• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vinnie presents: Uprise of Long Island #5! *PRE-COT5 PREP!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnie

Smash Master
941 Hempstead Turnpike
Franklin Square, NY 11010

DATE: Saturday June 18th, 2011

HOSTS: Vinnie

ALLISBRAWL LINK: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12138 - Please click "I am attending".

EVENTS:
Venue Fee: $10 *I can't do anything about lowering this, but trust me it's a really great venue, very easy to get to through public transportation, it has couches, and it's quite large, and apparently it would fit 50+ people completely comfortably*
Doubles: $5.00 per person, $10.00 per team.
Singles: $10.00 per person.
Random singles: $5.00 per person

RULES
- 3 Stock
- 8 min. time limit
- Ledge grab limit: 40
- No Items
- Double Elimination
- All standing and walking infinites are banned except for ICs
- Mk's Infinite cape is BANNED
- DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
- If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
- If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player's realized it or not.
- If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
- Each set is Best of 3. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

PAYOUT:

Singles

1st -50%
2nd -25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

Doubles

1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd- 10%

STAGES:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lol. It's on the date I can't go. Bummer. GL with this.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I got off every weekend so Im down lemme know now who may need a carpool.

Raptor I want a rematch on that money match maybe for 5$ this time ;)

And damn RJ I wish you were coming so we could play that hype set back again!!!!

Tony T

Smash Ace
I got off every weekend so Im down lemme know now who may need a carpool.

Raptor I want a rematch on that money match maybe for 5$ this time ;)

And damn RJ I wish you were coming so we could play that hype set back again!!!!
IDK if I'm coming to this but if you are coming to NJ on July 9th for Pray N Trade or Aug 13th for KTAR 6 can I rematch you this time $5mm PT vs Lucario?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
lol im sorry tony but Im not sure who you are....could you lemme know.

if thats you RJ then yea Im down with it!!! I should be able to come to all those tournies no issue just jesus I hate tripping into jersey

Tony T

Smash Ace
@Xzax I don't think I'm coming to this so I'll mm you at Pray N Trade or KTAR 6 alright?
Also I wont be free like last time because I may not only use Lucario this time I may surprise you lol.

Vinnie

Smash Master
MikeHAZE is no longer coming, he waited too long to purchase his plane ticket.

Hopefully this is still hype though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom