• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Video Thread

Zurangatang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zurangatang
Lets see the Villager in action. Post what youve seen.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Nicely done against MK!

The Missile stall is very interesting. I wonder how that will come into play.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Hey Guys, I just wanted to post a match from a set I had with FOW. I think it shows some good possibilities from villager in competitive play, We haven't even scratched the surface, but it might be nice to see. I also messed around with his ledge options which Villager mains might be interested in checking out!

Jtails Villager vs FOW Metaknight

http://youtu.be/-XMoSc9LEC4

Villager Missile Stall

http://youtu.be/mNmT3TnfGl8

Last edited by a moderator:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
It's not a full match, but here's a zero to death combo/string I pulled off on For Glory!

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
I won the first smash 4 tournament at my regions weekly tournament with villager and was thinking villager mains would have loved seeing the footage.

I lost the first match in this particular set, but came back to win it eventually.

Action Kazimer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1005-9002-5481
That's some killer Villager play, zeezee. I kinda fell off the wagon once the full game dropped, but I'm pretty inspired to return to Camp Villager right now.

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
That's some killer Villager play, zeezee. I kinda fell off the wagon once the full game dropped, but I'm pretty inspired to return to Camp Villager right now.
Glad you like it and that I could influence you! More power to you, villager players.

Action Kazimer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1005-9002-5481
Glad you like it and that I could influence you! More power to you, villager players.
I actually cleaned house playing with some work buddies over lunch today. I was mistaken to play as campily as I did. Dude's got some nice, aggressive moves on him.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I won the first smash 4 tournament at my regions weekly tournament with villager and was thinking villager mains would have loved seeing the footage.

I lost the first match in this particular set, but came back to win it eventually.
dude...this is insanely awesome. Villager is my main and I've constantly been looking for new ways to improve my game. My friend I mostly play uses Shulk and Diddy. I can beat him as both but he usually wins lately because he's been figuring out my strategies. I'm going to need to start implementing some stuff you've shown here in the first video and be more aggressive for sure.:4villager::denzel:

Hong

The Strongest
Merged it into this thread. It was a thread made before the video thread, so it might look a bit messed up, but it's all here now!

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
I managed to get a set in with Jtails! I got bodied for the most part, but I did manage to beat his Diddy Kong one match at least and I thought it was fun to watch. We wanted to finish the Villager vs Diddy Kong set that's why it was 4 matches.

dude...this is insanely awesome. Villager is my main and I've constantly been looking for new ways to improve my game. My friend I mostly play uses Shulk and Diddy. I can beat him as both but he usually wins lately because he's been figuring out my strategies. I'm going to need to start implementing some stuff you've shown here in the first video and be more aggressive for sure.:4villager::denzel:
Oh dude you live in the bronx? Me too lmao. You should totally come to that Nebulous tournament that happens every sunday in chinatown, would love to get some friendlies in with another fellow villager player there.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112

Correct me if I'm seeing things....but is there a hitbox on Pocket?

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
I managed to get a set in with Jtails! I got bodied for the most part, but I did manage to beat his Diddy Kong one match at least and I thought it was fun to watch. We wanted to finish the Villager vs Diddy Kong set that's why it was 4 matches.

Oh dude you live in the bronx? Me too lmao. You should totally come to that Nebulous tournament that happens every sunday in chinatown, would love to get some friendlies in with another fellow villager player there.
Wow o_o Your villager plays incredible fast and aggressive, completely the opposite of mine haha. One of the few great villagers i've seen, that was a spectacular performance!

Correct me if I'm seeing things....but is there a hitbox on Pocket?
It's a custom move, I believe.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Villager is at 4:35. Here's a look at how my villager plays, playing in gf in a tournament with a really good shulk player named Jerm. (He's the one streaming.) As you can see, I like to camp a lot with him xD

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965

Check your messages bruh.

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418

Almost lost my motivation for Villager until seeing this. Thank you. <3

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

Dude, this is awesome. I play my Villager exactly like that, except you're even better than me XD (I'd say I'm pretty good)

I'm glad aggressive Villager is becoming a thing, and I'm not the only one. Sick. Just sick.

10/10.

Also congratz on winning.

Guys

This is the Villager's path to top tier.

Last edited:

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Your matches were great. You really show Villager's potential in the meta. Villager got pushed to being my secondary with Falcon being my main, but you're changing my mind about Villager. Thanks for posting them.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
True dat.

I think with potential like that, Villager can surely be high tier.

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Thanks for all the positive reinforcement fellars!

Just found some neat footage today of a villager player that goes by the name of Narai.
Check out his awesome walljump stuff and psychic upair kills.

Edit: Forgot to mention that he got like 4TH PLACE out of like 150 players.
Insanity.

Last edited:

Action Kazimer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1005-9002-5481
I gotta get that wall-jumping down. I usually go to the hop up Fair from the edge, but it would be nice to be able to save that grab invincibility rather than potentially re-grabbing.

Had some surprisingly decent Villager vs. ZSS and Greninja matches last night. As soon as I can get a non-potato-cam setup for uploading, I'll post here for some crits.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Awesome vids! Can't wait to see more :D

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
I got pretty far at smash NYU last week, 7th place! I fought Vinnie for who would advance from there and lost, but it was still loads of fun to see! Commentators were pretty lively during it all! ahahahaha.

Also got in another match with Ninjalink, this time online!

Posting a lot of my footage so far, let me know if I should slow down, but I will try to look for other villagers as well. Hopefully Narai joins more tournaments soon. I've played a couple of good ones, I just lost a round to a villager in a ditto match I played today online on Nintendodojo maybe we'll see that guy joining tournaments soon as well soon, who knows.

Also wanted to quickly mention because this is pretty important, but you'll see me and Narai pocket diddy's banana, Rob's disc, and Bowser jr's toy thing. The cool thing about that is that when you do that, they cant use their item until it either disappears from your pocket after a set amount of time or you throw it. Many people know that, but what a lot don't know (and you'll see me and Narai do this in our matches) is that if you re-pocket the items, (press b to take them out and press b to put them back in) you'll refresh the amount of time it spent in your pocket so you can basically infinitely keep it in your pocket if you just do that everynow and then. I'm sure most know by now, but just a thing I actually found out super recently myself lmao.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
That Vinnie match was so hype! So hilarious the commentators didn't know why you were repocketing the gyro XD

Blue Mage

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoceus
3DS FC
1762-2875-1153
I swear @ zeezee zeezee , I can't help but gawk every time I watch one of your amazing videos. Those matches were pretty hype (that match against Vinnie had me on the edge of my seat)!

Thanks for being an inspiration for us Villager players.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I got pretty far at smash NYU last week, 7th place! I fought Vinnie for who would advance from there and lost, but it was still loads of fun to see! Commentators were pretty lively during it all! ahahahaha.

Also got in another match with Ninjalink, this time online!

Posting a lot of my footage so far, let me know if I should slow down, but I will try to look for other villagers as well. Hopefully Narai joins more tournaments soon. I've played a couple of good ones, I just lost a round to a villager in a ditto match I played today online on Nintendodojo maybe we'll see that guy joining tournaments soon as well soon, who knows.

Also wanted to quickly mention because this is pretty important, but you'll see me and Narai pocket diddy's banana, Rob's disc, and Bowser jr's toy thing. The cool thing about that is that when you do that, they cant use their item until it either disappears from your pocket after a set amount of time or you throw it. Many people know that, but what a lot don't know (and you'll see me and Narai do this in our matches) is that if you re-pocket the items, (press b to take them out and press b to put them back in) you'll refresh the amount of time it spent in your pocket so you can basically infinitely keep it in your pocket if you just do that everynow and then. I'm sure most know by now, but just a thing I actually found out super recently myself lmao.
Speaking from one aggressive Villager to another, dude, you're really good. Hope you keep improvin.

Though I feel you got a bit impatient at the end in the 3rd match,but you still player really great, and that ROB had great gimp skills.

In those time I'd actually ride the rocket into the stage. If at the right height, it'll ignore projectiles, and most people have trouble smashing or whatever against it due to the fact you canc hange it's speed, so before reaching them you can slow down, then speed up again.

Or if they shield, you can just go down on em with a dair.

At least, that's how I would do it.

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Speaking from one aggressive Villager to another, dude, you're really good. Hope you keep improvin.

Though I feel you got a bit impatient at the end in the 3rd match,but you still player really great, and that ROB had great gimp skills.

In those time I'd actually ride the rocket into the stage. If at the right height, it'll ignore projectiles, and most people have trouble smashing or whatever against it due to the fact you canc hange it's speed, so before reaching them you can slow down, then speed up again.

Or if they shield, you can just go down on em with a dair.

At least, that's how I would do it.
Yeah I definitely got super impatient for the kill at the end, also because I really wanted to land down smash cause I wanted to show off that it combos well into upsmash for the stream. You'll see me dsmash like 20 times near the end cause of that lmao.

Also I love doing that but its startup is also really slow, and thats especially trouble for a character like rob who can actually deflect your lloyd and instantly send you off to die without a chance to come back. You already saw vinnie start to forward b my moves in the second or last game so I was like NOPE. I actually lost to Nairo that way, I used forward b into zeldas neutral b and just lost a stock at like 40% lmao. It sucks cause I was actually doing really good against him there too I probably would have won the second match vs Nairo if that hadn't happened no joke lmao.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yeah I definitely got super impatient for the kill at the end, also because I really wanted to land down smash cause I wanted to show off that it combos well into upsmash for the stream. You'll see me dsmash like 20 times near the end cause of that lmao.

Also I love doing that but its startup is also really slow, and thats especially trouble for a character like rob who can actually deflect your lloyd and instantly send you off to die without a chance to come back. You already saw vinnie start to forward b my moves in the second or last game so I was like NOPE. I actually lost to Nairo that way, I used forward b into zeldas neutral b and just lost a stock at like 40% lmao. It sucks cause I was actually doing really good against him there too I probably would have won the second match vs Nairo if that hadn't happened no joke lmao.
That sucks, bro. But whatchu gotta do there is prediction. They'll wait for your lloid, ready to reflect you, while you're safely riding. They'll deflect you and send you off the other way, but you just gotta jump off near the ledge and grab it.

Safest, and relatively fastest way to get back from Villager, as when he's up-bing he's kinda very vulnerable. XD

Oh and the best way to teach them not to try and deflect your lloid, is to throw it out, run at them, jump over the deflected lloid, and turnip smack them.

Last edited:

Action Kazimer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1005-9002-5481
Posting a lot of my footage so far, let me know if I should slow down
Don't you dare slow down.

If you're ever down for a mirror match or just some sets in general, lemme know, man. I'd love to see if I could adapt.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I also want to see if I can learn hands-on from a mirror match with you, Zee. Ima add ya :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom