• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's Punish Game

ParanoidZoid

Smash Rookie
Been working on my Villager a lot recently; what are the best combos/punish methods that the mayor has? I've noticed that if you manage to grab someone, Dthrow to nair is pretty good at low-mid percents.

Jadester

Smash Rookie
NNID
JadesterCubed
One of my favorites is to fire the rocket then run with it. If your opponent doesn't shield, lloid hits. If they stay in shield, you can get an easy grab. Of course, they can roll or jump out of it but sometimes people have bad habits ;^)

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Villagers punish game? He/she is pretty slow on the ground, so you probably arent gonna punish a move like quick attack with anything unless its the ending of dash attack (Powersheild included) Aerial punishes is where he/she excels, with quick to come out moves and huge hitboxes. I wouldnt say he is a ground based punisher though, grabs should be hard reads, dash attack should only be used for missed techs and edgeguards, Ftilt out of sheild is alright but nair is still better, Dtilt is a good juggle starter however its unsafe, Jabbing their sheild is really good, Utilt kills so try and preserve that. Hes not really a punish-ey character but he still can punish. Throws are really good imo just the grab sucks

Last edited:

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Axe OOS is insanely good as a punish move. It kills and deals great damage, all while being very quick.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Here's the short version:

Accurate powershielding is a must if you want a solid punish game, because OOS Nair is a quick and great way to punish and reset neutral.

U-tilt works wonders at high percents as well.

Top Bottom