• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anna VS. Lucina VS. Roy war??? Ike was right..... You'll get no sympathy from Fire Emblem Fans! Well.... I'm one of them...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anna would be my top pick as the newest Fire Emblem newcomer, I just find her so awesome. Then followed by Lyn and then Lucina/Chrom.

Anna VS. Lucina VS. Roy war??? Ike was right..... You'll get no sympathy from Fire Emblem Fans! Well.... I'm one of them...
"You get no sympathy in a Fire Emblem Discussion." Truer words were never spoken.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anna would be my top pick as the newest Fire Emblem newcomer, I just find her so awesome. Then followed by Lyn and then Lucina/Chrom.

"You get no sympathy in a Fire Emblem Discussion." Truer words were never spoken.
I agree. Lyn....Chrom...there are just too many good characters to pick from.

#Jamming-to-ProfessorLaytonMusic

D

Deleted member

Honestly this has to be one of the worst Fire Emblem ideas yet. In my own, personal, humble, lowly opinion of coarse.
Ironic, when you support Impa of all characters. :laugh:

EDIT: Funny thing is, both Anna and Impa are comparable; they are both recurring characters for their series and have shown at least some degree in combat skill in the most recent game in their series.

Though Anna by comparison surpasses Impa, which is probably why you hate her. :smirk:
Don't feel too bad; it's hard to compete with a series mascot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
>Waluigi, Dr.Mario, Anna, Wreck-It-Ralph
>Good choices

Anna only isn't a mascot. Neither is she important to the game or story at all.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anna is pretty much everywhere in Fire Emblem Awakening, she may not have too much of a big role in that game in terms of story. But she is a merchant who you occasionally help out or buy stuff from her. And she plays a bit of a role in two of the side stories. Not to mention she manages the Outrealm Gate. Even though that's actually her sisters doing most of these things. It is the first time though that she joins you and fights alongside you in the Fire Emblem series. It may not be big (and I haven't played any other Fire Emblem game besides Awakening so I might be wrong on this) as compared to other Fire Emblem characters. But I would assume that Awakening is where she had the biggest role yet in the series. So I'd say she would still be one of the more recognizable characters in that game.

My apologies if I'm wrong here since like I said, I only played Awakening but from my understanding, this game is where she had the most to do in it....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
>Good choices

In Japan, she's considered as one and often appears in promotional material.

Besides, Anna is definitely recognized by anyone who's played a FE game, no matter what.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anna is recognized by anyone who's played whatever Fire Emblem game, barring Gaiden. For example, people who played FE7 or Sacred Stones, but didn't play the Tellius games or the Akaneia games would get a recognized face from the series, which doesn't happen with Marth, Roy or Ike.

D

Deleted member

>Good choices

Waluigi: A character people actually give a **** about, unlike Impa.
Dr. Mario: Star of his own games, unlike Impa.
Anna: Series Mascot, unlike Impa.
Wreck-It Ralph: Epic, unlike Impa.

Impa's just a mere cutscene character that was a fail of a guardian (the only reason she seemed good was because of Link's initial incompetence; once he matured, Impa was just a joke).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Anna is recognized by anyone who's played whatever Fire Emblem game, barring Gaiden. For example, people who played FE7 or Sacred Stones, but didn't play the Tellius games or the Akaneia games would get a recognized face from the series, which doesn't happen with Marth, Roy or Ike.
How big are her roles in the other games though? I know she's a merchant and appears in one of the tutorials in one of the games, as well as when you suspend the games. I guess I'll have a look on Youtube if I can find out more about her. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Waluigi: A character people actually give a **** about, unlike Impa.
Dr. Mario: Star of his own games, unlike Impa.
Anna: Series Mascot, unlike Impa.
Wreck-It Ralph: Epic, unlike Impa.

Impa's just a mere cutscene character that was a fail of a guardian (the only reason she seemed good was because of Link's initial incompetence; once he matured, Impa was just a joke).
Waluigi: Only loved by trolls and Mario Party-loving scrubs. Generally hated even more than Tingle.
Dr.Mario: Least inspired clone character Smash ever had. And yes, this is counting Luigi in 64.
Anna: Runs a few shops and her most important roles generally only have her saying: 'You sure you want to quit?' Now is a Trickster, whoo-hoo. (And of coarse she's more popular in Japan, people actually know of her over there) Massively outnumbered in fan-support of Chrom, Lucina and even the Avatar.
Wreck-It-Ralph: Epic? Pure bias.

Also:

>Implying Link with the full Triforce on him isn't capable of raiding Armageddeon on his own.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't want to sound like some snide mod-wannabe, but please, this is the ANNA thread, NOT the IMPA thread.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Waluigi & Dr. Mario: Sakurai thought them good enough to be included in Smash. End of Story. :troll:
Anna: Think about this: Why did they decide to promote her to a playable unit in Awakening? Get what I mean? :smirk:
Wreck-It-Ralph: No comments here.

Impa: Thanks to you, we've learnt to hate her. Keep up the good job! :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Waluigi: Only loved by trolls and Mario Party-loving scrubs. Generally hated even more than Tingle. How immature to insult the fanbase. I can easily say that Impa is only loved by those too high on week to think straight, and it would be just as malicious and inaccurate as what you said. Aside from that, you're going to prove that Waluigi is hated more than Tingle to be taken seriously. While Tingle's hatred is overblown, it still was strong enough to influence Nintendo to exclude him from Twilight Princess and not release his games in America. Waluigi's "hatebase" hasn't had any influence. Mario Kart 7 is the only game that notably excluded him, but the character selection was rather strange in itself.
Dr.Mario: Least inspired clone character Smash ever had. And yes, this is counting Luigi in 64. No, Young Link is. At least Dr. Mario is the star of his own series; Young Link is just OoT Link as a kid.
Anna: Runs a few shops and her most important roles generally only have her saying: 'You sure you want to quit?' Now is a Trickster, whoo-hoo. (And of coarse she's more popular in Japan, people actually know of her over there) Massively outnumbered in fan-support of Chrom, Lucina and even the Avatar. "Massively outnumbered"? Lol. Only Chrom significantly outnumbers Anna, as he outnumbers EVERYONE other than Roy; Lucina is on par with Anna and hardly anyone off this site brings up the Avatar.
Aside from that, you really want to discredit Anna's role? Don't throw stones in a glass house, as Impa hasn't really done anything outside of Skyward Sword, where she gets pissy at Link for incompetence and has to get her ass saved by Link when he becomes competent, whoo-hoo.
No seriously. All other games, she's simply Zelda's caretaker, and went off to be one of the Sages in OoT.
Also Massively outnumbered in fan-support of Ghirahim, Toon Zelda, and even Tingle. And unlike your example, this one is accurate. Hardly anyone gives a crap about Impa.
Wreck-It-Ralph: Epic? Pure bias. Try telling that to everyone that liked the movie (including Sakurai, by the way). And yes, the number of people that like Ralph outnumber the select few that like Impa.

Also:

>Implying Link with the full Triforce on him isn't capable of raiding Armageddeon on his own.
>Implying this has any point in this discussion.
Responses in red.
Since this is the Anna thread, not the Impacile thread, I'll stop talking about her after this post.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If this was the kind of game to have a rivals system (which I don't think it is) Anna would be Wario's. Could just imagine the Cutscene with them fighting gold coins..

Speculator

Smash Ace
>Good choices
Are you really greentexting to try and get your point across? Is that seriously happening? I hope you look back on these posts in a few years and realise how conceited you sound.

On Anna, I like her a lot and I think she's a really cool unit, but it would surprise me if a non-main character made it in as a playable SSB fighter. I have a hunch Fire Emblem is going to get three slots this time, since Ike doesn't warrant removal in the same way Roy did. Of course the newcomer of choice would seem to be Chrom, but that would mean having another sword-wielding Lord. Perhaps they can make him an intermediate between Marth and Ike as a sort of middleweight.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
You can put me on the supporters list, because she would make a good candidate for a 4 or even 5 FE character roster.
This is the FE characters i'm thinking in SSB4
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Anna
if 5, Roy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, its pretty much Anna vs. Lucina vs. Chrom as they are all competing with each other as to who to represent FE13 and generally most of their fans tend to be FE13 fans (though Anna has some non-FE13 fans).

Roy's fans are a completely different fanbase, and generally much larger than all of those characters.

It will be interesting to see if Anna and Lucina become more popularly requested than Chrom (who right now is the second most wanted FE character for Smash 4). Lucina is handicapped by her strong similarities to Marth, while Anna is hurt by not being a lord, and overall, having very little storyline significance to the series despite making a cameo in almost every title.

Right now, it seems the popularity for Anna and Lucina is about even with each other.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She is one of the most pointless classes in the game

Get a character with a REAL class like General

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You can put me on the supporters list, because she would make a good candidate for a 4 or even 5 FE character roster.
This is the FE characters i'm thinking in SSB4
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Anna
if 5, Roy.
Okay, I've added your name to the supporters list.

No, its pretty much Anna vs. Lucina vs. Chrom as they are all competing with each other as to who to represent FE13 and generally most of their fans tend to be FE13 fans (though Anna has some non-FE13 fans).

Roy's fans are a completely different fanbase, and generally much larger than all of those characters.

It will be interesting to see if Anna and Lucina become more popularly requested than Chrom (who right now is the second most wanted FE character for Smash 4). Lucina is handicapped by her strong similarities to Marth, while Anna is hurt by not being a lord, and overall, having very little storyline significance to the series despite making a cameo in almost every title.

Right now, it seems the popularity for Anna and Lucina is about even with each other.
Yeah, I think Anna is more or less tied with Chrom and Lucina. For me, she is the most interesting out of the three.

By the way, Chrono, how is Anna's popularity in Japan? Is she really considered a series mascot in Japan?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
She is one of the most pointless classes in the game

Get a character with a REAL class like General
I like the trickster class, sure her stats are shaky, but re-class her back as a thief so her stats are better when promoted back, that's what I did.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I like the trickster class, sure her stats are shaky, but re-class her back as a thief so her stats are better when promoted back, that's what I did.
I agree. The Trickster class was also decent if you picked up a few other skills along the way.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I just want to say that for the record, I never meant to start war. I just wanted to note a new rival, and thus rile up supporters. That's all.

Sorry, from one of the 'Leaders' of the Lucina supporters.

thoughistilldontsupportanna

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I just want to say that for the record, I never meant to start war. I just wanted to note a new rival, and thus rile up supporters. That's all.

Sorry, from the 'Leader' of the Lucina supporters.

thoughistilldontsupportanna
Umm, in a sense Vinyl, me, and you are all leaders of that group, but I betting on a 5 person roster so don't worry.
and don't freak out like a fan-boy, too, just saying

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Anna's never getting in before a main character. Shes the type of side character who'd get in as a trophy. Nothing more.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think Anna is more or less tied with Chrom and Lucina. For me, she is the most interesting out of the three.

By the way, Chrono, how is Anna's popularity in Japan? Is she really considered a series mascot in Japan?
Chrom definitely has the edge over Anna and Lucina in terms of requests for Smash 4, but I think he has barely any passionate supporters.

In Japan, Roy is among the most wanted characters for Smash 4 (probably the second most wanted character for Smash 4 overall, first being Mewtwo). The second most wanted FE character is of course Chrom.

Lucina surprisingly does not get much requests in Japan (which is really bad considering she is incredibly popular among FE fans there, and Japanese Smash Bros. fans have less of a problem with clones than their Western counterparts).

I don't think I have seen any requests for Anna among Japanese Smash Bros. fans, and if I did, it was probably only once. As for Anna's Japanese popularity, for the official FE13 poll, she did not even rank among the Top 10 most popular female characters for that game (which contrasts with her Western popularity, where she had nearly as much votes as Chrom).

I think if Anna gets in, it will come either as an idea that Sakurai himself has, or it gets suggested to him by IS (this is how Ike got in).

Sakurai's dilemma is that both Chrom and Lucina are similar to lords who are already in Smash Bros, and there is a lot of requests for Roy to come back, and he knows if he cuts Ike there will be a massive backlash even if he were to give Ike's moveset to Chrom. There is a chance that Sakurai will approach IS about this because while Sakurai likes to usually give attention to whatever is currently going on with Nintendo's franchises, and while FE13 was successful, the stars for them don't really stand out compared to what is currently on the roster.

Also, hypothetically, supposing Sakurai does bring in Marth, Roy, Ike, and Chrom/Lucina, he will then be saddled with an even bigger fanbase for Chom/Lucina when Smash 5 rolls around (as a result of being playable in Smash Bros.) and be stuck with either a lord similar to Ike or a lord similar to Marth. I think Chrom is also going to fall down the memory hole after FE13, and Lucina is basically a genderswap version of Marth. If those two were not the most recent lords, they probably would have few requests for Smash 4.

I do think Sakurai would be more partial to the idea of Anna than Chrom/Lucina because she would certainly stand out a lot more. However, the problem is whether the idea even comes to Sakurai or IS, and there is no indication that it will.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anna's never getting in before a main character. Shes the type of side character who'd get in as a trophy. Nothing more.
While she may not be a main character, she has a mascot status in Japan, so that may favor her chances a bit more.

Anna may be likelier than you might think, but I'm not going to argue against your opinion.

Interesting to know that Anna's more popular in the West than in Japan. That was unexpected, I must admit.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its important to note that Sakurai himself is a huge fan of the FE series, so he likely does know who Anna is.

Another interesting thing to point out, is that the tutorial for FE9 (which Anna hosts) was only for the Western version of that game. Anna did not become a tutorial host for Japan until FE10.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
You're putting words in my mouth. I don't think Chrom is for sure 100% getting in. Chrono simply said that Chrom would be forgotten after FE13, I reminded him that if hes in smash he will never be forgotten.

What far fetched implications you take from the three sentences I said are not necessarily true. I meant all that was said and that's it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You're putting words in my mouth. I don't think Chrom is for sure 100% getting in. Chrono simply said that Chrom would be forgotten after FE13, I reminded him that if hes in smash he will never be forgotten.
No character that is in Smash Bros. as a playable character is forgotten. I mean people still talk about Dr. Mario and Pichu. Its pretty obvious, and within the context of my message, I was talking about Chrom failing to make it in Smash 4 would not be a big deal because he is most likely going to fall down the memory hole if he fails to get in.

Top Bottom