• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Video Thread

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
got a set in with EMG SmashCentral.
this was the first match. i didnt record the rest.

the reason being....

HYPE VILLAGER DITTOS!!!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
just remember indigo jeans is a boy
@ C.Hunter C.Hunter
Ok I lied.

Indigo is a pair of jeans. Made by a clothing company. While I was store-bought from a Tea store.

This little tourney that my Highschool video game club held.

This is the only battle I used Villager on. I used other characters as well. Also, I won the tourney with only one lost!

Last edited by a moderator:

C.Hunter

Smash Rookie
back from amiibo bull****

@ C.Hunter C.Hunter , I merged your thread into the video thread

I'm not a grill btw
"Grill"... Okaaay~ But yes, I understand.

Thank you =)

Just something I don't see other Villager players do... This is from March btw

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Calling all character forums on Smashboards! We challenge you to make a Smash 4 compilation video amongst your own forum members!
Let's see if yours can top ours! May the best smasher win!
Just noting that I'll be putting my post above in the last minute of our video to call our the other forums to try and make a video like ours themselves :secretkpop:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

My first villager combo video!

I think some of these kills are actually quite creative xD

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Nice kill i did against Leon this weekend during the OffTheLan tournament :
http://gfycat.com/OddballWanIsabellineshrike
I'll also update a sick match of this tournament against the best french Shulk player "Scarhi" during the loser semifinal probably this week !
[self promote] btw feel free to follow me on twitter, i post villager-related stuff and warn people when i'm playing on stream as soon as i can ! https://twitter.com/VolyaSSB [/self promote]

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Nice kill i did against Leon this weekend during the OffTheLan tournament :
http://gfycat.com/OddballWanIsabellineshrike
I'll also update a sick match of this tournament against the best french Shulk player "Scarhi" during the loser semifinal probably this week !
[self promote] btw feel free to follow me on twitter, i post villager-related stuff and warn people when i'm playing on stream as soon as i can ! https://twitter.com/VolyaSSB [/self promote]
fixed the link
you act like i speak french
:secretkpop:

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Round 2 and 3 of me vs. Zee! I actually won this time. He still beat the crap out of me tho.

Anchor: 1

Zee: 2

Krugy

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Just had our monthly in Fargo yesterday and I got a lot of my matches on stream. I'm right on the cusp of being in top 3 every tournament but I lose to the same people every month so I appreciate any advice. I'll red/bold games I really want feedback on. Bonus: This was only my 2nd doubles tournament ever and I feel really... slow during doubles. I just kind of charge forward smashes and stand around. Any advice to wrap my head around teams matches?

http://www.twitch.tv/iron_boots3/b/670855732

Doubles Matches:
1:56 vs USA
3:13 vs Lando Bros
3:25 vs Stubs team
4:38 Grand Finals

Singles:
5:15 I lose to a ROB
5:29 I struggle way too hard against Pikmin after Rosalina
(Continues into http://www.twitch.tv/iron_boots3/b/670955252)

1:48 in the second video is a customs match against the most infuriating player I've ever played. He has a rigid flowchart and doesn't know what the shield button is but I can't punish anything. I never play customs so I basically treated the match as I would without them and he was playing default anyway.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Ladies and gentlemen, the Shulk MU :
(Scarhi is top french Shulk player btw)
Good games! So I guess Shulk is definitely manageable, but his long sword is something we have to keep in mind the whole game, or else it will catch us off guard.

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
Just a little clip of me in Grand Finals during an In-House tourney, with some decent insight on the Pikachu matchup.

Also feel free to watch the rest of the matches, and listen to our laughably bad commentary.

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Finally created my first actual Villager tutorial, and I'm gonna begin by going through Villager's best ledge options. Sorry the quality was so low, but I exported the first part directly from the Twitch stream. I'm trying to bring my NoCustoms Villager back to how it used to be so gimme some time before I get to some more advanced stuff, especially matchups lol. Hope you guys enjoy it regardless.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Can someone post some matches or atleast a name of the Japanese villager that won a trip to evo? Zero talks about him in his high tier video and shows some footage of him against a mario but I couldn't quite catch a name.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Can someone post some matches or atleast a name of the Japanese villager that won a trip to evo? Zero talks about him in his high tier video and shows some footage of him against a mario but I couldn't quite catch a name.
turns out Gambaranai chose to go to APEX 2016 instead of EVO
anyways heres him versus Abadango the best pacman in the world

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Forgot to post this here in case the OP ever gets updated again I'd love to have this video there in that case.

I created a match-up tutorial explaining how to deal with the Mega Man vs Villager Match-up!

Hope this helps some people out as I know a lot of Villagers are struggling with this match-up.

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to try creating a new series of videos where I ask you guys for help on improving in Smash. In this case my Villager against this Shiek. What did I do wrong and right and how can I get better in this matchup if I am fighting a skilled Shiek player? Even though I win, it's still close and I would like advice.

It's probably best to leave your comments in the video itself. I have won and beaten other decent Shiek players as Villager, just that this one gave me some trouble.

Last edited:

AJL

Smash Cadet
NNID
jplacura
3DS FC
3110-5257-7666
Well honestly I had no idea what I was doing at the time, but I won in 51 seconds.

Sorry for the terrible quality, haha.

Last edited:

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
I buddy of mine made an AWESOME mini-montage of some of my gameplay for the crew that im in. It's not completely Villager stuff, but I still wanted to share!

MeDroiD

Smash Rookie

Just flashy Villager play :]
Hey Ponco,
May I ask you for your GC controller setup? I love the way you execute your moves and as a person who has just switched to the GC controller I'd be super interested in knowing how you perform those so good.

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom