially, she does not have a scythe (for some odd reason) :/

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm still gonna call it a scythe 'cos c'mon it's right there in the "Goddess of Nature" bit!

Plus she does mow down swathes of humans so the natural world can grow...~

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I am with you guys. Come on, there is still hope. FIght to the last moment, still the suit looks great.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I lovelovelove this costume! The design features so many details, and the way her hair flows is great! Now I just need to decide on the best Special Move set to use. :)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I still have hopes for Lana. Anyway, the ballot officially closes very soon and anything can happen. We may end up with some REAL surprises instead of the expected stuff.
I hope so, because the expected stuff is really kinda lame.
I'd be so down for Lana and Cia costumes. So that I may dress my Mii as them.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Optimism is nice and all but Viridi had about as much of a chance as the Eggpant wizard, zero.

A mii costume is infinitely better than nothing. It doesn't matter how hard we can campaign, unless Etika (hurl) or some other really big name had said "vote Viridi" we never even had a chance of having a chance. The costume is the best thing we ever could have possibly gotten either than an AT or something but that wouldn't be DLC.

Am "giving up"? yes. But that is because it was never a good pursuit in the first place and I always knew that. Hopefully the costume is just the start though. I will definitely still be supporting when Smash 5 speculation rolls around and the mii costume will be ammo.;)
Eh, I'm pretty sure she had some chances. From what I've heard, Viridi is rather a popular character.

I really don't see why some people assume that a Mii's fancy shmancy dress outright deconfirms a character, because it's purely aesthetic, it doesn't even look exactly like the character it represents, one can give the costume a really odd face, and the moveset may not bear any similarities to what the actual character's moveset would play like.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It really is too bad that Viridi couldn't be added to this Smash (or at least, as far as I know. Sakurai could always throw us for a loop.) so I'm waiting or Smash 5, folks! Maybe Viridi and the Forces of Nature will get their chance...another day...:p

Last edited:

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
Well we can always hope for a project M for Smash 4 as I think people have started finding ways to hack the 3DS (idk about wiiu) but whether or not someone would create a Project M for smash 4 is another story...

hehe snuck in one last supporter before the end of the ballot bringing us all the way up to 40. Pretty good for a thread for a character from an "overrepped" series, with 2 other more popular characters, and from a group ith very very little advertising (I think I only ever bumped this thread once.

I would say this thread was, in the end, a great sucess

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, do you think there is a VERY small chance that Viridi's Mii outfit IS hinting at her being playable? I ask cause of King K. Rool's outfit

Hey guys, do you think there is a VERY small chance that Viridi's Mii outfit IS hinting at her being playable? I ask cause of King K. Rool's outfit
Sorry for the pessimism/realism buuuuuuuuuut
No.
Viridi is such an unpopular character with so much KI content int the game already there is no way it is happening.

Duckus6

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1606-9357
Sorry for the pessimism/realism buuuuuuuuuut
No.
Viridi is such an unpopular character with so much KI content int the game already there is no way it is happening.
We can always believe for SSB5 (or whatever it's gonna be called) in 10 or so years time

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's from this japanese website: http://ikusaba.client.jp/character/index.htm

There's tons of Smash related fan arts, even of minor characters such as Lubba from Mario Galaxy.

I don't really know what the first category means, but in the second category, when you get past Xenoblade characters, there's an array of unplayable series, such as Advance Wars, Golden Sun, but even smaller ones like Zangeki no Reginleiv ou Disaster: Day of Crisis!

Althought the art isn't that great, this really shows that there's still lots of unrepresented series.

I suppose I should follow the trend of having a goodbye post. This was my first eal therad I believe. One of 2 actually. This one faired far better. It was an enjoyable experience righting that mess of an OP after a while for something thousands of posts ago.

Im happy to see there were plenty of people willing to look beyond the series someone comes from and see the natural potential of Viridi. Hopefully, by Smash 5, KIU2 is a reality and we'll have half a chance in Hell. Maybe mii costume will be a helpful point later. Who knows. We sure don't. Until then I hope you guys head over to the new group and have some fun. ii haven't been asked for any invites so i'm a little worried but oh well.

See you all some other time my Forces of Nature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom