• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villains Wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash Bros Ultimate is shaping up to have the most villains of any Smash game thus far. Females and bad guys are two categories that Smash has notoriously lacked in a playable form over the years. Smash 4 helped with the shortage of women by adding in a handful of female newcomers including Palutena, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, and Bayonetta. Smash Ultimate seems to be continuing this trend with the addition of Inkling, Daisy, and Isabelle. Now that many of Nintendo's most beloved females have become playable, it's the villains turn to finally join Smash. We've already seen Ridley, King K. Rool, and Dark Samus join the roster this time around. So what other villains could potentially appear playable? Anyone is eligible on this form, whether they're a first or third party, been missing in action for 20 years, or already appear as an assist trophy or boss. Leave a top ten or wishlist below. Every week I will tally the votes and post who the most wanted villains are.

Tallying Method
Wishlist-
If you post a wishlist, everyone on it will receive one vote.
Ranked List- If you post a ranked list, like a top ten, the number one listed villain will receive three votes. Everyone else in the top five will receive two, and everyone under the top five will receive one.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Here is the Wishlist of All the Villains I wanna see in this game:
A. Evil Ryu(Street Fighter)
B. Akuma(Street Fighter)
C. Malos(Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
D. Vile(Megaman X)
E. Shadow(Sonic)
F. Metal Mario(SSB64)
G. Master Hand
H. Crazy Hand
I. Giegue(Mewtwo Echo Fighter) from Earthbound Beginnings[Maybe his attacks could be RED in reference to the Red Fetus he'd become in Earthbound]
J. Medusa(Kid Icarus)
K. Toc-Man(Pacman Villain in Pacman World 1 video game)
L. Masked Man(Basically an Echo fighter of Lucas; Complete with Laser Sword replacing Lucas' Sticks) from Mother 3
M. Shake King(Wario Echo Fighter from Wario Land Shake It)
N. Octoling(Inkling Echo Fighter)
O. Hilda[Zelda Echo Fighter; She WAS the Secondary Antagonist of A Link between Worlds; AND Zelda has her ALBW Incarnation in Super Smash bros Ultimate, and since She doesn't have an Alt based off of Hilda(at least not in the demo build); HILDA COULD BE HER ECHO FIGHTER]
P. Black Shadow[Echo fighter for Captain falcon; can essentially be the OLD Ganondorf from Brawl & SSB4, As far as the Darkness Effects instead of Fire)

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm, I'll try and go for a top ten.
10. Cia (Legend of Zelda)
9. Captain Syrup (Wario)
8. Doctor Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
7. Masked Man (Mother/EarthBound)
6. Marx (Kirby)
5. Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
4. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
3. Heihachi (Tekken)
2. Octolings (Splatoon)
1. Giygas/Giegue (Mother/EarthBound)

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I'll be a little conservative with mine (mostly "likely" characters)

1: Skull Kid
2: Black Shadow
3: Black Knight
4: Medusa
5: Galacta Knight

Never going to happen: Petey Piranha

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm kinda doubting Heros Vs Villains is a real theme for the game, though it would certainly make me happy if it was.

For me, the choices for villains not yet included in the game would be Pig Ganon, Medusa, Dr. Robotnik, Porky Minch, and Black Shadow.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
To clarify: I think that those villains are meant to be playable in the roster and not bosses. For bosses wishlist go here. To reply to the thread here's my villains' wishlist:

1. Kraid (Metroid) - Since we got Ridley into the game, I think that Kraid is possible (he is little in firsts installments).
  2. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
  3. Dark Link (The Legend of Zelda) - Though it would make too much Links...
  4. Sa-X (Metroid) - But we already got a Samus echo fighter...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Villains I want to play in Smash:

1. Team Rocket (Meowth, Arbok, Weezing)
  2. Ganon (ALTTP version)
  3. Overalls Wario (aka "Wario Land" Wario)
  4. Medusa
  5. Porky (in spider mech)
  6. Skull Kid
  7. King Hippo
  8. Toon Ganondorf
  9. Kamek
  10. Marx

Machete

Smash Ace
It seems quite likely that the theme of Super Smash Bros Ultimate may be Heroes VS Villains.
No it isn't. The theme of Super Smash Bros Ultimate is "Everyone is here", and that has been made abundantly clear. We have 3/9 villains purely out of the newcomers. Being a villain wasn't once mentioned by Sakurai either at a Direct or a Famitsu column as a reason Ridley, K.Rool or Dark Samus made it in, having always used popularity and requests. Ridley's trailer featured him going up against Samus because that is literally his entire raison d'être. K.Rool's trailer featured the clash of heroes and villains to highlight that he was the last big villain left. The Castlevania trailer had nothing to do with playable villains. Isabelle's trailer especially didn't have anything to do with villains. And Dark Samus was revealed in the exact same way as Chrom, without highlighting either of them as a hero or a villain.

The first person to bring up that theme was a leaker who also claimed Isabelle wasn't gonna be in the game and who got every content in the August Direct wrong, and who desperately sought attention until he nuked himself off the Internet. The theme has pretty clearly been "everyone is back", and if Ridley and K.Rool got in the game, it was because of their own merits and their immense, neverending popularity, not because there was a villain quota to be filled.

That's not to say I don't want more villains (Medusa and Black Knight are among the few characters left that could hype me up even further), but "heroes vs villains" is absolutely not a thing.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
No it isn't. The theme of Super Smash Bros Ultimate is "Everyone is here", and that has been made abundantly clear.
That's not to say I don't want more villains (Medusa and Black Knight are among the few characters left that could hype me up even further), but "heroes vs villains" is absolutely not a thing.
I feel like speaking in absolutes here isn't the best idea. I hadn't even heard of this leaker, but just looking at what we know so far, there's a lot of corroborating evidence that could point towards the theme of "Heroes vs. Villains". Again, it's not a guarantee, but looking at the character choices, the framing of the heroes against their respective adversaries in the K.Rool reveal... It's supportive of the idea. And then there's the high likelihood of receiving a story mode of some sort. While perhaps a lot of the notable nintendo villains may not end up as PLAYABLE fighters, we already know Bosses are a thing. And so far none of the bosses have been made-up OCs that no one cares about like Tabuu and the Subspace enemies. It seems Sakurai wants to give the villain characters a role that actually reflects their home games... as villains! And he wants to give all these famous iconic Nintendo heroes someone actually noteworthy to battle in the story mode instead of just literal faceless Subspace goons.

Not proof, but certainly it's easy to see how people would pick up on this being a likely theme even without a "leaker" to point them at it.

That said, there are a lot of good Echo Fighter Villain ideas in this thread...
Particularly fond of having it pointed out that Hilda is technically a villain herself.

Malos is another novel one that caught my attention.
Hopes:
Medusa
Galacta Knight
Malos
Hilda
Shadow
Akuma
Black Knight
Octolings
Masked Man/Claus
Black Shadow
...huh, I think the only unique villain fighter I want is Ganon. Ironic that he won't get in because his C.Falcon clone self is already in...

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Wishlist!

- Vaati
- Skull Kid
- Medusa (Palutena echo)
- Black Shadow (Falcon echo)
- Captain Syrup
- Magolor
- Andross (yes, Andross)
- Masked Man
- Father Balder (Bayo echo)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
-Dr. Robotnik/Eggman (Sonic)
-Captain Syrup (Wario)
-Dark Matter (Kirby)
-Medusa (Kid Icarus)
-Porky Minch (Earthbound)
-Metal Sonic (Sonic)

I actually want all of these ones playable...

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
  • Ganon (classic blue pig form)
  • Dark Matter
  • Captain Syrup
I have more but those are the high priorities.
I don't think it counts, but since someone has mentioned him, if Warioland Wario counts as a villain, then I would add him to the list as well (I'm not really satisfied with the Wario Ware Wario we have).

Last edited:

Royaru

Smash Cadet
Skull Kid/Vaati/Grahim (Zelda)
Magolor/Dark Matter (Kirby)
N&Zoroark (Pokémon)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Hardin/Black Knight (Fire emblem)
Hades (Kid Icarus)
Captain Syrus (Wario land)
Mahlos (Xenoblade)
Gigyas (Mother)
Tabu

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
I have always been a major proponent of more villains and rivals! We wouldn't have great heroes without bad*** villains. Here are my top 10 most wanted villains to be represent in Smash Ultimate.

1. Skullkid

2. Medusa

3. Marx

4. Porky Minch

5. Masked Man

6. Black Knight

7. Kamek
kamek-icon.png

8. Andross

9. Black Shadow

10. Captain Syrup

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
4) Porky
3) Skull Kid
2)Marx

and for number 1 (This character is REALLY stretching it)
1) Blastoise (As part of Blue's team) or Blue I guess but specifically Blastoise

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Porky, DJ Octavio, and Medusa are the only other 3 I care to see personally. Black Shadow and Black Knight I also wouldn't mind because they could be easy echoes ala Dark Samus (Well so could Medusa for Palutena). Porky and DJ Octavio no doubt would have to be a full blown newcomer. Problem is I just don't see it happening for either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom